Brian Danielson at PWG

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Brian Danielson at PWG

Postby The Franchise13 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:42 am

From Brian Danielson Twitter:

"Still not the right time, other than to say this: I am now available for independent bookings."

Danielson's Twitter page is at Twitter.com/BryanDanielson.

If this is true.... please, please, please... bring the American Dragon back for the 7th year anniversary show!!!
The Franchise13

Re: Brian Danielson at PWG

Postby BadFurDay » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:08 pm

PWG always manage to get the workers the day they're released. This one better be no different!
BadFurDay

Postby El Asian » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:38 pm

well he's working DGUSA and EVOLVE already, so hopefully PWG is another one he'll work with and like I said in another thread, I really hope the match PWG books Danielson in is a 4way match for the title between him, Richards, Omega, and Hero
El Asian

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:26 pm

It would be great if he's booked on the anniversary show I'd like to see him wrestle in a 4 way or against Omega
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby Tarfoo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:40 pm

I'd love to see him against some of the newer guys, especially Gatson. Let's go with the idea that he doesn't need/want the title and instead wants to see what these new guys have to offer.

Also, the match that never happened at Guerre Sans Fronti
Tarfoo

Postby fatallylost » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:36 pm

I think we need a Danielson / Chuck Taylor rematch.

There still unresolved issues.
fatallylost

Postby iamawesome » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:40 pm

fatallylost wrote:I think we need a Danielson / Chuck Taylor rematch.

There still unresolved issues.

I concur

That is all
iamawesome

Postby maxx powerz » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:32 am

I'm going to vote NO to this, for now at least. Danielson's PWG swan song was done so perfectly, and I'm still not sold that Danielson's departure from WWE-land is a long term thing. So I wonder if its worth bringing Dragon back for maybe two matches and then he'd be gone again. If he's still on the indys come BOLA time, I guess he might be in the indys for the long haul again, and I'd say go ahead and bring him in. But for now, I'd prefer the last PWG moment Bryan had to be that epic title match with Hero.
maxx powerz

Postby maxx powerz » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:33 am

Eh, I read the 7th anniversary show post, so I guess it doesn't matter. Oh well.
maxx powerz

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:17 am

maxx powerz wrote:I'm going to vote NO to this, for now at least. Danielson's PWG swan song was done so perfectly, and I'm still not sold that Danielson's departure from WWE-land is a long term thing. So I wonder if its worth bringing Dragon back for maybe two matches and then he'd be gone again. If he's still on the indys come BOLA time, I guess he might be in the indys for the long haul again, and I'd say go ahead and bring him in. But for now, I'd prefer the last PWG moment Bryan had to be that epic title match with Hero.

ya I agree I'd like to see him have a match with Davey and Omega and maybe strong
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:01 am

Now that Danielson is confirmed, I hope his return isn't wasted in a clusterfuck 4-way match. Please put him in a singles match against Davey in the main event.

How cool would it be if Chris Hero no shows his mid card match since he said he won't be be in Pwg unless it's for a title shot, and he runs in and breaks up the match as Danielson has the cattle mutilation locked in? Chris gets a good amount of heat already, and this could set up a HUGE fued.
abouttreefitty350

Postby jdrouskirsh » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:30 pm

abouttreefitty350 wrote:Now that Danielson is confirmed, I hope his return isn't wasted in a clusterfuck 4-way match. Please put him in a singles match against Davey in the main event.

How cool would it be if Chris Hero no shows his mid card match since he said he won't be be in Pwg unless it's for a title shot, and he runs in and breaks up the match as Danielson has the cattle mutilation locked in? Chris gets a good amount of heat already, and this could set up a HUGE fued.

that would be an idiotic waste of money for PWG.... think about it, they gotta pay his booking fee, pay to fly him out cross country, put him up in a hotel room, just for a run in? Especially to set up a feud with someone that will soon be gone again anyways?
jdrouskirsh

Postby Meltman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:37 pm

Him challenging Davey makes the most sense. Dude had to vacate the title, didn't even lose it. We got Davey/Danielson at BOLA 2008, it was a great match but I know they can put on true barnburner given the right opportunity. This is that opportunity.

Although, I would also 100% support a Danielson/Omega match with no comedy. Their match at 100 was absolutely incredible but only for the comedy. They're both amazing wrestlers so there's a whole angle we've yet to see.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Hero vs Dragon vs Davey sounds more reasonable. Hero hasn't had his rematch yet either, and since we're not sure if dragon will go back to wwe I can see Hero being the champ again

I remember someone saying there hasn't been any storylines lately and I'm kind of understanding what he meant. I see the young bucks and the cutlers are about to go at it but other than that it's just the "hero wants his title shot" storyline
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:45 pm

Looking at the roster, there aren't many people Hero hasn't faced yet. Makes me think if he did win the title we'd mostly be getting rematches.

Personally I want him to team up with one of the locals and have some amazing tags.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Meltman wrote:Looking at the roster, there aren't many people Hero hasn't faced yet. Makes me think if he did win the title we'd mostly be getting rematches.

Personally I want him to team up with one of the locals and have some amazing tags.

Well everybody has faced almost everybody in PWG in that case. If Hero wins they would have to start a fued with someone so people can be interested in it. I know I can go to a show and enjoy it without any storyline but a storyline would just add more frosting on the cake
Souf Centrol

Postby b2u » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:30 pm

Outside of a lot of people saying it should be a four way with the current and three previous World Champions, maybe they'll do Hero vs. Davey and do something else. Other possible matches:

Danielson/Strong vs. Men of Low Moral Fiber (Kenny Omega and Chuck Taylor)
Danielson/Strong vs. Peligro Abejas for the PWG World Tag Team Titles
Danielson vs. Alex Shelley
Danielson vs. New Era Joey Ryan
Danielson vs. Gatson or Bonham
Danielson/Strong vs. Gatson and Bonham

If I were booking, I'd book Danielson and Strong vs. Men of Low Moral Fiber, a match that is over one year in the making as it was supposed to main event Secret of Guerrilla Island. Have Men of Low Moral Fiber go over and set them us as the next challengers to the PWG World Tag Team Titles.
b2u

Postby Htornado » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Danielson vs. PAC, probably not gonna happen anytime soon but I can dream right.
Htornado

Postby Meltman » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:57 am

It's happened before, but not in PWG. If I recall correctly the match wasn't much to write home about, sadly.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:10 pm

personally, I always wanted a match between Bryan Danielson and Human Tornado
El Asian

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum