DDT4 Takes Place Friday, March 4! Tournament Update!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

DDT4 Takes Place Friday, March 4! Tournament Update!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:49 pm

DDT4 Bracketing Update & Non-Tournament Participants!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

Quarantine Zone 7c, CA - When a business, large or small, operates during the winter months, there tends to be a high rate of employee personal days. Sometimes those days are used for vacation, but often times they are purely "sick days." In the case of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com), those "sick days" were actually "sick weeks," as the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla offices were rife with rhinovirus, streptococcus, rubella, typhoid, bubonic plague, the trots, and sinusitis. This lead to the Center for Disease Control declaring the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla offices a "hot zone," and forcing a mandatory 192-hour quarantine for every staff member, along with one very unlucky UPS driver. What does this have to do with anything, you might be asking? Nothing. Now shut up, here's your DDT4 update:

From their near-death beds, the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Board of Directors have announced that the DDT4 First Round matches, along with the tournament brackets, will remain secret. This means that the fans, as well as tournament competitors, will not know which teams will be squaring off until they are actually in the ring with each other. The Board of Directors feels this will allow for the best overall tag teams to advance in, and ultimately win, the DDT4 tournament. While this blind bracketing system may seem to put the "nerdlier" teams (teams that heavily favor research and preparation) at a disadvantage, those teams will just have to prepare seven distinct First Round game plans instead of just one. But really, nerds love planning, so it's a win-win.

Along with the blind bracketing, "Hollywood Submission Machine" Joey Ryan, The Fightin' Taylor Boys (Brian Cage-Taylor & Ryan Taylor), "Pretty" Peter Avalon, and Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre) will all be in non-tournament action at DDT4.

DDT4 takes place on Friday, March 4, 2011 at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, and will feature eight teams vying for a shot at El Generico and Paul London,
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: DDT4 Takes Place Friday, March 4! All 8 Teams Announced!

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:19 pm

Bought my tickets. I'm ready to rock.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:06 am

Damn all the way until March and on a Friday. Looks like I'm pulling another all nighter lol. This looks solid. Steen and Tozawa will be nuts. Especially after their battle at Cyanide! That shit was sick!

I think it's time to return to DDT4
DjEn3rgy21

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:16 am

I LOVE YOU PWG! (NO HOMO)
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby ajday » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:00 am

PWG_Silverback wrote:
8. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen & Akira Tozawa - "???!" said evident polyglot Kevin Steen, and that was all it took to convince Akira Tozawa to join forces at DDT4. Sure, at first Tozawa was more concerned with the safety of his friends and loved ones, but after giving it some thought, perhaps harnessing the destructive energies of Kevin Steen would allow Akira Tozawa to claim his first World Championship during this overseas excursion. Still, at the end of the day, the safest man in the building may be the one standing in Kevin Steen's corner.

??? is "Massacre" just for any one who doesn't understand fluent Japanese ... Or too lazy to use a translator online.

Shit, talk about a loaded tournament. Only a couple of teams stand out as early eliminations, but then again this is PWG and anything can happen... I'd love to see Steen and Tozawa go all the way and win just so he can claim that he "killed" every one, along with Steen and Tozawa yelling at/with one another would be comedic gold... Just as long as there is another Steenalizer in a corner I'd be happy.
ajday

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:52 am

YES! YES! THE AMERICAN WOLVES ARE IN PWG (about a year too late, but whatever, I'm glad we finally got them) YES!
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:02 am

Steen and Tozawa screaming all the way to glory will be awesome! 8)
Lord Akiyama

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:20 am

looks great, hopefully a non-tournament match between the semis and finals will be there, personally hoping it involves Ki as well at least
El Asian

Postby shettler » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:19 am

Looks like an AWESOME tournament!
shettler

Postby Dylema » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:09 am

How is this the Dynamite Duumvirate Tag Team Title Tournament when the titles aren't on the line? It's DDT3S: Dynamite Duumvirate Tag Team Title Shot Tournament.
Dylema

Postby PWG_Silverback » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:16 am

Dylema wrote:How is this the Dynamite Duumvirate Tag Team Title Tournament when the titles aren't on the line? It's DDT3S: Dynamite Duumvirate Tag Team Title Shot Tournament.

It's not the Dynamite Duumvirate Tag Team Title Tournament this year, just simply DDT4.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Meltman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:17 am

El Asian wrote:looks great, hopefully a non-tournament match between the semis and finals will be there, personally hoping it involves Ki as well at least

I'm hoping the same, but with Generico.

I'd book Joey vs. Candice between opening/semis and Generico vs. Ryan Taylor between semi/finals.

Half the tournament is locals so there should be a bit more.
Meltman

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:19 am

American Wolves?!?!?!... :shock:
F'kn Awesome!!!!!
I wont' be able to buy tix till nxt week, but looks imma be sitting front row for the 1st time :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Dylema » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:25 am

PWG_Silverback wrote:
Dylema wrote:How is this the Dynamite Duumvirate Tag Team Title Tournament when the titles aren't on the line? It's DDT3S: Dynamite Duumvirate Tag Team Title Shot Tournament.

It's not the Dynamite Duumvirate Tag Team Title Tournament this year, just simply DDT4.

Alright so just a name then, there goes my dream of a name change to ddt3s. Oh well the show's still going to be awesome. So many good match-ups and really didn't think the American Wolves would be in it.
Dylema

Postby Meltman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:48 am

Round 1 predictions:

- Cutler Brothers vs. Gatson & Mack
- American Wolves vs. Briscoe Brothers
- RockNES Monsters vs. Steen & Tozawa
- Kings of Wrestling vs. The Young Bucks

Round 2:

- American Wolves vs. Cutler Brothers
- Kings of Wrestling vs. Steen & Tozawa

Final:

- Cutler Brothers vs. Kings of Wrestling

Cutler Bros. win.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Meltman wrote:
El Asian wrote:looks great, hopefully a non-tournament match between the semis and finals will be there, personally hoping it involves Ki as well at least

I'm hoping the same, but with Generico.

I'd book Joey vs. Candice between opening/semis and Generico vs. Ryan Taylor between semi/finals.

Half the tournament is locals so there should be a bit more.

honestly I was more thinking having Ki take on Ryan Taylor, Chuck Taylor, Ricochet, Brian Cage, Roderick Strong, Joey Ryan or Paul London while Generico can take the night off seeing as London took a night off for Kurt Russreunion 2

though on CZWfans, somebody suggested London, Generico, and Ricochet vs, the Fightin' Taylor Boys, which I think can work as well
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Well, it's kinda obvious the champions aren't in it because of London. He's missed a ton of shows. I suggested Generico because of his regularity.

Joey vs. Generico would also work as a warm-up for Joey's title shot. Also make people forget about the Hurricane thing with a good workrate match.
Meltman

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:25 pm

Dr. Keith posted on his Twitter that he's requesting to the Board of Directors at PWG to name the Steen and Tozawa team to Team Dr. Keith International. :mrgreen:
Lord Akiyama

Postby Meltman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:32 pm

The team name is obviously "???!" ;-)
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:24 pm

I totally agree that Steen and Tozawa should be called ??? and yeah, Generico has been more regular than London but I feel it be fair to have one of other member of the PWG tag champs to take a night off while another gets a single match and the thought of London vs. Ki in 2011 amuses me

also, I know it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek but I actually would to see Rock Riddle being brought back as a manager honestly
El Asian

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum