The Next PWG Champ?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

The Next PWG Champ?

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:18 am

Simply put, who should be the next PWG champion? Now I know Steen just won it in July but I figured I would toss the question out there as I'm bored, a hurricane is currently hitting the east coast and I totally expect to be without power in the next few hours.
Garden State Saint

Re: The Next PWG Champ?

Postby Gianto_Talbot » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:31 pm

I'd say Chris Hero and Claudio are definitely the most all around "championship material" kinda guys. But with them out of the picture I thinks guys like Eddie Edwards and Rodwrick strong are champions you could be proud of. I'm probably just old and stubborn at 28, but there are certain guys who have good matches and you like them but you don't put the belt on them.
Gianto_Talbot

Postby Endurance » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:22 pm

El Generico
Endurance

Postby Colt Banana » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:08 pm

I think Roddy is LONG over due, I still think he should have won BOLA 09, but I don't think he'll be the guy to beat Steen. Generico seems like a very good choice, but I think if Steen is still champ by the 9th anniversary then we'll be talking about Willie Mack taking the belt, maybe even sooner depending bon how things go
Colt Banana

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:04 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Roderick win it but then again I wouldn't mind a long reign for Steen while building Gatson up for a big win.
Garden State Saint

Postby talley_1986 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:42 am

Keep Brandon Gatson far away from the title.

Just continue building up Willie Mack to eventually win the belt. Unlike any of the big stars of PWG (The Davey, Generico, KOW, Strong's of the company), you know Willie Mack is going to be at the next show. PWG has had a real problem with giving the belt to guys who miss several shows due to working so many other places. Give it to Willie Mack instead. Do we really want another guy like Davey Richards to win the belt and then have to give it up because he's too busy?
talley_1986

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:37 am

Why are you against Gatson? Color me curious.
Garden State Saint

Postby Gianto_Talbot » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:01 am

talley_1986 wrote:Keep Brandon Gatson far away from the title.

Just continue building up Willie Mack to eventually win the belt. Unlike any of the big stars of PWG (The Davey, Generico, KOW, Strong's of the company), you know Willie Mack is going to be at the next show. PWG has had a real problem with giving the belt to guys who miss several shows due to working so many other places. Give it to Willie Mack instead. Do we really want another guy like Davey Richards to win the belt and then have to give it up because he's too busy?

KeeP the belt away from Gatson but give it to fat ass, goofy ass Willie Mack??? Ridamdiculous!
Why would u say even something like that? For shock value? Are you being sarcastic? Not funny sir! Not funny!
Gianto_Talbot

Postby El Asian » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Willie Mack is good and all and I can see him as PWG champion one day but thisidea of a local guys being more loyal to PWG as champion than a fly in guy is pretty much false, guys like Gatson and Mack have taken other bookings when PWG has ran shows before, not really that different from anyone else plus if you think about it, most local guys have left PWG more than the fly in talent has
El Asian

Postby Colt Banana » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:26 pm

One choice I keep going over is Chuck Taylor. I'll be the 1st to admit he's not really a match for guys like steen or hero physically, but if you base the reign around him being the leader of a faction and using a numbers game to win matches I think it could be really good. He's already the leader of one faction in pwg and there's always the option of bringing in the rest of Ronin later on, maybe have Chuck turn on tghe other Taylors to make him more heelish
Colt Banana

Postby SlayJ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Colt Banana wrote:One choice I keep going over is Chuck Taylor. I'll be the 1st to admit he's not really a match for guys like steen or hero physically, but if you base the reign around him being the leader of a faction and using a numbers game to win matches I think it could be really good. He's already the leader of one faction in pwg and there's always the option of bringing in the rest of Ronin later on, maybe have Chuck turn on tghe other Taylors to make him more heelish

While I am in NO hurry whatsoever to get the belt off Steen, I'm completely behind the push for an eventual Chuckie T reign in Reseda! The guy is about as well rounded as anybody right now and can basically do whatever is asked of him (great matches, promos, comedy, high flying, etc). And while bringing in Ronin or F.I.S.T would be great, I think a heel group with Taylor, Gargano and Ricochet could be awesome. A 6 man tag with them against The RockNES Monsters & El Generico would be epic! Hell, I could fantasy book for an hour with that trio. But getting back on point, a Taylor vs Steen fued over the title at some point would be a helluva lot of fun. They could just circle each other for 25 minutes and verbally spar and it would be ***3/4 easy!
SlayJ

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:12 pm

I'd much rather see Ronin (the faction) than F.I.S.T. in PWG.
Garden State Saint

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum