Davey Richards Injured

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Davey Richards Injured

Postby jetsrock2k5 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:43 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to the board but I've been lurking for a while. On the ROH boards, Gabe posted that Richards injured his leg and needs surgery. He will be out for a month. Hopefully he heals up without complications.
jetsrock2k5

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:07 pm

Oh wow... that's freaking TERRIBLE news. What a time for it to happen too! Get well soon Davey...

So what happens to the next PWG show now? I'm guessing the 8-man tag gets broken up for sure. Maybe we'll get SD Vs. Bosh? Briscoes Vs. Hero/Claudio? Briscoes Vs. Arrogance? SD/New Partner Vs. Briscoes?
TigerDriver98

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:33 pm

DAMNIT this is just terrible news! Just when Davey was finally getting a break this happens. I hope he gets well soon and can show ROH what he can do
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby El Asian » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:34 pm

he's gone for 6 weeks, he will make his ROH debut on the 3rd next month and PWG's next show is on the 6th, so the tag match is still on, unless the injury gets worse but I doubt it
El Asian

Postby SoCalAndy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:40 pm

he's gone for 6 weeks, he will make his ROH debut on the 3rd next month and PWG's next show is on the 6th, so the tag match is still on, unless the injury gets worse but I doubt it

How is the tag match still on if Davey is out for an entire month while the tag match is in two weeks?
SoCalAndy

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:56 pm

From what I heard he did it in a match tonight in North Carolina and will be out for a month or so. They'll probably change the tag title match but I hope this doesn't end the reign of Dragon/Davey. Plus, Davey is booked in ROH on June 3rd which is the same night as PWG :cry:
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:56 pm

El Asian wrote:he's gone for 6 weeks, he will make his ROH debut on the 3rd next month and PWG's next show is on the 6th, so the tag match is still on, unless the injury gets worse but I doubt it

You read that wrong. PWG's next show is on May 6th, his ROH debut is on June 3rd (also the date of a PWG show)

Say, if Davey somehow can't make the May 20th PWG show either... that would mean he'd miss 3 straight PWG shows. Does anyone think they could possibly strip Dragon and Davey of the tag titles if that happens? If so... that'd be a bummer to see them lose the titles like that.
TigerDriver98

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:11 pm

I really hope he can go by the 20th but health is always first especially in wrestling. It just sucks that this happened at a fluke moment for Davey especially with his ROH debut. But it was only a matter of time before he started working back East and not as many dates on the West Coast
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby CheMateo » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:31 am

Damn, I hate to hear that this happened to Davey. I was disappointed when I saw the headline to this thread. Well get well soon Davey. Regarding his schedule according to his site,

APRIL
21st- AWA: CWF Mid-Atlantic in Burlington, NC
22nd- Ring of Honor in Philadelphia, PA vs TBD
28th- Ring of Honor in Dayton, OH vs Delirious
29th- Ring of Honor in Cleveland, OH vs Canadian Cooger

MAY
6th- PWG in Los Angeles w/ Super Dragon vs Briscoes
8th & 9th- WWE in Anaheim, CA
12th- ROH in NYC vs TBD
13th- ROH in New Jersey vs TBD
20th- PWG in Los Angeles, CA vs TBD
26th- FIP in Tampa, FL vs TBD
27th- FIP in Tampa, FL vs TBD

There is no conflicting ROH show on the 20th of June.
CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:39 am

Sorry disregard my last post I got my dates confused and everything.
CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:08 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:
El Asian wrote:he's gone for 6 weeks, he will make his ROH debut on the 3rd next month and PWG's next show is on the 6th, so the tag match is still on, unless the injury gets worse but I doubt it

You read that wrong. PWG's next show is on May 6th, his ROH debut is on June 3rd (also the date of a PWG show)

Say, if Davey somehow can't make the May 20th PWG show either... that would mean he'd miss 3 straight PWG shows. Does anyone think they could possibly strip Dragon and Davey of the tag titles if that happens? If so... that'd be a bummer to see them lose the titles like that.

oh, didn't pay attention to that, well hope Davey has a nice recovery
El Asian

Postby bill1985 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:43 pm

I like Davey Richards but this hurts PWG more then ROH because he is one half of the tag team champions and who knows what could happen to him and Super Dragon now.
bill1985

Postby Evilguest » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:53 am

Is there a place to post get well wishes or are we just using this thread?
Evilguest

Postby Hulkushi » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:35 am

anybody think Davey would pull a booker t and have another guy defend his title for him?
Hulkushi

Postby TheWholeDamShow » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:52 am

Hulkushi wrote:anybody think Davey would pull a booker t and have another guy defend his title for him?

If he did, who should it be?
TheWholeDamShow

Postby WannaB » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:32 am

I don't think they'd have someone else defend it for him. Personally I think they'll either strips the belts, or maybe have Dragon defend the belts against the Briscoe bros solo.

If they did have someone else come in and help Dragon, it better be someone who can add some extra flavor to the match.
WannaB

Postby los_reyes65 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:28 pm

WannaB wrote:I don't think they'd have someone else defend it for him. Personally I think they'll either strips the belts, or maybe have Dragon defend the belts against the Briscoe bros solo.

If they did have someone else come in and help Dragon, it better be someone who can add some extra flavor to the match.

I think it would be interesting for somebody like El Generico to maybe run out and team with Super Dragon. Generico deserves it, he's been on the best match of the card for almost every show. Plus it would be interesting the interaction between Dragon and El Generico.
los_reyes65

Postby los_reyes65 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:33 pm

los_reyes65 wrote:I think it would be interesting for somebody like El Generico to maybe run out and team with Super Dragon. Generico deserves it, he's been on the best match of the card for almost every show. Plus it would be interesting the interaction between Dragon and El Generico.

Every show for the past few months I mean.
los_reyes65

Postby WannaB » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:11 pm

That doesn't make much sense though. Generico has a tag team partner; Quick. Why choose a guy who's already in a tag team? Why go so far as to split up a great tag team for that show when a Generico/Quick tag match would defenitely be a hit? Generico belongs in that 8 man match. Besides, that will probably be the best match of the show anyway.

How exactly does he deserve it though? A lot of guys on the roster are deserving of something, but what exactly are we saying that he's deserving of? To be in a tag title match? What would be the point of that unless the tag title was officially transferred over to Generico? He's in essence being used in that situation, so how is he deserving of that?

You could pick a lot of people to replace Davey, but why split up a great tag team for just that show? There are a lot of people that aren't booked in an announced match thus far, but Kazarian & Sky are the only ones who stands out in my mind. However, I don't see either of them doing it as they just don't fit well into the situation. No one really seems to fit. The match will either be rebooked, or Dragon will defend alone which I honestly think would be a hell of a lot more entertaining. Those honestly seem to be the most likely outcomes.
WannaB

Postby evilpaz » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:13 pm

Simple solution... Super Dragon brings in his clones:

evilpaz

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum