January Show

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: January Show

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Like I said in another thread. I might not be going to the january show. If big names are announced(Low Ki) then I'll be there. Also if Willie Mack is on the card. Gotta support my boy
Souf Centrol

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Why would PWG book Vampiro if all of us hate him? That will be the ultimate disregard for the regular fans.
krayzie Bone

Postby Madvillian » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:42 pm

people need to stop underestimating the skills of putting together epic matches by PWG. Whatever they decide to do with Vampiro, Jake Roberts & The Hurricane, I know how much people hate these guys, PWG will make something brilliant and enjoyable out of it , I don't doubt it for a second. Vampiro & Essa Rios vs The RockNES Monsters, The Hurricane vs Austin Ares, Jake Roberts doesn't really belong anywhere outside of the Legends Rumble, I'll admit that, but who knows....
Madvillian

Postby El Asian » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:06 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Why would PWG book Vampiro if all of us hate him? That will be the ultimate disregard for the regular fans.

good point, not only I'd rather see a drugged up Jake Roberts than Vampiro, I rather see PWG book a crippled Mr. Fuji over Vampiro
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:47 am

Id rather see Virgil then Vampiro
eastbay510

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:05 am

Souf Centrol wrote:Like I said in another thread. I might not be going to the january show. If big names are announced(Low Ki) then I'll be there. Also if Willie Mack is on the card. Gotta support my boy

"boy"......racist.

fuck this shit, i been a fan of vampiro & shane helms since WCW days. vampiro is 1 of those guys i'll just be happy to be able to say i got to see live, doesn't need to be in his prime(i just hope he's into the gimmick & helms isn't into the hurricane one). same with augila. if people don't like it there's the whole rest of the year of vampiro/helms-free PWG shows ahead.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby eldink » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

that's fair......wrong.....but fair
eldink

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:33 am

From the WrestleReunion website:
"PWG is planning to announce the full lineup this weekend, the only hold up has been one international vendor guest (not yet announced) that has not signed his appearance agreement. Its an absolutely killer line up and there will be a few names on the show that will turn it into a
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby Johnny Mac » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:45 am

Regarding Hurricane, I wouldn't be surprised if he's in full gimmick. I'm not sure how it's legal, but I photographed a show that he main vented in Elizabeth City, NC back in October and he was "Hurricane" Shane Helms, complete with attire and music. The link to my album is below (Posted from my phone, pardon the weird URL):

[url]
Johnny Mac

Postby Meltman » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:34 am

The WR announcement even hinted he might wrestle as Hurricane.
Meltman

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:09 pm

Whats gonna happen is; PWG will bring big names like Jake the Snake, it will be a sell out crowd, some of these new fans will get an idea that PWG always books legends and big matches, they will come to Reseda and find out that PWG is really not about that, they will think Chris Hero sucks (because they don't understand wrestling), they will not come back to PWG and continue to watch TNA and WWE. Oh wait this already happened in 2010 after the first Wrestle Reunion :lol:

I'm bitching again I guess.
krayzie Bone

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:35 pm

This sentence caught my eye: "Its an absolutely killer line up and there will be a few names on the show that will turn it into a
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby Meltman » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:47 pm

CrOwNMeKiNG23 wrote:Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? "mega" card? maybe Kenny Omega? hmmmmm :wink:

Save your wink. If Omega is booked it won't be a major announcement. If he's booked in ROH the night before most likely PWG will have him.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Eh, you know what? It might be, you never know.

Did they fail at getting both Tajiri and Marufuji? Omega is international enough.
Meltman

Postby kikrusher99 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:16 pm

I wanna see Joey Ryan retire Jake Roberts. I wanna see Low Ki. I wanna see Claudio do a spinaroonie.

PWG will deliver, no doubt. Can't wait for the weekend.
kikrusher99

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Ebessan wrote:Eh, you know what? It might be, you never know.

Did they fail at getting both Tajiri and Marufuji? Omega is international enough.

If I remember correctly someone asked about Tajiri and the administrator at WrestleReunion.com told him that they tried to get Tajiri but it didn't work out. As for Marufiji, I don't know.
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby jdw » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:06 pm

ozmania wrote:
jdw wrote:Even in front of his "home" fans on the last card having gotten more of them on his side than the show before, his match with Gaston got the worst heat of the night.

I wouldn't blame Joey for this. Gatson was a sack of shit that night and has been for the past 3 or 4 shows.

I'd share the blame.

Gaston: While what he did was generally solid, he didn't have much fire. He's not the most firey guy, which actually is a decent contrast to other folks. But in this one he just had little fire and did little to engage those fans in the building who wanted to see him take it to Joey.

Joey: going with the submissions gimmick would be a nice contrast to the stuff that fills up the rest of the card, but he needs to work it more to get the crowd to give a shit. He was a bit Takerific in there:

"I'll weakly work over a body part or two, lose focus on it, then slap on a submission or two late, winning with one of them, to get across my new style... Yippy~!"

The was the opportunity to work over the body part, and do it in an interesting way that engages the crowd and gives the face ways to work with it. There are lots of ways to work over, damage and focus on the body part, and lots of subs to use. I'm not saying he needs to turn into Fujiwara or Volk Han with the subs in there, or be an Anderson Brother working over the arm. But moe focus, and more build, and more enthusiam tossed into it would have drawn the fans in. And in turn fueled Brandon's comeback, which if smart they would have looked to lay out in a way that didn't blow off the damage but instead play into it.

Instead... it was flat, from both. Some solid stuff, but neither really engaged the crowd into the match in any sustained way.

John
jdw

Postby jdw » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:20 pm

The Franchise13 wrote:Odd... a post was deleted earlier on. It was from Highspots and all he put was that he heard a rumor about Claudio vs Vampiro. Was it deleted because he let the cat out of the bag?

If that's the main, I'll skip the card and go to just ROH. It would have to be a completely loaded undercard of stuff I'd want to see to make me want to come, and even then I might bail before that comes on. Just insanity if PWG goes in that direction.

I would be interested if we'll even find out if PWG planned on Claudio-Generico and ROH bigfooted it, even if accidentally.

I don't know about Claudio-Shelton makes sense. WGTT over KOW on night one, Shelton beating Claudio. Claudio over Shelton the second night. A bit too contrived. PWG fans in the sense just saw that being built to: Generico over Claudio, with Generico (one assumed) to pay it back at WR. Repeating it only makes PWG's booking look that much more bigfooted by ROH: lift your title challenger, then force you to replay an aspect of your last main event to put over a non-PWG wrestler.

The sad thing is that PWG's current booking only sets up two regulars for the match: Generico or Joey's money in the bank. The first is a problem if Generico were to lose the first night. The second, it seems we all agree, risks a horrible death in front of the WR crowd... even PWG's fans hated the last meeting between the two. :)

I'd like to see Claudio-Hero for the belt, but it's not fully developed yet... it's one that would really be nice to see them ripen it up a bit more, and if Claudio has a longish reign, perhaps save for the crack (rather than split) between the two in PWG to happen after the drop the ROH titles. Running it at WR is too soon, and I'd really rather see some more breadcrumbs of it spread in Reseda before pulling the trigger. That is... if Claudio is in for a longish reign.

John
jdw

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:33 pm

The moral of this thread; We all hate Vampiro except for Souf Centrol :lol:
krayzie Bone

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Update: I just checked the site and didn't know they had different prices for each row. So I'm definately going to wrestleunion. I won't be near the front row but I'll be there. I'll be by the fence again for roh....if I don't get told to sit down. Made 2 good friends last year at that spot

krayzie Bone wrote:The moral of this thread; We all hate Vampiro except for Souf Centrol :lol:

Lmao I honestly never liked him but I don't have control over who gets booked so I try not to get caught up in it. But I do vote with y'all....vampiro sucks. Would be nice to see him get his ass whooped though lol
Souf Centrol

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum