CM Punk in PWG

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

CM Punk in PWG

Postby Madvillian » Wed May 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Rumors are Punk's contract is up soon and he might not re-sign. If he doesn't re-sign, how sick would it be to see Colt Cabana & CM Punk vs Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli at PWG's 8th Anniversary show. Kings of Wrestling vs Second City Saints....just sayin
Madvillian

Re: CM Punk in PWG

Postby talley_1986 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:58 pm

It'd be cool, but I can't see it happening. I think it's far more likely that Punk will just take a break from wrestling before going back to the WWE, just as Chris Jericho did. If he was going to work a few indy matches, he'll probably either go back to ROH or show his loyalty to Gabe with EVOLVE/DGUSA.
talley_1986

Postby El Asian » Wed May 04, 2011 7:04 pm

it be great though depending how Punk would cost though maybe his "history" with Super Dragon, maybe he'll give PWG a discount on booking him similar to Danielson's indy dates last year (because someone like Punk isn't exactly a cheap guy to book though working indies is probably easier schedule for him to deal with than the WWE dates for now and Punk sure is hell ain't going to TNA, that's for sure), so its a really big if Punk even does work certain indy dates though Punk didn't exactly set the world on fire when he first appeared in PWG aside for a few matches, though I do like the tag match, I personally want to see a singles match between Punk and Hero given the history between the 2 and how those 2 have changed since they last fought
El Asian

Postby fatallylost » Wed May 04, 2011 10:28 pm

I've thought about it, because of the contract situation. But, it sounded more like he wants a break for a little bit. I think ASW8 is just too close for that to happen.. let alone the fact that Cabana hasn't worked here in a while.
fatallylost

Postby jdrouskirsh » Thu May 05, 2011 1:25 am

I BELIEVE PUNKS CONTRACT IS THROUGH SUMMERSLAM.... SO IF HE LEAVES WWE, AND COMES BACK TO PWG, IT WOULD PROBABLY BE BOLA
jdrouskirsh

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu May 05, 2011 8:18 pm

jdrouskirsh wrote:I BELIEVE PUNKS CONTRACT IS THROUGH SUMMERSLAM.... SO IF HE LEAVES WWE, AND COMES BACK TO PWG, IT WOULD PROBABLY BE BOLA

Cap lock button stuck?
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Thu May 05, 2011 9:58 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:
jdrouskirsh wrote:I BELIEVE PUNKS CONTRACT IS THROUGH SUMMERSLAM.... SO IF HE LEAVES WWE, AND COMES BACK TO PWG, IT WOULD PROBABLY BE BOLA

Cap lock button stuck?

He's just really far away from the monitor.
fatallylost

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Thu May 05, 2011 11:56 pm

Why are you yelling?
El Hijo del Generico

Postby ajday » Fri May 06, 2011 9:45 am

El Hijo del Generico wrote:

Why are you yelling?

I think he has a voice-related medical condition as seen in this video: http://vimeo.com/1913104
ajday

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum