Joey Ryan taking over NWA Championship Wrestling

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Joey Ryan taking over NWA Championship Wrestling

Postby Lord Akiyama » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:33 pm

With Adam Pearce stepping down, PWInsider is reporting that Joey Ryan will be taking over booking for NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollywood. For the first taping of the changes on February 12, Excalibur will be doing commentary with Disco Machine, Ryan Taylor, and Candice LeRae being called in as well.
Lord Akiyama

Re: Joey Ryan taking over NWA Championship Wrestling

Postby CP Munk » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:26 pm

I just read about this on a different site.holy shit this is big news I'm stoked for the show in feb.
CP Munk

Postby TelkEvolon » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:58 pm

PWG is taking over.
TelkEvolon

Postby dirtydutch » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:42 am

can they just cut NWA out of it and have PWG run a weekly show
dirtydutch

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:24 am

dirtydutch wrote:can they just cut NWA out of it and have PWG run a weekly show

I like the way you think! lol :lol:
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Coach » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:34 pm

But you'll make Robert Trobich mad!
Coach

Postby El Asian » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:39 pm

although I understand your joking, I do want to note that I honestly feel PWG should never run a weekly show on TV, even on KDOC as its too much of a financial risk as you can't book other guys that wouldn't normally be available plus the fact PWG uses talent under contract from TNA and ROH and those guys won't even allow guys under their contracts to appear on any TV unless said contracts run out or something
El Asian

Postby El Asian » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:11 am

just to randomly update, Excalibur made his debut tonight on commentary for only a match between Rico Dynamite and Manimal
El Asian

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:44 pm

El Asian wrote:

although I understand your joking, I do want to note that I honestly feel PWG should never run a weekly show on TV, even on KDOC as its too much of a financial risk as you can't book other guys that wouldn't normally be available plus the fact PWG uses talent under contract from TNA and ROH and those guys won't even allow guys under their contracts to appear on any TV unless said contracts run out or something

Yep that's why Claudio can't wrestle for them anymore. He was there in the beginning and I was like WTF!! HOLY SHIT!! Then around the time he was about to be champ is when he stopped wrestling for them
Souf Centrol

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:45 pm

THen on that note...why can they still use Colt? He still signed to ROH right? Maybe they just don't want there champs on someone elses program
Souf Centrol

Postby El Asian » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:02 pm

you know, I have absolutely no clue with Colt Cabana

personally, I think ROH (and DGUSA as well) having contracts is stupid, considering that their indy companies, I mean I can understand that WWE and even TNA to some extent having a contract with their guys, its restrictive on their guys to take other bookings anyways and especially with ROH as at the time it was for their TV except ROH now doesn't have a TV deal currently, the only main positive about this contracts from indy feds is the fact none of this will ever effect PWG in a major way anyways
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:16 am

They wanna look legit and that's where all these clauses and shit come in. Unfortunately ROH is failing left and right at that. Nobody gives a fuck about "contracts" when Grizzly Redwood has one.
Meltman

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:02 pm

Major spoiler from the most recent tapings.

There's a new NWA World Hewavyweight Champion.

And his name...

is...

COLT CABANA!!!
Lord Akiyama

Postby El Asian » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:30 am

and now Colt apparently lost the NWA title to a guy named The Sheik except there's an even bigger issue that NWA Hollywood won't even acknowledge the title switch though I can't blame them really either
El Asian

Postby jdrouskirsh » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:22 am

El Asian wrote:you know, I have absolutely no clue with Colt Cabana

personally, I think ROH (and DGUSA as well) having contracts is stupid, considering that their indy companies, I mean I can understand that WWE and even TNA to some extent having a contract with their guys, its restrictive on their guys to take other bookings anyways and especially with ROH as at the time it was for their TV except ROH now doesn't have a TV deal currently, the only main positive about this contracts from indy feds is the fact none of this will ever effect PWG in a major way anyways

mainly ROH signs guys to contracts just to block them from working working DGUSA/ Evolve, or so they don't miss an ROH show to work a conflicting show....other than that they let their workers work wherever they want i believe
jdrouskirsh

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:19 pm

From Dave Meltzer

Joey Ryan has been released from his job as senior producer for NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollywood. Ryan wrote that this happened on Thursday and was due to conflicts between himself and the company. He was also told he would no longer be used as talent on the television show.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Gianto_Talbot » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:26 am

Hopefully that change will be an improvement. I'm nowhere near the wrestling fan I use to be, but the NWA Hollywood shows are unwatchable to me. And I'm talking about dvr recordings. I see guys that a PWG regulars. But when I see them In NWA it's like they are purposely trying to be shitty. NWA reminds me of cheesy wrestling you see in a cheesy movie when they're watching wresting. There's nothing wrong with old school style but I can easily throw on an old school video and see the legends preform when what they were doing was innovative and I can appreciate the nostalgia. Just show PWG clips from over the years and I would be happy.
Gianto_Talbot

Postby El Asian » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:13 am

Gianto_Talbot wrote:Hopefully that change will be an improvement. I'm nowhere near the wrestling fan I use to be, but the NWA Hollywood shows are unwatchable to me. And I'm talking about dvr recordings. I see guys that a PWG regulars. But when I see them In NWA it's like they are purposely trying to be shitty. NWA reminds me of cheesy wrestling you see in a cheesy movie when they're watching wresting. There's nothing wrong with old school style but I can easily throw on an old school video and see the legends preform when what they were doing was innovative and I can appreciate the nostalgia. Just show PWG clips from over the years and I would be happy.

the problem with NWA Hollywood is pretty much its been a booking mess before Joey took over as booker and still lots of politics had happened between other people that fucked things over and its clear, the NWA has no real direction for itself and especially considering what happened to the NWA title as well
El Asian

Return to General Discussion