Rise of the Tag Division

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Rise of the Tag Division

Postby b2u » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:57 am

In the last six months, the PWG tag division has risen from probably the third best tag division behind CHIKARA and ROH to in my personal opinion the best tag division. Since the debut Yuma and the formation of the Fightin' Taylor Boys, PWG has put together quite the tag division in such a short amount of time. At KRRII, 4 top teams that could potentially be PWG Tag champs, are facing off, and the match doesn't even include the Briscoes or the Kings of Wrestling. It's great to see four of the top teams in PWG are all home grown So-Cal talents. And it gave Cage and Taylor purpose. For the last few years, the Bucks and the Cutlers were pretty much the tag division with everyone else in make shift tag teams which is probably why the Bucks held them for so long. But now, every challenger for the belts has the potential to take it on any given night because in my eyes, any of these teams can go toe to toe with Abejas, Briscoes and Kings of Wrestling. I can only imagine what DDT4 will look this year. With so many regular tag teams now, I'm looking forward to a DDT4 without make shift tag teams like the original from 2007.
b2u

Re: Rise of the Tag Division

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:50 am

I think there is room for one more team in PWG. Incoherence for DDT this year!!!
eastbay510

Postby BadFurDay » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:44 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I think there is room for one more team in PWG. Incoherence for DDT this year!!!

I love Incoherence, but I'd rather see PWG use more local talent, or dig up some unknwon team and turn them into stars.
BadFurDay

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:52 pm

I would rather them bring in shaun ricker and let him tag with his natural selection partner brian cage. I know chuck doesn't be here often but he can tag with ryan taylor
Souf Centrol

Postby El Asian » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:16 pm

if PWG brings in a Chikara tag team, I think I rather see The Osirian Portal or The Throwbacks instead

anyways, I still want to see PWG bring back LTP and bring in Jason Watts and put them with Willie Mack

also random tag team I want PWG to make is bring in 2 Cold Scorpio and put him with Brandon Gatson
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:51 pm

b2u wrote:In the last six months, the PWG tag division has risen from probably the third best tag division behind CHIKARA and ROH to in my personal opinion the best tag division. Since the debut Yuma and the formation of the Fightin' Taylor Boys, PWG has put together quite the tag division in such a short amount of time. At KRRII, 4 top teams that could potentially be PWG Tag champs, are facing off, and the match doesn't even include the Briscoes or the Kings of Wrestling. It's great to see four of the top teams in PWG are all home grown So-Cal talents. And it gave Cage and Taylor purpose. For the last few years, the Bucks and the Cutlers were pretty much the tag division with everyone else in make shift tag teams which is probably why the Bucks held them for so long. But now, every challenger for the belts has the potential to take it on any given night because in my eyes, any of these teams can go toe to toe with Abejas, Briscoes and Kings of Wrestling. I can only imagine what DDT4 will look this year. With so many regular tag teams now, I'm looking forward to a DDT4 without make shift tag teams like the original from 2007.

ROH has two tag teams; The Briscoes and the Kings of Wrestling, all other teams there have rather poor tag team chemistry. Yes I know you gonna say, what about American Wolves? Face it, Eddie Edwards is not nearly as good as Davey, so I never liked that tag team.

As much as people praise Taylor Boys, let's face it, they are not a real tag team. It's a comedy gimmick put together to compensate for the lack of legit tag teams.
krayzie Bone

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum