Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Steen Wolf takes place October 22!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Steen Wolf takes place October

Postby ajday » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:29 am

As much as I love how they are building up the card for this show, I really miss the little paragraph build-ups they typically do. :( Damn twitter and it's 140 character limit.
ajday

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:31 pm

ajday wrote:As much as I love how they are building up the card for this show, I really miss the little paragraph build-ups they typically do. :( Damn twitter and it's 140 character limit.

FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK
So Cal Punk

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:00 pm

Hell yeah. Chris Kadillak and Famous B
Souf Centrol

Postby tizjizkiz » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:47 pm

so the last match to be announced...4 way tag title match..

Young Bucks-vs-RockNES Monsters-vs-Taylor Boys-vs-FutureShock...

sounds good to me!!
tizjizkiz

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:40 pm

tizjizkiz wrote:so the last match to be announced...4 way tag title match..

sounds good to me!!

yes, yes, & more YES!
So Cal Punk

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:38 pm

sounds good to me!!

Awesome! this should be fantastic, any word on if this is gonna be elimination or one fall?
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:01 pm

eastbay510 wrote:

sounds good to me!!

Awesome! this should be fantastic, any word on if this is gonna be elimination or one fall?

its not even confirmed, its just speculation from a fan
El Asian

Postby fatallylost » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Final matches announced via twitter...

"Six-person tag team mayhem will open the show at Steen Wolf. Ray Rosas/Peter Avalon/Freddy Bravo vs Famous B/Chris Kadillak/Candice LeRae."

"Fightin' Taylor Boys vs RockNES Monsters, and The Young Bucks vs Adam Cole/Kyle O'Reilly."
fatallylost

Postby Meltman » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:37 am

eastbay510 wrote:Umm??? He wasn't complaining at all, he is just saying he wants to see a wrestler he likes, I constantly ask for Johnny Gargano on these fourms, and yet I do not consider myself an idoit. And I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion of PWG overcompensating, it is a perfect balance the way it is right now with the established guys and the young talent.

You technically are an idiot. You're recycling garbage.

I'm sure the bookers aren't aware of available non-PWG talent like Gargano in the dwindling indy wrestling world. Bring him up 5 more times, they may finally notice.

The_Sharpshooter wrote:WoW!!.. That was un-called for.. LoL!!
Don't listen to him DjEnergy... It's that time of the month for him :mrgreen:

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:Oh don't worry, he must have confused me with someone that gave a shit what he thought. *chuckles* Stupid assumptions that made him look like an ass.

I can still hope for what I want, when I want and whoever I want. Just like people hope for Super Dragon, I can hope for Tornado, Omega and anyone else I feel like. It's my freedom of self expression. So clarify to yourself, who the STUPID one is, for in this wall of words you won the honor of that title.

Cheers

You sound like two wash-women. Did you read each other's purse keychains for those comebacks? Hacks.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:43 am

By the way, you'd be a "happy camper" anywhere with bottomless fries. Spoiled cunt.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:45 am

fatallylost wrote:Final matches announced via twitter...

"Six-person tag team mayhem will open the show at Steen Wolf. Ray Rosas/Peter Avalon/Freddy Bravo vs Famous B/Chris Kadillak/Candice LeRae."

"Fightin' Taylor Boys vs RockNES Monsters, and The Young Bucks vs Adam Cole/Kyle O'Reilly."

sounds good to me though I wonder if the Bucks are defending the title for their match against Cole and O'Reilly
El Asian

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:24 pm

The six person match should be a good way to open the show and I really hope the locals make a good impression on the fans. RockNES/Taylor Boys and Bucks/Future Shock is kind of what I expected to round out the card. Hopefully it's a non title match so we can have a little more faith that Cole/O'Reilly have a chance at winning. Overall, this should be a fun show and i'm sure the main point for a lot of fans coming is the Ladder Match but I really wanna see how Davey/Willie turns out. Could be a great match
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:04 pm

Meltman wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Umm??? He wasn't complaining at all, he is just saying he wants to see a wrestler he likes, I constantly ask for Johnny Gargano on these fourms, and yet I do not consider myself an idoit. And I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion of PWG overcompensating, it is a perfect balance the way it is right now with the established guys and the young talent.

I'm sure the bookers aren't aware of available non-PWG talent like Gargano in the dwindling indy wrestling world. Bring him up 5 more times, they may finally notice.

Hey they just might. I know I've been saying Ray Rosas and Chris Kadillac ALL YEAR. They are finally here, I can't take credit for it but in the back of my mind I am lol
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:08 am

Meltman wrote:

The_Sharpshooter wrote:WoW!!.. That was un-called for.. LoL!!
Don't listen to him DjEnergy... It's that time of the month for him :mrgreen:

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:Oh don't worry, he must have confused me with someone that gave a shit what he thought. *chuckles* Stupid assumptions that made him look like an ass.

I can still hope for what I want, when I want and whoever I want. Just like people hope for Super Dragon, I can hope for Tornado, Omega and anyone else I feel like. It's my freedom of self expression. So clarify to yourself, who the STUPID one is, for in this wall of words you won the honor of that title.

Cheers

You sound like two wash-women. Did you read each other's purse keychains for those comebacks? Hacks.

Not getting in the middle, but, as an observationalist. You can't really rag on people, then call them "wash-women" What is this? 1920's Czechoslovakia? Wash women? WTF?
fatallylost

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:02 am

Meltman wrote:You sound like two wash-women. Did you read each other's purse keychains for those comebacks? Hacks.

Really and your banter about Purse Keychains was the actual best you could come up with? Seriously? Are you that hungry for some attention that you would literally just try to pick on someone you have no real clue about because I voice my interests? You might be the biggest fool of them all then if you believe that is going to get you through the day to tell yourself your some sort of a man in life. Haters are going to hate regardless, and they have never phased me in my life. So I mean if your so pent up on hanging on my nuts like tarzan go ahead mate, you won't be the first and won't be the last.

Like I really would care what a slag like you has to say, another two bit internet cunt who has big words behind the monitor and obviously didn't read anything I had written down himself. You're a typical internet troll, has something to say because in the real world people couldn't give a piss about what you do or have to say in life.

Keep making yourself look like a fucking moron. It isn't the first time a little twat like you thinks his words can even come close to cutting me deep. Pussy!

And now on with the show. Steen Wolf! FTW! Ladder Match! Lets do this!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:12 am

Yes, on with the show...
1 more month, baby!!! :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Whoblehwah » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:21 am

This card is freaking stacked. Although I did notice one noticeable absence. Brandon Gatson. Where the hell has he been lately?
Whoblehwah

Postby SlayJ » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Even though there's been a few shows in 2011 with arguably more "star power" than this, "Steen Wolf" is probably (on paper) the card that has me the most fired up this year! There's not a match booked that I'm not looking forward to. And Steen vs Generico is by far the most anticipated confrontation for me in quite sometime. Hell, I'm both excited and terrified about being in the front row when these two rip in to each other and bring the plunder-filled HATE! It doesn't get much better than this! Let's check out the card!!!

One thing I really like about this show is mixing the freshness with the familiar. The 6-man (uhh...5-man/1-woman) local showcase is a great idea and hopefully it'll allow a couple of guys to raise their profile and potentially create some future stars. I've seen a few of the participents down here in San Diego working for New Wave Pro Wrestling like Chris Kadillak and Famous B so it's really cool to see them getting this opportunity. And being a huge fan of Candice, I am really happy to see her back. I always dug it when PWG would feature these fun wacky 6-person tags to open their shows, so kudos for bringing it back!

I'm hoping that TJP and Rocky Romero is short, to the point, and action packed. I think if these guys worked a high paced 7 or 8 minute match, it would be pretty awesome and get over with the crowd better than them going 12-15 minutes. They're both extremely solid talents, but I think with a card like this, keeping this match compact and high impact would be a perfect appetizer for the rest of the show. And I hope TJP goes over here.

After a good hard-hitting match like Perkins v. Romero, a great follow up would be The RockNES Monsters vs The Taylors. With the dissention that's been brewing between Ryan and Brian-Cage, this would be a good time for Chuck to come out and give a pep talk to his Fightin' Bros. And for good measure, having a little interaction between RockNES and Chuckie T during the match would be classic. Nothin' wrong with some laughs to go along with the action. I'm not sure if a Taylor v Taylor fued is in the works, but this match could really set the scene. And the Johnnys (Goodtime & Yuma) are ALWAYS a great addition to any show they are on!

I would go with Willie Mack vs Davey next. The way I see it, despite a painfully great match with Roddy Strong and a win over Steen, Willie has been on a bit of a slide over the past couple shows. A strong showing here could put him back on the short list for potential title contenders. I'm a big time Davey fan but this is my pick for upset of the night. I think having Willie pull out a victory over a guy like Davey Richards going in to intermission would create a major buzz and get people pumped for the 2nd half of the show.

It's good to see Los Luchas back in PWG and I think them against the Dynasty would be a fun match to get the show moving again after intermission. After losing to RockNES recently, Joey and Scorp need a strong win here and I think this would fit the bill. If this is kept to around 10 minutes with some fun aerial stuff from Los Luchas and Sky, this will be very solid.

Chuckie T vs Ricochet was one of my most anticipated matches from All-Star Weekend and unfortunately it didn't happen. So I am beyond pumped to be getting it at "Steen Wolf"! Not much else to say here. Both guys are awesome and know each other very well. This will be a helluva lotta fun and I can't wait! Go Chuck!

Kinda surprised that the tag titles are on the line for this one, but I am playing the proverbial broken record by saying how pumped I am to see this match in Reseda! The Young Bucks vs Adam Cole and Kyle O' Reilly has the potential to be off the charts good! Depending on how often they are planning to come back, I could definitely see an upset here in favor of Future Shock. But then again, the Bucks have been so incredibly dominant it's tough to bet against them. I just look forward to seeing these two teams battle live!

The Main Event needs no introduction. I have crazy man love for both of these fuckers! I need seat belts! Shit, this is going to be INSANE! I can't root against Generico, but dammit...it's fuckin' Steen! Hell, I'll be hoarse long before it's over and probably so spent that I'll sleep through the Chargers vs Jets game the next morning. And I don't sleep through Chargers football for ANYTHING! But the hell with it, Steen and Generico won't be leaving anything in that ring...and as a fan neither will I! One month is TOO LONG TO WAIT!
SlayJ

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:36 am

The "Steen Wolf" logo on the main-page looks f'kn Awesome!! :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby So Cal Punk » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:57 am

The_Sharpshooter wrote:The "Steen Wolf" logo on the main-page looks f'kn Awesome!! :mrgreen:

agreed
So Cal Punk

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum