Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's SEVEN on Friday, July 30, 2010!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's SEVEN on Friday, July 30, 2010!

Postby The Franchise13 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Brian Kendrick is here! Paul London is currently spellings merchandise next to the ring.
The Franchise13

Postby nonhipster » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:32 pm

I was one of the unlucky ones to get denied at the door. Beyond bummed.

Could one of you jokers post results...STAT?
nonhipster

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:53 pm

yeah, its been hours and noone has posted shit!
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:56 pm

nonhipster wrote:I was one of the unlucky ones to get denied at the door. Beyond bummed.

Could one of you jokers post results...STAT?

How long did u wait in line for?
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:33 pm

I found the results

1. Six-Person Tag Team Match
Brandon Gatson, Johnny Goodtime, & Candice LeRae vs. "Pretty" Peter Avalon, Malachi "CK" Jackson, & Ryan Taylor
- Candice got the pin with a moonsault. Fast paced opener with lots of dives.

2. Singles Match
Brandon Bonham vs. Brian Cage
- Bonham won with a Canadian destroyer. Crowd chanted "that was awesome" and "please come back" at cage

3. Singles Match
Chris Sabin vs. Akira Tozawa
- Tozawa pinned TNA's Sabin with a German suplex. Finish looked botched.

4. Scott Lost Retirement Match
"The Professional" Scott Lost vs. Scorpio Sky
- Crazy match with lots of high spots. Highlight was belly to belly suplex from inside the ring to outside. "this is wrestling" chants

Tons of nearfalls. Lost kept kicking out of Scorpio's finisher until finally a kick to the head ended it for Lost. Standing ovation after.

5. Bryan Danielson Return Match
"American Dragon" Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong

- Danielson out to final countdown. Crowd threw in ties. He teased using one on ref. "cena got his fucking head kicked in" chants.

Strong used tie in Bryan and got huge pop. "you are fired!" chants. Bryan then used tied for even bigger pop. "you are hired!" chants

Bryan won with leg choke submission. He cut a promo afterwards. "I can't use that language, I am a PG wrestler. I am sometimes embarrassed to be a sports entertainer, but I am always proud to be a wrestler!" Bryan then put over the fans of PWG.

6. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
Davey Richards (Champion) vs. Chris Hero (Challenger)
- Lots of near falls. Got really hot at the end. Davey retains with ankle lock with grapevine.

7. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Three Way Guerrilla Warfare Match
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:13 am

The show was INSANE!!! Here's a couple of quick thoughts before I go to bed:

The place was packed. I never thought I'd see a bigger crowd in Reseda than for Paul London's debut show, but this topped that. The show didn't start until about 9pm, even though they opened the doors at roughly 7:45. At about 8:40, pretty much every seat was full, and they were still just letting in the presale people. Not sure how many people got in that bought tickets at the door.

At the finish of the Sabin Tozawa match, Tozawa attempted a German Suplex followed by a rollup, but he botched the rollup. He then attempted Croyt's Wrath and proceeded to do it very very sloppy.

At the beginning of the Lost vs. Scorpio match, Scott had two rolled up streamers in his hands, hit a drop kick out of nowhere, and threw the streamers himself. It looked awesome. And I was pretty shocked that he lost his retirement match.

It was great to see Danielson again. The match was killer, but a bit short.

Hero vs. Davey was very entertaining. Tons of near falls. Almost too many. Chris hit 5 Rolling Elbows. So much for not relying on them like he said in his promo at the last show. Very happy to see Davey retain.

Before the last match started, Excalibur warned the crowd that the match was going to be batshit insane. He did not lie. Holy fucking Santa shit. Everyone in the match went all out. Too many spots to mention, but some of the highlights were a superplex from Paul London through a table which was covered in poppers (you know, the little white things you buy from the ice cream man that you throw on the ground and they make a loud pop), the Cutlers double Tombstone piledriver onto two chairs, one of the Bucks doing a 450 splash through a table, and a simultaneous shooting star press to the outside by London with Generico hitting a turnbuckle brainbuster.

If you weren't there, buy the DVD. If you were there, buy the DVD.
BUY THIS DVD!!!!
abouttreefitty350

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:15 am

Almost forgot. In his post match speech, Scott Lost mentioned to keep an eye on his twitter page tomorrow because he is making a wrestling related post. He said it wasn't anything huge though.
abouttreefitty350

Postby BurningHammerMark » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:33 am

PWG Seven Thoughts

The house was absolutely packed! Biggest crowd for American Legion Post ever! At least 600-700 people.

1. Brandon Gatson, Johnny Goodtime and Candace LaRae vs. "Pretty" Peter Avalon, Malachi "CK" Jackson and Ryan Taylor.

Excellent opener! Lost of great innovative moves with a great pace to it, Avalon is a student of Scorpio Sky and Scott Lost and he has a tremendous upside to him. Candace picks up the win for her team after hitting a moonsault on Avalon. Great stuff here! ***1/4

2. Brandon Bonham vs. Brian Cage

Fans heckled Brain Cage since he is a relative unknown but by the end of the match it was a different story. Bonham has grown by leaps and bounds since returning to PWG earlier this year and has had several impressive showings and this is yet another one. Bonham picks up the win with the Hammer Of The Gods (Canadian Destroyer) ***3/4

3. Akira Tozawa vs. Chris Sabin

This was yet another great match, Shelley being injured was kind of a letdown considering the fans were supposed to get Motor City Machineguns against El Generico and Paul London but this was a very suitable replacement, Great back and forth action with Tozawa getting the win with a Deadlift German Suplex. ***3/4

4. Scott Lost vs. Scorpio Sky

This was a fitting farewell for Scott Lost who is retiring from wrestling, Scorpio Sky is a man that Lost has a lot of history with dating back to their early days in SoCal. Tons of exciting nearfalls with both men going back and forth, "This is wrestling" chants by the fans who loved every second of this. Sky picked up the win after hitting The Big Fat Kill (Spinning Kick To The face) on Lost to end a spectacular match ****1/2

After the match Scott Lost cuts an emotional promo about his career and thanks the fans for all of their support.

Intermission

5. Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong

The pop for Danielson was INSANE!! The match on the other hand was very short only going into the 9-13 minute range, Danielson choking Roddy with tie blew the roof off the place, Also several "Cena got his f'n head kicked in" chants filled the arena, Danielson picks up the win with a Crossface variation to end a very good match albeit short. ***3/4

6. Davey Richards vs. Chris Hero for the PWG World Heavyweight Title

CLASSIC! This match had it all! Crowd was seemingly split down the middle for both men as Davey and Hero brought the goods. The last 5 minutes are insane with hot nearfalls and the crowd going crazy for both men. Richards gets the win with a Kanemoto style ankle lock to end a spectacular match that is going to the top of my list for Match Of The Year ****3/4

7. Guerrila Warfare Match for the PWG World Tag Team Titles

El Generico and Paul London vs. The Young Bucks vs. Brandon and Dustin Cutler

INSANE! Absolutely too many innovative spots to list, Insane brawl with weapons including tables, chairs, rakes and trashcans. Too hard to see a lot of the action so I hope the DVD catches what I missed but easily one of the most insane brawls i've seen in quite a long time, Generico and London retain after Generico hits Nick Jackson with a Top Rope Brainbuster. ****1/4

After the match Excalibur thanks the fans for 7 amazing years of PWG to close out the show.

Could be a top candidate for Show Of The year...
BurningHammerMark

Postby fatallylost » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:51 am

Just to clarify one thing...

Those weren't tacks on the table. They were those little black powder poppers you get at swap meets.
fatallylost

Postby truckermudflaps » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:46 am

truckermudflaps

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:41 am

Awesome! Awesome! show! :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby camstun187 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:25 am

more impressions, please!
camstun187

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:40 am

Did they mention anything about when the next show is
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:53 am

brandenalmostthesmark wrote:London did moonsault to guys on outside and Generico did brainbustaaaa for the win!

London did a Shooting Star Press.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby fatallylost » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:21 am

brandenalmostthesmark wrote:Did they mention anything about when the next show is

There wasn't any mention. There rarely is honestly. I think Excalibur may have mentioned next month. But, as a "we hope to see you all back here next month" kind of thing.

I could be wrong on the wording.
fatallylost

Postby Detroitboi » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:06 pm

Seven was GREAT! Glad I got my ticket Pre-Sale. I expected a Sellout with Dragin being on the Card tho. I would have liked to see both of the Machine Guns but Sabin vs Tozawa was pretty cool. I got Shoved at the beginning of the Warefare match! I thought it was someone coming from the bathroom and was loking like WTF.....IT TURNED OUT TO BE BRANDON CUTLER Storming to the ring,lol at the beginning lol.
Detroitboi

Postby OSKMIA » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:10 pm

Was this the biggest crowd PWG has ever had? Also how was the energy in the building, was it intense or what?
OSKMIA

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:36 pm

Can't wait to see this on DVD. Lol.

Does anyone know what Lost had to say on twitter?
Whoblehwah

Postby fatallylost » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:06 pm

Whoblehwah wrote:Can't wait to see this on DVD. Lol.

Does anyone know what Lost had to say on twitter?

Nothing yet. Last thing he said was "So Twitter Wrestling Announcement in 15 minutes!!!!! Are You Ready?!?!?" 20 minutes ago via Echofon
fatallylost

Postby El Asian » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:17 pm

OSKMIA wrote:Was this the biggest crowd PWG has ever had? Also how was the energy in the building, was it intense or what?

technically, I'd say it was the 2nd biggest crowd PWG has had, Kurt Russellreunion probably had more but yeah, the energy in the building was intense
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum