WrestleReunion 6 dates and location announced

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: WrestleReunion 6 dates and location announced

Postby Ray Deathray » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:25 pm

At WrestleReunion 2010, I stayed at the Hilton where I toked up and got a little paranoid. I looked out the peephole of my room and saw Kevin Steen walking by. I was afraid that he was still mad at me for wearing a Generico mask at the ROH show earlier that night.

For WR 2011, I stayed at the Travelodge LAX which was just a quick walk from Hilton, and is also a quick walk from Westin. They've got smoking rooms that were cheaper and bigger so you've got more places to hide if you get paranoid and think that wrestlers are after you.
Ray Deathray

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:08 am

Ray Deathray wrote:At WrestleReunion 2010, I stayed at the Hilton where I toked up and got a little paranoid. I looked out the peephole of my room and saw Kevin Steen walking by. I was afraid that he was still mad at me for wearing a Generico mask at the ROH show earlier that night.

For WR 2011, I stayed at the Travelodge LAX which was just a quick walk from Hilton, and is also a quick walk from Westin. They've got smoking rooms that were cheaper and bigger so you've got more places to hide if you get paranoid and think that wrestlers are after you.

That's Awesome..
I actually had Jim Niedhart pass by my room a couple of times as I was leaving. My eyes are all blood-shot and I just smiled at him..
He just smiled back and nodded his head. :mrgreen:

The whole floor I was on, was 'lit-up.' The minute you walked off the elevator, you could smell it.
Everything was fine Friday Night and all day Saturday... then all of sudden, the room next to us became filled with some "Juggalos" b4 and aftr the
PWG event. Those peeps were causing all kinds of chaos. Loud noise, walls banging... Twice, I had to tell them to calm down. I had an awful sleep.

Imma have to check out that Travelodge you mentioned...
The_Sharpshooter

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:12 pm

According to Wrestlereunion.com, Dragon Gate USA has confirmed an event for Friday night (Jan.27th)...
All we need is for PWG to confirm for Saturday and what a F'kn weekend this is going to be... :mrgreen:
I guess this means no ROH.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Lord Akiyama » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:16 pm

I am F*%#ING STOKED that DGUSA will be there! I'm so going!
Lord Akiyama

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:03 am

According to WrestleReunion (they posted on the comment thread for the announcement), ROH will not be running a show at the LA event because the new management wants to concentrate running shows in markets that carry the Sinclair Broadcast network of TV channels. The farthest west SBG goes is Las Vegas.
Lord Akiyama

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:01 pm

If it's Dragongate and PWG that night I'll take the whole bloody weekend off just for this!!! I'll even cancel Deejay gigs in advance, I can't miss this either.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby zz.Hernandez » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:53 pm

am so going to this can't wait to see all the dragon gate guys maybe see Akira Tozawa come back to Los Angeles
zz.Hernandez

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:25 am

Lord Akiyama wrote:According to WrestleReunion (they posted on the comment thread for the announcement), ROH will not be running a show at the LA event because the new management wants to concentrate running shows in markets that carry the Sinclair Broadcast network of TV channels. The farthest west SBG goes is Las Vegas.

That makes sense on ROH's part.
Although, i gotta admitt... Im glad they r not going to be there. Last year's show was awful.

zz.hernandez wrote:am so going to this can't wait to see all the dragon gate guys maybe see Akira Tozawa come back to Los Angeles

I was thinkin' the same thing...
Hopefully, we will get to see him on Friday's show and then at the PWG show on Saturday... :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:27 am

It be great to see Akira Tozawa again. I know he probably misses us. ^_^
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:41 pm

The pre-sale for those who have pre-ordered VIP passes to the Los Angeles show started thirty minutes ago through HighSpots. This will run through until July 8 at 5pm EST when the tickets will go on sale to the general public. Rows 4 and back are $25, Row 3 is $40, Row 2 is $50, Row 1 is $75. Rows 1-3 are Golden Circle tickets and will provide the holder access to the meet and greet with the DGUSA talent prior to the show for free photos and autographs.
Lord Akiyama

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:02 pm

The Godfather is going to be wrestling on the saturday show, Human Tornado NEEDS to come out of retirement for this. The Godfather and Human Tornado as a tag team walking out to the ring with their hoes, that would be awesome.
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:34 pm

They just announced at the WR6 website that the PWG show will be on Sunday afternoon. That sux! The attendance will be affected by it.
The Franchise13

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:20 pm

I can definitely see attendance being affected with the show being on Sunday afternoon, but I think I understand why they planned it for that. One of the major reasons being that in the past hardly any one stuck around by noon on Sunday. WR obviously wants to do something on Sunday to keep many of the fans to stick around. Another reason I think is because of the last show when the show was nearly an hour late, ran for five hours, and didn't end until 1:30am. The lay-over was obviously rough for some, though the majority of us still believe it was a phenomenal night regardless. Nevertheless, a Sunday afternoon is a good spot to set up in case of lay-over.

I'm going any way, so it's not like it'll be any sort of problem for me. The legends show will be an intriguing affair, though I wouldn't mind if they can pull something like a possible Steiners vs. Young Bucks match for either show. I know the Steiners are well past their prime, but the Bucks can do wonders with just about any team and it would be fun to see them and the Steiners go at it.
Lord Akiyama

Postby highspots » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Better to have a PWG show on Sunday than no PWG show at all that weekend.

ROH not only isn't interested in being part of the weekend, they won't know their own schedule for that weekend until later in the fall. Although PWG normally promotes their shows with less than two months notice, WrestleReunion plans further out and simply couldn't wait until November to figure out whether or not a PWG show on a Saturday would even be possible (since we would have to wait on ROH to decide whether they are running that weekend/not). Having PWG on a Sunday allows PWG to get any talent needed to the show regardless of whether ROH holds a show on Saturday or not.

Last year we attempted to bring Dragon Gate USA on Sunday, without going into the story, not everybody that was involved with the weekend wanted to make it a 3 day ROH/PWG/DGUSA party. This year instead of doing any autographs/pictures on Sunday, we're just having the live PWG in its time slot.

We're also trying to get a Royal Rumble PPV feed (bar license fee and equipment) into the hotel so we can lure the WWE fans to see the PWG show and then stick around for a WWE PPV. If we can do that, the show will end basically when the WWE PPV is set to begin.

Once again, thanks to PWG for accomodating us and being part of the WrestleReunion event.
highspots

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Sounds like a winner to me. 8)
Lord Akiyama

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:38 am

Man Sunday Afternoon totally fucks up my schedule. =_= Oh well I think I see myself getting sick in the near future. *cough cough*

I'm not gonna lie, that last Wrestle reunion show was nuts but so long. I was having a hard time staying awake and I had to be at work the next morning. I think this time I'll plan ahead. This will be worth celebrating both myself and my sisters birthdays.

And I agree someone said Tornado needs to come back with the Godfather. That would be pimptastical baby! lol
DjEn3rgy21

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:05 am

Glad Dragon Gate will be there. Glad ROH won't be there cause they fucking suck anyways imo.
ESPINOZA316

Postby Lord Akiyama » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:25 am

Big Van Vader has been added to the line-up.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Matt Flash » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:23 pm

VADER vs. Generico or Willie Mack. I don't care if he's not signed on to wrestle. BOOK IT!
Matt Flash

Postby Lord Akiyama » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Can you imagine the facial expressions from Generico when he's facing Vader?
Lord Akiyama

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum