should and can pwg do live steam ippv's

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

should and can pwg do live steam ippv's

Postby BillJames » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:25 am

i don't know who much it would cost to do live steam shows live roh does but if it is not much sholud they do them

i say yes because i live on the east cost but am i big fan of pwg and because i live in Michigan so it cost to much money for me to travel and get time off work and stuff like that also i think it cloud open a hole new world up to pwg witch is always good

roh does ippv's for 15$ witch is really good but i be willing to pay 25 or 30 for

so if it not to much do guys think they should give it a try see how it does
BillJames

Re: should and can pwg do live steam ippv's

Postby Meltman » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:01 pm

It'll never happen.

ROH has a money mark and can afford such things. We're lucky to just be getting shows faster. Fast meaning 2 months after showtime.
Meltman

Postby Matt Flash » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:39 pm

A money mark, and guys under contract. I know Davey was on the Dragon Gate USA PPV, but there wasn't really anyone else under ROH contract on there, either. And ROH wasn't doing iPPVs at the time. PWG would have to find an entirely new crop of indy wrestlers, build them up themselves, and only then would it even be remotely possible for PWG to even think about running a PPPV of some sort. THEN the money issue would come into play and probably shut it down anyways.

I'll just settle for being at as many live shows as possible, and picking up any DVDs in the mean time. Sorry for anyone who doesn't live within travelling distance of the shows.
Matt Flash

Postby fatallylost » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:36 pm

I concur that financially, it just can't happen. They would lose tons of money in the beginning before it would really spread nation/world wide. In any sort of way to profit.

I do agree that it'd be good. But, then we'll also lose the theme songs, most likely, as rights cost money as well, hence why they aren't on the DVD's.
fatallylost

Postby Phoenixsplash » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:59 am

ROH isn't the only place that does it, CZW does it too. Through Hybrident.

I don't think PWG really needs to though
Phoenixsplash

Postby deadmandevilman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:13 pm

not now, but i think in a few years the technology will be there. The dream would be to ditch the ppv model and just do a show that is ad supported. Other internet video shows (diggnation, the Totally Rad Show) are profitable and hopefully in a few years a company like PWG can make some money the same way.
deadmandevilman

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum