Davey Richards leaving wrestling for good?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Davey Richards leaving wrestling for good?

Postby BOLA4ever » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:50 am

i just read Ring of Honor wrestler, Davey Richards, 27, says he's leaving the company in December when his contract expires. He plans to leave pro wrestling for good to pursue a career as a fire fighter.

(credit: The Wrestling Globe Newsletter)

i can honestly say what a loss in the wrestling world
BOLA4ever

Re: Davey Richards leaving wrestling for good?

Postby Whoblehwah » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:15 pm

............... What did I just read?
Whoblehwah

Postby OSKMIA » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:48 pm

Yeah this is an absolute blow to pro wrestling in general. I'm really bummed... BUT... I am also happy that he is pursuing a career that we can all be very proud of. GOOD LUCK DAVEY!
OSKMIA

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:35 pm

I read about this aswell. Davey is a great talent. Amazing technical wrestling. He could have great matches w/ Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, RVD, AJ, CM Punk.... Too many names to list. Theres nothing wrong w/ him being a fireman, but he should realize an opportunity when he sees it. He said that he sees himself as just an ordinary man, he wont retire, he will just dissappear. He needs to give himself more credit. He is the future of wrestling & he should stick around to be a part of it.
The Franchise13

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:27 pm

The Franchise13 wrote:I read about this aswell. Davey is a great talent. Amazing technical wrestling. He could have great matches w/ Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, RVD, AJ, CM Punk.... Too many names to list. Theres nothing wrong w/ him being a fireman, but he should realize an opportunity when he sees it. He said that he sees himself as just an ordinary man, he wont retire, he will just dissappear. He needs to give himself more credit. He is the future of wrestling & he should stick around to be a part of it.

Though that is a very nice though, but also keep this into consideration. If he gets hurt and has to earn money other ways this is a great way to do it. I think he is thinking about his actual future. I think people tend to forget that even as humans not all of them live like rock stars and sometimes have to think about what happens if the time came after wrestling.

I've learned to enjoy Davey's matches. He is a fine talent. And whatever he decides we should respect his decision. Besides we never know what will happen in time. This we have seen time and time again.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:39 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
The Franchise13 wrote:I read about this aswell. Davey is a great talent. Amazing technical wrestling. He could have great matches w/ Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, RVD, AJ, CM Punk.... Too many names to list. Theres nothing wrong w/ him being a fireman, but he should realize an opportunity when he sees it. He said that he sees himself as just an ordinary man, he wont retire, he will just dissappear. He needs to give himself more credit. He is the future of wrestling & he should stick around to be a part of it.

Though that is a very nice though, but also keep this into consideration. If he gets hurt and has to earn money other ways this is a great way to do it. I think he is thinking about his actual future. I think people tend to forget that even as humans not all of them live like rock stars and sometimes have to think about what happens if the time came after wrestling.

I've learned to enjoy Davey's matches. He is a fine talent. And whatever he decides we should respect his decision. Besides we never know what will happen in time. This we have seen time and time again.

I agree. Although it is our loss to no longer have him, it is his life to do with as he chooses. I respect him as a human being as well so if this is what is going to happen, then best of luck to him. The man could be a success at anything he wanted to be.
Fsportsentertainment

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:19 pm

It does suck but remember the contract is for 3 years
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby BOLA4ever » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:46 pm

Who should his last PWG match be with?
we all want super dragon but very unlikely sadly =(
maybe against Danielson or Roderick?
BOLA4ever

Postby Meltman » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:01 am

BOLA4ever wrote:Who should his last PWG match be with?
we all want super dragon but very unlikely sadly =(
maybe against Danielson or Roderick?

On the roster he has the most history with Strong, that'd be a fine final match. SD will never wrestle again.
Meltman

Postby KickToKill » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:23 pm

Davey's my favorite "current" wrestler, I always look forward to a new match of his in both ROH & PWG. Generico, Steen, Homicide, Danielson are up there as well but Davey Richards became my favorite guy after Super Dragon left.
KickToKill

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum