Roster Page

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Roster Page

Postby deadmandevilman » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:36 pm

Updated Roster Page - Peter Avalon in, Mack in, Yuma in, Christina Von Eerie out.
deadmandevilman

Re: Roster Page

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:45 pm

Not to mention that Paul London is off the page now. Guess that confirms some suspicions...

But for some reason Super Dragon remains on it. Despite everything, I won't ever believe that he is officially retired until they remove him from that page.
TigerDriver98

Postby ASSQUATCH » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:46 am

Aries is gone too.
ASSQUATCH

Postby Meltman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:05 am

Also gone? Kenny Omega. Yes folks. Obviously it had to happen. Hope he'll be back for special appearances.

They should fill out Yuma's info a bit.

Aries is cool but he ran his course. He was in PWG since like 2004 and never did much. Won't miss him.

London? Like I said I'll miss the promos, but that's it. There are better reckless-style guys on the roster anyway (Goodtime).

Von Eerie is great but I guess she's permanent where she is (Mexico?).

I'm convinced Super Dragon is only there to reflect authority (off-screen). They should move him near Excalibur's pic.

Surprised Rocky Romero is still there.

Also, how about adding Low Ki?
Meltman

Postby talley_1986 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:20 am

Malachi Jackson is gone too.
talley_1986

Postby Meltman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:15 am

talley_1986 wrote:Malachi Jackson is gone too.

Good. Confirmed.

Goes to show his influence when nobody even noticed. He had his fifteen minutes-via-association.

I also don't understand Colt Cabana. They still use him for commentary but not match-wise in a long time, what's the deal? Put him down as commentator then.
Meltman

Postby Whoblehwah » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:04 am

No London? Sad face. =[
Whoblehwah

Postby El Asian » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Brian Kendrick is also gone from the roster as well
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:15 pm

El Asian wrote:Brian Kendrick is also gone from the roster as well

Damn, didn't notice.

They'll probably still use him, even if only 1-2 times a year. Like Sabin and Shelley, since he's a TNA guy and PWG already has 2 TNA guys as headliners.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Also London gone means new header for the website. They'll probably replace a couple of guys (London, I'm thinking also Gatson, maybe Chuck?).

If so then Kevin Steen def needs to be on the header.
Meltman

Postby tmac9311 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:24 pm

Man that's such a bummer to look at, It's updated and accurate which is a good thing, and it doesnt reflect my excitement or love of PWG, but man, we have like 3 or 4 additions and much more subtractions. I don't really like the morph of it merging rosters with NWA Hollywood although it makes complete sense, and they still bring in the people that excite that NWA hollywood cant. I just hope we never have to give Tozawa back to Dragon Gate
tmac9311

Postby Meltman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:38 pm

tmac9311 wrote:Man that's such a bummer to look at, It's updated and accurate which is a good thing, and it doesnt reflect my excitement or love of PWG, but man, we have like 3 or 4 additions and much more subtractions. I don't really like the morph of it merging rosters with NWA Hollywood although it makes complete sense, and they still bring in the people that excite that NWA hollywood cant. I just hope we never have to give Tozawa back to Dragon Gate

The "NWA Hollywood guys" would've ended up in PWG with or without NWA Hollywood. Understand that.

When's the last time any of the subtractions had been booked? Nobody prominent was lost. On the other hand they added 3-4 people currently prominent.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Meltman wrote:When's the last time any of the subtractions had been booked?

* Besides London.
Meltman

Postby fatallylost » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm

I'm not sure I get the "merging with NWA" thing. The only one I can think of that's a regular there who came into PWG after NWA Hollywood started up is Yuma. Peter Avalon debuted in PWG before that.

Also, I know why both Malachi and London were removed. It's for the best, not making us hope one would show up more often, if at all.

I also think it's funny. In the random comments thread, I posted about them updating things (most specifically that London/Generico were still listed as champs a couple days later) and within one day, things are updated, but my post was deleted. Is ok though.
fatallylost

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:52 pm

FYI........Joey Ryan is the booker for NWA Hollywood now. NOt Adam Pearce anymore. When we get Manamal....Famous B....Rico Dynomite...or Baby Slymm THEN think of it as combining rosters. How I see it is the ones that are here now we have been talking about getting them here for a while(Willie Mack, Peter...well not everybody, ROCKNES!)

I still think Natural Selection, Brandon Parker/Todd Chandler, Ray Rooooooooooooosaaaaaaaas(Love that guy) should be brought in. Hell I wouldn't mind seeing Rosche brown live
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:28 pm

No offense to the guy, but I went to the NWA Hollywood taping Sunday.. and let's please not see Rico Dynamite. The guy looked horrible in all his matches. Maybe it was an off night or something, but it looked like he was botching moves left and right.

We only need one person from NWA Hollywood on the PWG roster (now, I wouldn't mind seeing Rosas, or a couple other people) and we all know who that is.
fatallylost

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:51 pm

Ha, now Paul London is back on the page. I wonder if PWG was just messing with us there.
TigerDriver98

Postby ajday » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:27 pm

ajday wrote:
TigerDriver98 wrote:Ha, now Paul London is back on the page. I wonder if PWG was just messing with us there.

Maybe he was forgiven?

Clicked the button too soon, sorry for the double post... Maybe things have gotten to the better side of the relationship between two sides, and things are all better and happy now. For all we know, London could have given the board of directors some magic cookies as a peace offering. Who really knows?

Meltman wrote:Also, how about adding Low Ki?

Looks like they heard you Meltman, cause he's on the page now.
ajday

Postby tmac9311 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:20 am

I get and realize everything you guys said, I'm not entirely sure what I meant by the NWA Hollywood either, its just kind of a new feeling to have so many young and local guys take up the PWG Roster (I'm only been in since 09), and with so many young guys coming in who I first saw in NWA Hollywood (I live in WA so I'm not familar with the locals unless they are on PWG), as well as having Excalibur commenting on NWA now just gets me. I have no problem with the booking or use of talent, as I was thrilled with the additions of Mack and Yuma, and am excited for every single card and practically every match since I became a fan. I guess the roster page changing and the top indy guys being replaced with "NWA Hollywood" guys was kind of a slap in the face from reality that hit me hard. Like I said I don't have any problem with anything PWG does, I just feel uncomfortable about the relationship for some dumb reason.
tmac9311

Postby Meltman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:40 am

tmac9311 wrote:I get and realize everything you guys said, I'm not entirely sure what I meant by the NWA Hollywood either, its just kind of a new feeling to have so many young and local guys take up the PWG Roster (I'm only been in since 09), and with so many young guys coming in who I first saw in NWA Hollywood (I live in WA so I'm not familar with the locals unless they are on PWG), as well as having Excalibur commenting on NWA now just gets me. I have no problem with the booking or use of talent, as I was thrilled with the additions of Mack and Yuma, and am excited for every single card and practically every match since I became a fan. I guess the roster page changing and the top indy guys being replaced with "NWA Hollywood" guys was kind of a slap in the face from reality that hit me hard. Like I said I don't have any problem with anything PWG does, I just feel uncomfortable about the relationship for some dumb reason.

Everything you just typed is absolutely stupid. PWG isn't becoming like NWA, NWA is becoming like PWG because Joey books NWA. It "gets" you that Excalibur has an extra paying job? Who gives a shit?
Meltman

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum