where to eat

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

where to eat

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:20 am

near whatever venue PWG is running at?? this month reseda.
obviously i'm not a socal local, i figure if i'm in the area i'd rather eat somewhere i can't eat at home.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Re: where to eat

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:02 am

there was a greek place called "athens" something that delivered some lamb kebobs and a gyro to us at the howard johson in reseda. i though it was good but my girlfriend loved it.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:52 am

any suggestions for places near the LAX hilton??
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:06 pm

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:any suggestions for places near the LAX hilton??

There is a Carls Jr and a Denny's nearby. If you don't mind driving a short distance to El Segundo, there is some better eateries there.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:36 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:

There is a Carls Jr and a Denny's nearby. If you don't mind driving a short distance to El Segundo, there is some better eateries there.

I remember last year, I ate Carls ALL 3 days of the reunion.
Lunch & Dinner... It was awful. I didn't know the area very well, but that's the only place I heard peeps talking about.

My friends and I didnt realize there was a Denny's until we left Sunday afternoon. :cry:

Looks like imma be hitting up anything that's on El Segundo. Thanks for the tip :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:50 am

El Hijo del Generico wrote:

obviously i'm not a socal local, i figure if i'm in the area i'd rather eat somewhere i can't eat at home. where in el segundo??
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:26 pm

It's actually pretty funny if you eat at the Denny's during the convention because chances are some of the wrestlers will show up there. Last year, I found myself sitting right next to Larry Zbyszko and Ron Simmons sat at another table later. I didn't bother them because it was their free time away from the fan-fare, but it was fun listening to Larry joke about the match he had with Scotty 2 Hotty on the ROH show.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Coach » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:56 pm

There are a ton of places to eat within the lax area and areas around the Hilton. Depending on what you're in the mood for:

El Segundo/Manhattan Beach: islands, California pizza kitchen, chili's, macaroni grill, a Hawaiian restaurant called "back home in lahaina." These restaurants are south of the Hilton on sepulveda.

To the east: going into inglewood, there's a 24 hr mariscos/Hispanic restaurant on arbor vitae called El Puerto Escondido. I've been here many a time after drinking and its pretty bomb. If you're there in the day time, there's a shakeys. In the inglewood/westchester area, there's a wing stop, tgi Fridays, and chuck e cheese!

Fox hills/westchester: el terasco, in n out, ihop, togos, fox hills mall has a real good food court plus restaurants like bjs, manna BBQ (kbbq). At the bridge, you have another islands, a johnny rockets, marie calendars grill, and a couple other low key restaurants.

Most of these places are within a 5-10 minute drive in all directions. If you want any more suggestions, i will glady reply back
Coach

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Coach wrote:There are a ton of places to eat within the lax area and areas around the Hilton. Depending on what you're in the mood for:

El Segundo/Manhattan Beach: islands, California pizza kitchen, chili's, macaroni grill, a Hawaiian restaurant called "back home in lahaina." These restaurants are south of the Hilton on sepulveda.

To the east: going into inglewood, there's a 24 hr mariscos/Hispanic restaurant on arbor vitae called El Puerto Escondido. I've been here many a time after drinking and its pretty bomb. If you're there in the day time, there's a shakeys. In the inglewood/westchester area, there's a wing stop, tgi Fridays, and chuck e cheese!

Fox hills/westchester: el terasco, in n out, ihop, togos, fox hills mall has a real good food court plus restaurants like bjs, manna BBQ (kbbq). At the bridge, you have another islands, a johnny rockets, marie calendars grill, and a couple other low key restaurants.

Most of these places are within a 5-10 minute drive in all directions. If you want any more suggestions, i will glady reply back

cool. thanx for taking the time to write that out, i really appreciate it. if you got more suggestions fire away. i"m really big on seafood btw.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Coach » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:32 pm

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:
Coach wrote:There are a ton of places to eat within the lax area and areas around the Hilton. Depending on what you're in the mood for:

cool. thanx for taking the time to write that out, i really appreciate it. if you got more suggestions fire away. i"m really big on seafood btw.

Yeah man no problem. I figure I should help out the people that are coming in for the LAX show since I do live within the vicinity. If you're really into seafood, and want to get away from the area, head a little more south to Redondo Beach -which is south of LAX- for their seafood in the wharf. Google search that.. it's the business.. steamed crab/shrimp/mussels/fish/etc all there, plus a refundable hammer and 24oz or pitchers of beer.. You can walk the pier to avoid the food coma!

There's also another spot in Santa Monica called Enterprise Fish Co. I've never been but my friend really likes going there.
Coach

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Coach wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:

Yeah man no problem. I figure I should help out the people that are coming in for the LAX show since I do live within the vicinity. If you're really into seafood, and want to get away from the area, head a little more south to Redondo Beach -which is south of LAX- for their seafood in the wharf. Google search that.. it's the business.. steamed crab/shrimp/mussels/fish/etc all there, plus a refundable hammer and 24oz or pitchers of beer.. You can walk the pier to avoid the food coma!

There's also another spot in Santa Monica called Enterprise Fish Co. I've never been but my friend really likes going there.

sounds good, a little confused though. is there a particular restaurant or or you saying just go to the wharf in redondo beach??
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Coach » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:24 pm

No particular restaurant because there are a couple of those on wharf. There's also a joe's crab shack in that area; the closest in the area.

If you're in the mood for a bar, and not wanting to go the bar at the Hilton (which I'm sure will be packed), there's a bar across the street from the in-n-out called bar melody. They've renovated the interior and ditched the dive bar aspect and it looks very respectable.
Coach

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Forget the rest and go for the best. Philips, 1001 N Alameda ST. Los Angeles CA. They serve best french dip sandwiches on the planet. The place was on travel channel numerous times and it is considered a Los Angeles landmark. It is located in Chinatown near Union Station. I ate there many times, always great.
krayzie Bone

Postby Coach » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:29 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Forget the rest and go for the best. Philips, 1001 N Alameda ST. Los Angeles CA. They serve best french dip sandwiches on the planet. The place was on travel channel numerous times and it is considered a Los Angeles landmark. It is located in Chinatown near Union Station. I ate there many times, always great.

Co-Sign on this.. Phillipe's is pretty good french dip, and the hot mustard is a sinus cleanser!

We might as well turn this thread into a general food spot within the greater LA area so people can have different food places to go..

I got another one, in Tarzana, not too far away from Reseda. It's called Fab Hot Dogs. It was on Guy Fieri's "Diners, Dives, and Drives" show, and its real good. Different type of hot dogs according to region (Downtown LA dog, Memphis, Carolina, Chicago, New York) with distinct flavors and toppings. Plus, the Ripper!. They deep fry a hot dog to the point that the skin begins to rip apart, and they serve it with a special mustard that makes it delicious!

There is also a Cupid's hot dogs on Vanowen (not too sure). Very straight forward with either hot dogs or chili dogs, and they serve it with a bag of chips and can of soda
Coach

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:36 am

Coach wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:Forget the rest and go for the best. Philips, 1001 N Alameda ST. Los Angeles CA. They serve best french dip sandwiches on the planet. The place was on travel channel numerous times and it is considered a Los Angeles landmark. It is located in Chinatown near Union Station. I ate there many times, always great.

Co-Sign on this.. Phillipe's is pretty good french dip, and the hot mustard is a sinus cleanser!

We might as well turn this thread into a general food spot within the greater LA area so people can have different food places to go..

I got another one, in Tarzana, not too far away from Reseda. It's called Fab Hot Dogs. It was on Guy Fieri's "Diners, Dives, and Drives" show, and its real good. Different type of hot dogs according to region (Downtown LA dog, Memphis, Carolina, Chicago, New York) with distinct flavors and toppings. Plus, the Ripper!. They deep fry a hot dog to the point that the skin begins to rip apart, and they serve it with a special mustard that makes it delicious!

There is also a Cupid's hot dogs on Vanowen (not too sure). Very straight forward with either hot dogs or chili dogs, and they serve it with a bag of chips and can of soda

Phillipe's is f'kn Awesome!!
1 French Dip is never enough... I usually walk out eating up 3 or 4 of them :mrgreen:

A block up from Phillipe's is a great Bar-B-Q place called "Spring Street Bar-B-Q". They serve some great Ribs, Tri-Tip, Beef Brisket, Smoked Chicken, Hot Links and much more... They also have a great selection of domestic beers from local breweries. There fast, good and cheap. Believe me, you'll get your $$$ worth here.

I've heard of Fab Hot Dogs but have never had the chance to try it out.
Perhpahs, 2morrow will be a good day :mrgreen:
That "Ripper" sounds good!!!
The_Sharpshooter

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:07 am

well it only took a couple of years but i'm glad this thread took off a bit. thanx everybody for the info.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Coach » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:49 pm

Aside from the earlier post of Spring St. BBQ, what are some other good BBQ joints in the area?! I've been looking around and I can't find anything, aside from a couple food trucks. I got a craving for some finger lickin bbq!
Coach

Postby jonah » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 am

I had Fab's before ddt4 and it was awesome, looking forward to eating there again before the 8th anniversary show. The ripper is a must try.
jonah

Postby El Asian » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:36 pm

the best restaurant in the whole US according to Claudio Castagnoli and luckily, its in the LA area

http://www.chaletedelweiss.us/
El Asian

Postby So Cal Punk » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:45 am

i usually stop by philipy's french dip sandwich's in la on my way to pwg shows. but i come from orange county, so i don't know how far out of your way that woud be.

pwg also had like a grill thing going on at the last show.
So Cal Punk

Next

Return to General Discussion