My PWG experience thus far...............

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby shyboy13 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:10 pm

Hey SoCalAndy,

You have been around here a while. What is your personal opinion on why posters on these boards are so negative about everything? I mean, you must admit that it is difficult to post anything without it being attacked for little or no reason. I have come to accept that it is just a SoCal discussion board culture thing that is perpetuated by a relative few. Personally, I think if we only had discussions about wrestling and got rid of all the nonsense then this would be a better place. What is your opinion? Why is the SoCal discussion board culture the way it is? In real life (i.e at the shows) no one verbally attacks other fans with no provocation.
shyboy13

Postby VolcanoStyle » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:15 pm

Simple reason.
Strong Bad wrote:The internet is a place where absolutely nothing happens. And you need to take advantage of that.

People like posting their opinions and putting down other people's where they can't be told to shut up to their face, I guess.
VolcanoStyle

Re: My Thoughts

Postby Evilguest » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:25 pm

Top_Gun_Mark_2 wrote:
I hate it even worse when they try and get themselves over on messageboards. :roll:

You mean like yourself?

Did you know that most wrestlers like the loud fans who cheer or boo as needed? It gives them something to play off of.
Evilguest

Postby dxreydx » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:50 pm

It's Indy Pro Wrestling don't take it seriously, period. Everyone is here to have fun the only business part of it is to pay for the venue and the wrestlers and to sell DVDS only to throw more shows. The ONLY reason us fans go to this show is to have FUN and if someone has a problem with someone else having fun then that's their issue. I found it personally funny that Pinky was going nuts on Jade Chung, I am not a fan who draws attention, but I'll scream shit at wrestlers and if that makes me annoying, then be it. My first few shows I was the quiet fan who just watched, now I catch myself just yelling during matches. FUN, let's all have that instead of trying to make going to a wrestling indy show a science on what you can and can't do.
dxreydx

Postby It's A Bomb » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:58 pm

I remember when people talked about wrestling on message boards, now it's about fans. :(
It's A Bomb

Postby Pinky » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:32 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:The entire "new fans vs. old fans" statement is pretty dumb, as it's not just old fans trashing people who try to get themselves attention. Most of the Cena Fan heat stemmed from the newer fans because they hate John Cena.

I'm all for fan interactions at shows. It's great to see people get into shows and cheer/boo faces and heels, but I hate seeing people try to make themselves the center of attention, and ever worse, when people make a bunch of posts about those people attention whores. I hated the Tard Boy/Cena Fan shit whenever people kept posting about them and when they went out of their way to become the show. I have no problem with the black chick because she's not doing anything to get over, although there are some moments when she can get a little carried away. As long as people aren't overreacting to shit like they did with the Tard Boy crap, I see nothing wrong with her.

Thank you very much my dear, although I have to catch myself when I do get carried away *my bad, lol* I am just there to have a good time, release some stress and to see my guys in action. Now I will get carried away when it comes to Chris Sabin, just cause I love his work and he has been nothin but sweet to me since I met him.

Let's have us some fun while we are there. Hell if it werent for us fans, these guys wouldnt even have a show to produce. I figure this, if the arena is too quiet when they are wrestling, then something is wrong.

Pinky
Pinky

Re: My Thoughts

Postby Top_Gun_Mark_2 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:00 am

Evilguest wrote:
Top_Gun_Mark_2 wrote:
I hate it even worse when they try and get themselves over on messageboards. :roll:

You mean like yourself?

Did you know that most wrestlers like the loud fans who cheer or boo as needed? It gives them something to play off of.

Wrong!

I don't mind the fans that "cheer" or "boo", but I dislike the ones who go over the top or go onto messageboards such as this one and tell us all how "over" they were or make out like they were such a huge part of the show.
Top_Gun_Mark_2

Postby rtorres481 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:34 am

I don't see a problem with fans interacting with the wrestlers, getting in their faces during the entrances, high fives, shouting insults, etc. But I do think that leaving your seat to chase after a wrestler or valet (particulary when a match is taking place) is going a little too far.

Now maybe Pinky was having a little fun. OK, no problem with that. But what if the next person who decides to get up does not possess the same amount of sanity that she does? Flash back to a couple of months ago - Does anyone remember the fan who was beaten down by Ronin and then was ejected from the building? Do we need a repeat of that? I just think that getting up and going after wrestlers can possibly set a dangerous precedent.
rtorres481

Postby evilpaz » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:19 am

rtorres481 wrote:I don't see a problem with fans interacting with the wrestlers, getting in their faces during the entrances, high fives, shouting insults, etc. But I do think that leaving your seat to chase after a wrestler or valet (particulary when a match is taking place) is going a little too far.

Now maybe Pinky was having a little fun. OK, no problem with that. But what if the next person who decides to get up does not possess the same amount of sanity that she does? Flash back to a couple of months ago - Does anyone remember the fan who was beaten down by Ronin and then was ejected from the building? Do we need a repeat of that? I just think that getting up and going after wrestlers can possibly set a dangerous precedent.
The man has a point.

It's all good and fun until someone gets hurt. What would happen if Jade took offense to what Pinky did and started throwing some 'bows? I mean, what Pinky did wasn't like the Ronin incident, but you never really know as a fan when you cross that boundary to where a wrestler would snap.
evilpaz

Postby urmomsurdad » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:28 pm

they're right.
urmomsurdad

Postby Evilguest » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:04 pm

evilpaz wrote:
rtorres481 wrote:I don't see a problem with fans interacting with the wrestlers, getting in their faces during the entrances, high fives, shouting insults, etc. But I do think that leaving your seat to chase after a wrestler or valet (particulary when a match is taking place) is going a little too far.

The man has a point.

It's all good and fun until someone gets hurt. What would happen if Jade took offense to what Pinky did and started throwing some 'bows? I mean, what Pinky did wasn't like the Ronin incident, but you never really know as a fan when you cross that boundary to where a wrestler would snap.

Don't you think its up to management to talk to her and not us to judge her?
Evilguest

Postby dxreydx » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:51 pm

I think a wrestler would only snap if something physical happened I mean ever since Joey went sash we've been telling him to die. Not to mention his pedophile ways etc. If a fan goes to far then someone from PWG will kick them out, let an idoit fan test their limits and see if they're at another PWG show. Again everytime I see Dragon he messed with a fan and this weekend it was Ceasar like, again. Another time Dragon told some fan to leave because he posted negative shit about Dragon on some msg board. Do we complain when a wrestler messes with a fan? I know it's different, but it still invovles wrestler/fan interaction. I mean anyone who saw Tard Boy has to ADMIT it helped get Bosh over that little bit. Regardless as a whole the Tard Boy situation got out of hand. Yet at the time it was the funniest stuff at the time. Going to far? How bout Bosh's ractist comments? I mean it's indy wrestling have fun.
dxreydx

Postby Lyger Mask » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:30 am

Does she know she got played? Scorpio Sky is just doing the typical heel roll. He's a nice guy in real life. Jade too. Its simple wrestling psychology. A heel plays the crowd. They'll respond to the most loud and obnoxious person in the crowd and target them to get them even more loud and obnoxious. She got served by Scorpio.
Lyger Mask

Postby Hulkushi » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:06 am

Lyger Mask wrote:Does she know she got played? Scorpio Sky is just doing the typical heel roll. He's a nice guy in real life. Jade too. Its simple wrestling psychology. A heel plays the crowd. They'll respond to the most loud and obnoxious person in the crowd and target them to get them even more loud and obnoxious. She got served by Scorpio.

You know sometimes it's just fun to still act like it's real
Hulkushi

Postby VolcanoStyle » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:22 pm

Seconding what Lyger Mask said. Scorpio was probably the most awesome guy at European Vacation, bar maybe Excalibur, through just being friendly to all of us. Got on the mic during intermission and did pretty much anything to entertain the crowd during the break; putting the show over, promoting Excalibur's 'last t-shirt ever', even doing the Spice Girls. Then when he was done, he came over to our block and started giving us tips on building abs or something.

I'll have to order the DVDs. After meeting him, I can't even imagine him in a heel role.
VolcanoStyle

Postby Pinky » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:39 pm

Lyger Mask wrote:Does she know she got played? Scorpio Sky is just doing the typical heel roll. He's a nice guy in real life. Jade too. Its simple wrestling psychology. A heel plays the crowd. They'll respond to the most loud and obnoxious person in the crowd and target them to get them even more loud and obnoxious. She got served by Scorpio.

Let me see here?? Do I know I got played?? Does Scorpio know he got played by me?? I respect this business and I know we are playing off one another, hell it makes for better entertainment I say. I got SERVED by
NO ONE!!! Sweetie, I know how this business works, all of the ins and outs of it as well. I know what the deal is here and if what I have done is give entertainment, SO BE IT!! I am not crossing any lines by puttin my hands or any other part of my body on these wrestlers, I do know my limits here. I just hate his character and thats what counts, I know what is real and what isnt, I am a grown woman and I will continue to do what I do and that is taunt the hell outta Scorpio and Jade. I paid good money to do so. So DO NOT judge me, ONLY GOD can judge me, not you or anyone else.

Pinky
Pinky

Postby evilpaz » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:14 pm

just don't spill water on Ronin... he gets nasty.
evilpaz

Postby Top_Gun_Mark_2 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:52 am

Pinky wrote:

Let me see here?? Do I know I got played?? Does Scorpio know he got played by me?? I respect this business and I know we are playing off one another, hell it makes for better entertainment I say. I got SERVED by
NO ONE!!! Sweetie, I know how this business works, all of the ins and outs of it as well. I know what the deal is here and if what I have done is give entertainment, SO BE IT!! I am not crossing any lines by puttin my hands or any other part of my body on these wrestlers, I do know my limits here. I just hate his character and thats what counts, I know what is real and what isnt, I am a grown woman and I will continue to do what I do and that is taunt the hell outta Scorpio and Jade. I paid good money to do so. So DO NOT judge me, ONLY GOD can judge me, not you or anyone else.

Pinky

I would so love you to get in Super Dragon's face at the next show :wink: :lol:
Top_Gun_Mark_2

Postby Hulkushi » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:49 am

Super Dragon said PWG was born from Black Purple Vagina

I guess we know the owner of said vagina
Hulkushi

Postby luca brasi » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:03 pm

There is nothing wrong with Pinky Fan, she is cool. Fired up, yes, but no threat. I recognized she was into the moment and was not a threat to anyone, but the problem is, it might encourage some OTHER fan who is drunk or stupid to try and do something with the wrestlers/referees/valets. It's not like she got in the ring, which I have seen happen a few times. When that happens, all bets are off; the wrestlers have to assume if this person is stupid enough to get in the ring, they are stupid enough to try to be dangerous and should be dealt with accordingly.
So in hindsight Pinky Fan, keep coming, keep yelling, keep having a good time, just don't leave your seat area and chase the workers. Biut it seems you already know this and don't need a lecture.
luca brasi

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum