Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's SEVEN on Friday, July 30, 2010!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's SEVEN on Friday, July 30, 2010!

Postby MegaKnux » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:27 pm

fatallylost wrote:
Whoblehwah wrote:Can't wait to see this on DVD. Lol.

Does anyone know what Lost had to say on twitter?

Nothing yet. Last thing he said was "So Twitter Wrestling Announcement in 15 minutes!!!!! Are You Ready?!?!?" 20 minutes ago via Echofon

He basically said he's giving away moves from his repertoire to certain wrestlers.
MegaKnux

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:02 pm

Wow. Lol.
Whoblehwah

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:05 pm

I had a ball last night even though I wasn't front row. Kinda upset malachi and taylor didn't get that much offense in.

I heard the malachi's gonna kill you chantbut he wasn't even tagged in so I didn't join in

They ran out of pitchers after a while, it wad crazy packed. I had to jump over peoples chairs just to use the bathroom
Souf Centrol

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:08 pm

Man I was so bummed I missed it but I'm glad it was a stellar show. Hopefully by then things will be better for me to attend. I'm a bit sad I didn't get to see Lost's final match but I'm happy I got to see him while he was still kicking ass.

And the 3 way warfare match must have been insane. I want this DVD.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Matt Flash » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:25 pm

6-man tag opener: **1/2 Avalon was hilarious, and Candace going for the Ball Plex on him and finding nothing there was amazing. It was very, very disjointed in parts though, namely the beginning, and there was plenty of awkward moments. Certainly not a bad match, but below standard of PWG openers the past year or so.

Brandon Bonham vs. Brian Cage: ***1/2 Crowd shit on Cage to start (He really looked like a conbo of Austin Aries and Charlie Haas. Austin Haas?) but they warmed up to him pretty quick after powerbombing Bonham INTO THE RING POST, and hitting a pretty slick Gory Special into a Downward Spiral. Bonham murdered him later on with the Uh Oh dropkick in the corner... twice. Ooph. This was a really good match, and a great debut for Cage. Dude is huge and ripped, too. He should be a fine edition if he keeps making appearances.

Chris Sabin vs. TOZAWA: **3/4 I wanted to like this match and just didn't as much as everyone else seems to.

Scorpio Sky vs. Scott Lost: ***3/4 This was a fantastic match, and it was a good touch to have Lost get retired by his own devestating move. But Sky was very awkward with it, and it didn't look or sound that devestating. Still, I loved this match, just sad we won't be having anymore Scott Lost matches. He's been such a constant of quality, I think it'll be a few shows before we realize what we're losing.

Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong: ***3/4 Like a greatest hits version of their matches. Not bad at all, just unexpected. The antics with the tie were awesome, and the pops it got were great. Finish was great, too. Strong went for the Tiger Driver, and Danielson countered in MID AIR into a Triangle Choke, into the Crossface variation. It was impressive, and again got a great pop.

Davey Richards vs. Chris Hero: ****1/4 Everything I thought it would and could be. These false finishes were fantastic, and the intensity definitely put it over the top.

Guerrilla Warfare Match: ****1/2 Too insane for words. I was hoping the Cutlers would win, and it was a little deflating that niether of the originally announced teams won the match, but that's more a personal beef than anything with the match itself. This will be a blast to watch on DVD with all of the spots caught on camera.

Another great show from PWG. What's new?
Matt Flash

Postby fatallylost » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:00 pm

MegaKnux wrote:
fatallylost wrote:
Whoblehwah wrote:Can't wait to see this on DVD. Lol.

Does anyone know what Lost had to say on twitter?

Nothing yet. Last thing he said was "So Twitter Wrestling Announcement in 15 minutes!!!!! Are You Ready?!?!?" 20 minutes ago via Echofon

He basically said he's giving away moves from his repertoire to certain wrestlers.

Yeah, he started posting as I was getting ready to leave for work. I got the first three tweets.
fatallylost

Postby IndyMadman » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:35 pm

The show was awesome last night! I'm glad I bought presale tickets and got there a bit early.

Here are some thoughts:

Opening match was paced well and went not to short and not to long... just right. It wasn't the best match, but the story with Candace was good and entertaining. That's all I ask from an opener...

I was and am surprised at the love the second match between Cage and Brandon. I couldn't wait for it to end. It was full of botches and high spots. It most certainly didn't deserve "this is awesome" chants. Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect much from the match... but didn't get much either. Way too long as well. I'd have loved to see 5 minutes of this match given to Dragon/Strong. Also, Cage was decent, but really, really needs to learn how to sell. This match had so much no selling that it was ANNOYING.

*** My complaint is also that BOTH opening matches were full of high spots and dives.... I know I know, this isn't the WWE... but you can't have EVERY match have blood... you can't have EVERY match end the same... and you can't have EVERY match have crazy high spot dives. ***

I liked the Sabin match. Entertaining enough. I loved seeing that fan get punked out by the crowd and Sabin (the idiot who thought "F*&k Detriot" was an original and thoughtful chant). If Sabin were 50 lbs more he'd be a megastar.

Lost vs. Sky was AWESOME. The fans were "batshit insane" to steal a quote. It may have not be the most scientific match... but who cares. It was GREAT! I heard people were upset that Lost... uh... lost... but you are supposed to go out looking at the lights... and to his own move, which was awesome. I reallly enjoyed this match and hope it translates to dvd. Crowd was amazing. I LOVED the Scott Lost dropkick-then throws streamers spot. I've never seen that before and it looked great. Lost's speech at the end was good too. You can tell he really didn't think about it. I loved when one guy yelled at Cage to get on one f'n knee when Lost was speaking... as he was the only douche standing...

Dragon vs. Strong was short but AWESOME. I know Dragon will and has to expect ties to be thrown in the ring... but it still is funny and entertaining to me. I loved it. When Strong used the tie to choke Dragon... man, I thought the crowd was going to blow the roof off the place. That is the loudest I've ever heard a PWG crowd... UNTIL Dragon turned it on Stong... holy s%$t... it was defening and I'm not exagerating. Funny "you are fired" chant to Strong and "you are hired" chant to Dragon. I loved Dragon's comments after too... like I said, I know he will do it in every venue... but it's still great to hear him. My only complaint was the speakers weren't working and we didn't get to sing the Final Countdown.

Hero vs. Richards was a CLINIC in storytelling and selling. Hero is ready for the big time. He is a pro. His selling of the leg is SO BASIC but so awesome... guys who don't get it just don't do it.... that point alone makes the match better and believable. Crowd was HOT for this match. There weren't more than a few seconds when it wasn't loud and crazy. Both guys went all out. Ending was great and had most on their feet. I really believe most didn't know who would win. Unique false finishes made it better. Great mix of strong style, mat work, and high spots. I loved this match.

Guerrilla Warfare match was BATSHIT INSANE! Non-stop action. If you would have told me 3 years ago that the Young Bucks would not only be still wrestling (let alone on tv and in TNA) I would have thought you were crazy. Man how far these guys have gone. This is why the Indies are awesome. They would never see the light in the WWE yet they are better than any team in WWE. I love them as heels too. I'll have to see this on dvd to see what I missed... but man, these guys took chair shots like no bodies business. Crowd was more than into this match. Reminded me of the craziness of the Dragon vs. Butcher match from BOLA 06. This match alone is worth your $15.

General Observations/Comments

* guy breaking his chair and following chant was funny
* Souf Central and his girl were high as hell :)
* I laughed my ass off when that dude with glasses and white shirt got taken out by one of the wrestlers BUT DIDN'T LET GO OF HIS BEER. That made me laugh. Ref rubbed his head too as to ask if he was ok.. lol
* I love Excaliber.
* Was it me or was Legion Larry actually.... gasp... in a good mood?
IndyMadman

Postby Htornado » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:05 am

Quick thoughts...

Fun show. Best match by far was Hero v. Davey, followed by Sky v. Lost. The Guerrilla Warfare match had some cool spots but I couldn't see half the match so it didn't do a lot for me.

Also and most importantly, PWG really needs to find a new venue. Please do it for the fans PWG. It was way too crowded for the that size of a venue. Hate to complain, but it's getting pretty ridiculous. The Burbank Armory and Van Nuys Armory were so much better. Please move into a bigger space. Having that many people in such a small space is a huge fire hazard. Not only is it uncomfortable but it is unsafe, and as an added bonus the speakers there don't even work. So please PWG move into a larger location for the sake of us fans. Thanks.
Htornado

Postby IndyMadman » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:54 am

LOL... not to mention the reused beer pitchers that MAYBE got a once-over with water before being refilled...
IndyMadman

Postby fatallylost » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:11 pm

IndyMadman wrote:General Observations/Comments

* guy breaking his chair and following chant was funny
* Souf Central and his girl were high as hell :)
* I laughed my ass off when that dude with glasses and white shirt got taken out by one of the wrestlers BUT DIDN'T LET GO OF HIS BEER. That made me laugh. Ref rubbed his head too as to ask if he was ok.. lol
* I love Excaliber.
* Was it me or was Legion Larry actually.... gasp... in a good mood?

That poor guy and his chair. I do hope he took it all in good spirit though, cause, those could have been kinda harsh words.

I was in the right spot to have London sit up against me, Sky lay on my foot, plus Hero took out the dude sitting next to me. When you see the DVD, I think Davey did a baseball slide.. I was keeping my eyes out, just in case so I missed him. Hero flew back, and sent the guy next to me back a couple rows. It was pretty sweet.
fatallylost

Postby jdrouskirsh » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:41 pm

Matt Flash wrote:Brandon Bonham vs. Brian Cage: ***1/2 Crowd shit on Cage to start (He really looked like a conbo of Austin Aries and Charlie Haas. Austin Haas?) but they warmed up to him pretty quick after powerbombing Bonham INTO THE RING POST, and hitting a pretty slick Gory Special into a Downward Spiral. Bonham murdered him later on with the Uh Oh dropkick in the corner... twice. Ooph. This was a really good match, and a great debut for Cage. Dude is huge and ripped, too. He should be a fine edition if he keeps making appearances.

Cage is already signed back to WWE so unfortunately that means no more appearances for him in PWG
jdrouskirsh

Postby El Asian » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:39 pm

IndyMadman wrote:* Was it me or was Legion Larry actually.... gasp... in a good mood?

yeah, I have been noticing that as of late
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:24 pm

The show was awesome Davey vs Hero and the Guerilla Warfare match was just amazing. But yes I believe PWG needs a bigger venue. Let me put it to you this way; BOLA is even more of a popular show then Anniversary, imagine how many will try to get in for BOLA, PWG will have to literally turn away hundreds of fans at BOLA and thats just not good for business.

Let's face it, the Wrestle Reunion in January exposed PWG to hundreds of new fans and Reseda is just too small at this point. I think the overcrowded Reseda venue is becoming a hazard not only for the workers but also for the fans, I sat on the second row and fans literally tried to walk all over my shoes just trying to get somewhere. The Bar was too crowded for me to even walk over there and there was absolutely no room to even move a muscle. Yes Reseda is cheap and Larry may not charge that much, but for the sake of fans and wrestler's safety I think a larger venue is a must at this point.
krayzie Bone

Postby BurningHammerMark » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:45 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:The show was awesome Davey vs Hero and the Guerilla Warfare match was just amazing. But yes I believe PWG needs a bigger venue. Let me put it to you this way; BOLA is even more of a popular show then Anniversary, imagine how many will try to get in for BOLA, PWG will have to literally turn away hundreds of fans at BOLA and thats just not good for business.

Let's face it, the Wrestle Reunion in January exposed PWG to hundreds of new fans and Reseda is just too small at this point. I think the overcrowded Reseda venue is becoming a hazard not only for the workers but also for the fans, I sat on the second row and fans literally tried to walk all over my shoes just trying to get somewhere. The Bar was too crowded for me to even walk over there and there was absolutely no room to even move a muscle. Yes Reseda is cheap and Larry may not charge that much, but for the sake of fans and wrestler's safety I think a larger venue is a must at this point.

No BOLA event has ever had to turn away people! This is the first PWG event in this venue to turn away people and the first since Express Written Consent to see this magnitude of people, PWG saves alot of money running at the Legion Hall...Money that goes back into the product so until you guys that are complaining about the venue come up with some better venues that are cheap and can accomadate the fans like Reseda then PWG will continue to run at the Legion Hall.

If PWG ran the Mariott every month like they did for KRW they'd lose a ton of money, A regular PWG card doesn't draw big enough to warrant somewhere like the Mariott. KRW drew big because of top attractions like Muta, Liger and RVD.... Seven was the first show in four years of running there to fill the Legion Hall to a capacity that made them turn fans away so while they lost extra money on Seven it's not gonna be an every month occurence.
BurningHammerMark

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:51 am

IndyMadman wrote:* Souf Central and his girl were high as hell :)

Hell yeah man, as well as madvillian and kikrusher. We came back floating, I had a ball.

@Fatallylost Do you always go to the shows by yourself? If so next time sit with us bro. I seen you in line behind us but not inside.

As far as the venue goes, I don't mind legion hall but if they go somewhere else I hope they serve liquor as well

The next show shouldn't be BOLA right? Wonder when will it be and what the card will look like
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:59 am

Souf Centrol wrote:
IndyMadman wrote:* Souf Central and his girl were high as hell :)

Hell yeah man, as well as madvillian and kikrusher. We came back floating, I had a ball.

@Fatallylost Do you always go to the shows by yourself? If so next time sit with us bro. I seen you in line behind us but not inside.

As far as the venue goes, I don't mind legion hall but if they go somewhere else I hope they serve liquor as well

The next show shouldn't be BOLA right? Wonder when will it be and what the card will look like

For the most part I do tend to fly solo there. I used to go with a co-worker but he's been too busy to make it (or too broke at times) but definitely.

I doubt BOLA would be next, isn't that usually November? I doubt they'd not run any show for 3 months. I think the next show is going to be a little more low key than Seven, but it'll have more of the vibe of the shows from earlier in the year.

If that made any sense.
fatallylost

Postby CP Munk » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:53 pm

did someone yell out DOUBLE RAINBOW during a match? or was i just hearing things
CP Munk

Postby PWG_Silverback » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:11 pm

We appreciate the concerns voiced by some fans regarding the size of the venue, and rest assured, it is something we have taken into consideration well before Seven took place. We will continue to evaluate our options on a show by show basis, and we hope that over the last seven years we have proven that we strive to do what is in not only our own, but the fans' best interest as well.

With that said, let's keep this focus of this thread on the show itself. Thanks guys.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby fatallylost » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:01 pm

CP Munk wrote:did someone yell out DOUBLE RAINBOW during a match? or was i just hearing things

I can confirm that. No idea where it came from, but I did indeed hear that.
fatallylost

Postby theBZA » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:15 pm

Had a blast at the show. Went with my lady/friend and she had a blast taking pictures and chanting a bunch of shit with me. Souf Centrol I saw you and was gonna go up and say whats up but I was like naaah, I bitched out. I'm more than likey going to the next show, lets have a session. Got to met Dragon and Hero after the show, both were down to earth as hell and cool as hell to talk to.
theBZA

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum