For the November show

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

For the November show

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:21 pm

A fun suggestion that I stumbled upon.

It's no secret about the great love PWG has for the film Back to the Future. The titles for three shows were inspired by the film (88 Miles Per Hour, Enchantment Under the Sea, and 1.21 Gigawatts) and Kazarian's finishers are the Flux Capacitor and Back to the Future.

Depending upon when the show takes place, I feel as though the November show should have a Back to the Future theme. Why?

Because from November 5 thru November 12, there will be a Back to the Future 25th Anniversary Reunion festival in Burbank. The organizers are putting together the ultimate Back to the Future experience with re-creations of the situations Marty McFly encounters when he travels back to 1955 as well as other activities related to the trilogy. Members of the cast and crew (confirmed so far include co-creator Bob Gale, director of photography Dean Cundey, the original Jennifer - Claudia Wells, Principal Strickland - James Tolkan, and others).

So if the November show falls within that week, it would be awesome for PWG to name the show with another Back to the Future theme in tribute.
Lord Akiyama

Re: For the November show

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:08 am

Marty McFly does Reseda. First thing I thought of oddly enough.
Garden State Saint

Postby MrPWG » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:29 am

Call it "Back in Time" like the Huey Lewis song from the movie and have as many PWG Talents from the 1st year (The Debut Show-The Reason for the Season) of existance as you can book...
MrPWG

Postby npdavis » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 am

Marvin Berry and the Starlighters
npdavis

Postby DuelingDragons » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:52 am

MrPWG wrote:Call it "Back in Time" like the Huey Lewis song from the movie and have as many PWG Talents from the 1st year (The Debut Show-The Reason for the Season) of existance as you can book...

This one is an amazing idea and deserves more attention.

So, what could be put together for a PWG "reunion" show?

Taking out any WWE guys, how about something like this...?

MAIN EVENT
PWG Championship Match - Davey Richards vs Joey Ryan
How fitting? Davey defends the gold against a man who was on the first PWG show and was in the finals of the match to crown the first PWG champ. If you're going for a "reunion" theme, there's no one better to headline that than Joey Ryan.

PWG Tag Team Championship Match - Paul London & El Generico vs B-Boy & Homicide
The first PWG Tag Team Champions return to the challenge the current tag champs.

Excalibur inducts Quicksilver, Super Dragon, and Chris Bosh as the first members of the PWG "Hall of Heroes" (or some such HOFish thing)

Chris Hero vs Adam Pearce
Candice LeRae vs Sara Del Rey
Scorpio Sky vs Samoa Joe
Frankie Kazarian vs Christopher Daniels
The Young Bucks vs The Havana Pitbulls

COMEDY BATTLE ROYAL
Supa Badd, Top Gun Talwar, TARO, Human Tornado, Ebessan, Chuck Taylor

Rising Son, TJ Perkins, Charles Mercury, Disco Machine, Johnny Goodtime vs Los Luchas, Lil Cholo, the Brandons

A lot of good talent not being used but... not bad, IMO. Probably a little too expensive (or a lot) though.
DuelingDragons

Postby El Asian » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:40 pm

awesome idea to name the show after Back to the Future to keep up with the tradition, personally, I would go with the show being called Make Like a Tree and Get Out of Here
El Asian

Postby jacob_burman » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:28 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:A fun suggestion that I stumbled upon.

It's no secret about the great love PWG has for the film Back to the Future. The titles for three shows were inspired by the film (88 Miles Per Hour, Enchantment Under the Sea, and 1.21 Gigawatts) and Kazarian's finishers are the Flux Capacitor and Back to the Future.

Depending upon when the show takes place, I feel as though the November show should have a Back to the Future theme. Why?

Because from November 5 thru November 12, there will be a Back to the Future 25th Anniversary Reunion festival in Burbank. The organizers are putting together the ultimate Back to the Future experience with re-creations of the situations Marty McFly encounters when he travels back to 1955 as well as other activities related to the trilogy. Members of the cast and crew (confirmed so far include co-creator Bob Gale, director of photography Dean Cundey, the original Jennifer - Claudia Wells, Principal Strickland - James Tolkan, and others).

So if the November show falls within that week, it would be awesome for PWG to name the show with another Back to the Future theme in tribute.

As a HUGE fan of the movie, I checked out the prices for that reunion....DAMN!!! That much money and the girl who played the young future McFly and Michael J Fox will not be there, no way people would pay THAT much, will they?
jacob_burman

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:58 pm

At the very least, I think the price for the Enchantment Under the Sea gala is fair. You're virtually mingling with all the scheduled guests there, so it would be worth $200. The whole experience, yeah it's pretty high. Especially if you don't plan on doing everything. Still, a couple events sound fun (particularly Hoverboard 101).
Lord Akiyama

Postby jacob_burman » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:At the very least, I think the price for the Enchantment Under the Sea gala is fair. You're virtually mingling with all the scheduled guests there, so it would be worth $200. The whole experience, yeah it's pretty high. Especially if you don't plan on doing everything. Still, a couple events sound fun (particularly Hoverboard 101).

It'll be 250.00 and there are hardly any of the bigger stars in that movie. No Doc, Marty, Biff, the mom, etc. It's really disappointing. I love the idea of the dance, but for 250.00, I want a couple of big names.
jacob_burman

Postby The Six » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:56 pm

The festival's in Burbank. You know what that means.

A return to the armory!
The Six

Postby b2u » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:36 pm

The Six wrote:The festival's in Burbank. You know what that means.

A return to the armory!

Burbank to the Future...

...but seriously PWG is going to run in Reseda until the place burns down. The financial positives outweigh the negatives. But man if they did do a full Back to the Future tribute show, they'd be awesome. Like Kurt RussellmaniaReunion, give the matches names, such as:

Hoverboard Singles Match
Grey's Sports Almanac Six Man Tag
OooLaLa Women's Match
I Hate Manuer Singles Match
Wake Up Juice Title Match
Power of Love Tag Match

You know, retarded geek shit like that. But yeah, I'm down for a tribute show.
b2u

Postby npdavis » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:22 pm

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla and the Hill Valley Preservation Society presents "Save the Clock Tower"
npdavis

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:10 pm

npdavis wrote:Pro Wrestling Guerrilla and the Hill Valley Preservation Society presents "Save the Clock Tower"

That's a good one. :mrgreen:
Lord Akiyama

Postby MrPWG » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:09 am

MrPWG wrote:Call it "Back in Time" like the Huey Lewis song from the movie and have as many PWG Talents from the 1st year (The Debut Show-The Reason for the Season) of existance as you can book...

I took a couple of ideas from some other people and did some research of my own...These are all pretty much Old vs. New match ups...Let me know what you guys think...

PWG Championship Match:
Frankie "The Future" Kazarian vs. The Curse of Guerrilla Island Winner (c)

PWG Tag-Team Championship Match:
B-Boy & Homicide vs.
MrPWG

Postby camstun187 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:57 am

Christopher Daniels can gladly stay the fuck out of PWG.
camstun187

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:36 am

camstun187 wrote:Christopher Daniels can gladly stay the fuck out of PWG.

I disagree.
El Hijo del Generico

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum