PWG needs more comedy!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG needs more comedy!

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:58 am

I really feel PWG needs more comedy in their shows. I miss the days of Disco Machine, Kikutaro, Top Gun Talwar, Stalker Ichikawa, and even Colt Cabana's antics and Kenny Omega.

I'd love to see PWG bring in Shockwave the Robbot to battle Kikutaro. That would be off the chain funny.

Kind of a random topic...but just got me thinking back to the old days like when Top Gun Talwar would come out to the Who's the Boss theme or wrestle with his pubic wig.
BayAreaPWGFan

Re: PWG needs more comedy!

Postby El Asian » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:49 pm

I agree that PWG should bring back Colt Cabana and Disco Machine at least especially as Cabana has only worked PWG as of late doing commentary it seems and only at WrestleReunion as well plus with Cabana being NWA champion and all, I would think he'd be around SoCal when they are shooting NWA tapings as for Disco Machine, who has been wrestling in a bunch of local feds, I would love to see him back in PWG as that veteran type to help other guys plus it be nice to hear him doing commentary with Excalibur for old time sakes

and something I've always suggested, I would love for PWG to bring back both Stalker Ichikawa and Kikutaro to have a Guerrilla Warfare match against each other, even there's no good reason exactly why those 2 would have a Guerrilla Warfare match
El Asian

Postby Endurance » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:54 pm

I think they have a good amount of comedy right now with Steen, Tozawa, Excalibur, and even the Young Bucks have been more comedy as of late. Usually everyone in the ring incorporates some amount of humor into their match even if they're not known for comedy. Although I do miss Omega.
Endurance

Postby fatallylost » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Don't forget our beloved Kentucky Gentleman.
fatallylost

Postby RobGrayson » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:39 pm

El Asian wrote:and something I've always suggested, I would love for PWG to bring back both Stalker Ichikawa and Kikutaro to have a Guerrilla Warfare match against each other, even there's no good reason exactly why those 2 would have a Guerrilla Warfare match

There is also no reason why they shouldn't

Also, I would be in full support of bringing in Shockwave, I met him a few years ago, real nice guy
RobGrayson

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:15 pm

PWGkara....um no. I think it has enough comedy. I like chikara for its comedy but pwg focus is wrestling.....and that I love
Souf Centrol

Postby Endurance » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:53 pm

fatallylost wrote:Don't forget our beloved Kentucky Gentleman.

And the man that hates kids. How could I forget?
Endurance

Postby Meltman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:27 am

Don't forget the Avalon/Candice comedy stuff.
Meltman

Postby Endurance » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:49 pm

Meltman wrote:Don't forget the Avalon/Candice comedy stuff.

And there's this too. See, PWG has plenty of comedy.
Endurance

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:32 pm

I think PWG has plenty of comedy. What PWG needs is more in ring promos by newer guys that the Resedea audience hasn't really heard talk much yet ( Mack, Gatson, Goodtime come to mind) and more long running feuds maybe involving "faction warfare" we were once promised.
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Postby Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:47 pm

fatallylost wrote:Don't forget our beloved Kentucky Gentleman.

Holy shit Chuck Taylor is so funny. I was at the Dragon Gate USA show in Atlanta for their 4/2 show and I don't know if the ippv caught it, but when he was on the apron waiting he noticed part of the wood from the apron sticking out and he says in a concerned voice "...well that isn't saafe." It was really funny especially amongst all the highflying action that match he was in had. He's great. Really nice guy.
Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:18 am

Yes PWG has plenty of comedy already and I would prefer less comedy and more strong style. Actually Chikara has been doing less comedy as well. Their focus is mainly on wrestling. I like Chikara a lot but I don't want to see PWG becoming Chikara like. I mean do you guys really want to chant "Holy Poop"? I don't.
krayzie Bone

Postby Coach » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:54 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Yes PWG has plenty of comedy already and I would prefer less comedy and more strong style. Actually Chikara has been doing less comedy as well. Their focus is mainly on wrestling. I like Chikara a lot but I don't want to see PWG becoming Chikara like. I mean do you guys really want to chant "Holy Poop"? I don't.

In the chase of Chikara, the "holy poop" chants are because their shows/content are geared towards the kids in the audince. Its difficult to not cuss when you're accustomed to dropping a cuss word or two!
Coach

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:42 am

Yes Chikara is family friendly show, and perhaps it is geared toward kids in the audience, the strange thing is thou that their wrestling is great. Kids usually are not impressed with complex wrestling and that's why most kids tend to lean toward WWE. Its interesting how Chikara tries to appeal to kids, yet most of its fans are adults who appreciate great wrestling.
krayzie Bone

Postby fatallylost » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Someday, someday, someone will join this board, and krayzie will actually agree, without complaining, pointing out how you (whoever that'd be) are wrong.

I'm glad I left high school years ago, anyone else?
fatallylost

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:34 pm

fatallylost wrote:Someday, someday, someone will join this board, and krayzie will actually agree, without complaining, pointing out how you (whoever that'd be) are wrong.

Lol maybe someday. I still wanna find out who he is. I have an idea but I doubt its him
Souf Centrol

Postby El Asian » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:
fatallylost wrote:Someday, someday, someone will join this board, and krayzie will actually agree, without complaining, pointing out how you (whoever that'd be) are wrong.

Lol maybe someday. I still wanna find out who he is. I have an idea but I doubt its him

look for Shotgun Yan backyard wrestling videos on youtube and you know what he'll look like
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:42 pm

You mean you didn't graduate from high school? No wonder you can't tell the difference between complaining and asking for something. I'm not complaining about anything moron, I was actually agreeing with the guy who posted about Chikara, so you obviously misread the whole thing boldie. Anyways Souf Centrol, I say hi to you all the time. I will officially introduce myself to you at All Star Weekend. Also you seen me arguing with DJ Energy here before, but turns out DJ and I are very cool to each other in real life. Don't trust all this hating ass bitches on the internet. I'm one of the nicest guys out there.
krayzie Bone

Postby Coach » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:44 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Yes Chikara is family friendly show, and perhaps it is geared toward kids in the audience, the strange thing is thou that their wrestling is great. Kids usually are not impressed with complex wrestling and that's why most kids tend to lean toward WWE. Its interesting how Chikara tries to appeal to kids, yet most of its fans are adults who appreciate great wrestling.

You know what makes Chikara appeal to the kids: the actual characters, and even moreso the masks. Chikara comes off like a comic book of sorts, and the understanding of the good guys and bad guys based on how they present themselves in the ring. Like the colony or the portal: ants, a pharohe, and a snake.. it just works!

Its kind of refreshing when there's a kid sitting next to you is asking you what kind of moves does "x" wrestler have, or just booing their hearts out because they can identify wrestlers that they don't like for whatever reason.
Coach

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:40 pm

Well absolutely. All I was saying is that most of Chikara fans are adults. Chikara is a great combination of heel vs face atmosphere and great wrestling that us smart marks can appreciate. And Fatally Anderson completely misread me. But hey Fatally you are my brother and I love you, enjoy the worst of Shotgun Yan on Youtube.
krayzie Bone

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum