Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's SEVEN on Friday, July 30, 2010!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's SEVEN on Friday, July 30, 2010!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:12 pm

July 29, 2010 - With interest in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla seemingly at an all-time high heading into tomorrow's seventh anniversary event Seven, we figured it would be best if we changed things up at the last minute. You know, to keep people on their toes. To do this, we asked one half of the Motor City Machine Guns, Alex Shelley, to somehow injure himself at the TNA Wrestling TV tapings scheduled to take place just days before Seven. We didn't care how he did it or what he injured, we just wanted an excuse to make changes to the show! Because Alex Shelley is not only a consummate professional but a top-notch team player as well, he was more than happy to oblige.

In all seriousness, at TNA Wrestling's TV taping this past Tuesday, Alex Shelley suffered a knee injury that will keep him out of action for tomorrow's event. While the severity of the injury is unknown at this time, we hope for the best and wish Alex Shelley a speedy recovery. We're sure we speak for everyone reading this that we eagerly await his return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla.

With the last-minute nature of Alex Shelley's injury, we hope our fans can understand that we have been forced to make a few changes to the line-up (and if not, then that's why it says "Card Subject to Change," jerk). Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Seven is now scheduled to feature:

Six-Person Tag Team Match
Brandon Gatson, Johnny Goodtime, & Candice LeRae vs. "Pretty" Peter Avalon, Malachi "CK" Jackson, & Ryan Taylor

Singles Match
Brandon Bonham vs. Brian Cage

Singles Match
Chris Sabin vs. Akira Tozawa

Bryan Danielson Return Match
"American Dragon" Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Three Way Guerrilla Warfare Match
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: July 30, 2010 - Seven Years of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla!

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:27 pm

Woohoo, awesome teaser. I can only guess that the Guerrilla Warfare match will between The Bucks and The Cutlers, which I think could be one of the best PWG matches in years. I also hope Danielson chokes someone with a tie...

SB Edit: Way to be that guy!
TigerDriver98

Postby Tarfoo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:50 pm

For a quarter of a second I was actually afraid this would be the title of the show. How silly of me to doubt you guys.
Tarfoo

Postby fatallylost » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:15 am

So, with the confirmation of Danielson being at the show. How many of us will be wearing ties that night? I'm all in for it!
fatallylost

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:28 am

if i was a brianson fan i'd roll up some cheap ties and throw them like steamers.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:22 am

I would certainly hope for him to debut a new submission called The Neck Tie!
Garden State Saint

Postby El Horse » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:32 am

Man I love this company!! I wish driving to LA wasn't a 2 day ordeal otherwise I would so be there. Do the neck tie thing that would be phenominal!
El Horse

Postby ajday » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:41 am

PWG_Silverback wrote:While the official announcement of our next event, celebrating seven years of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, is still a few days away, we figured it couldn't hurt to whet your appetite just a little bit.
Plus much, much more. And not just like "oh yeah, here's some other stuff." The seventh anniversary of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla will be truly special.

Hahaha, I think SB has been looking over the Dio! thread a little.

TigerDriver98 wrote:Woohoo, awesome teaser. I can only guess that the Guerrilla Warfare match will between The Bucks and The Cutlers, which I think could be one of the best PWG matches in years. I also hope Danielson chokes someone with a tie...

SB Edit: Way to be that guy!

Does anyone find it interesting that SB has an edit button for other peoples post but yet there isn't one for regular users of the board?

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:if i was a brianson fan i'd roll up some cheap ties and throw them like steamers.

This would be awesome to see on the dvd!
ajday

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:46 am

Brian Danielson coming back. Davey Richards defending the title. London & Generico defending the titles. Plus a Guerrilla Warfare Match. This is going to be a special night
The Franchise13

Postby ajday » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:02 am

ajday wrote:
PWG_Silverback wrote:While the official announcement of our next event, celebrating seven years of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, is still a few days away, we figured it couldn't hurt to whet your appetite just a little bit.
Plus much, much more. And not just like "oh yeah, here's some other stuff." The seventh anniversary of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla will be truly special.

Hahaha, I think SB has been looking over the Dio! thread a little.

I meant the "7th Anni. Card" thread, not Dio!
ajday

Postby Detroitboi » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:31 am

fatallylost wrote:So, with the confirmation of Danielson being at the show. How many of us will be wearing ties that night? I'm all in for it!

Yeah I'm so there. I was talking to some of my buddies about the possibilities as soon as I heard he got fired.
Detroitboi

Postby iamawesome » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:12 pm

I just wet myself.

The End
iamawesome

Postby Whoblehwah » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:17 pm

Sounds good. I really wish I could go to california for a PWG show.
Whoblehwah

Postby bill1985 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:41 pm

That first note saying it will be pretty warm out, do you guys think they might have an outdoor show?
bill1985

Postby jacob_burman » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Now THIS is what I'm talking about. With Davey going to get out of wrestling soon, I wouldn't doubt we see a new champion. And amazing announcement with Danielson coming back to PWG. I know he's doing some shows for Gabe before this so I'm excited to see who he's facing. Part of me still feel this is a slight work, but I'm glad I'm going to be able to see him WRESTLE instead of get crushed in dumb matches. And the Warfare match, DAMN! I don't even have to KNOW who is wrestling in matches, this announcement alone is making me get tickets as soon as they come out.
jacob_burman

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:52 pm

I'm definitely not fucking missing this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby El Asian » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:00 pm

looks great so far, I agree that I hope Cutlers vs. Young Bucks is the Guerrilla Warfare match, its about time we finally get a tag team Guerrilla Warfare match
bill1985 wrote:That first note saying it will be pretty warm out, do you guys think they might have an outdoor show?

you never know, it could be PWG just making a reference to the weather though and the fact it'll be warm when fans are waiting in line for the show
El Asian

Postby Phoenixsplash » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:29 pm

It already sounds really, really, awesome. Anyone know if Omega is around? Because then it should be Hero vs Omega vs Davey. Or maybe vs Danielson as well.

The Guerrilla Warfare match seems forced since there haven't really been any heated feuds lately. Hero vs Davey has been the most heated. Maybe it will be Bucks vs Danger Bees. Oh well, doesn't matter. I love Guerrilla Warfare.

And if guys are coming back for this, Necro and Jack Evans! Please!
Phoenixsplash

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:48 pm

I DO NOT want this show to be in Reseda! With Brian Danielson on the card, there is no question that this show us going to be packed. I'm hoping for the Burbank Armory. It's pretty big I'm there, and it should be enough space to seat everyone who shows up. There is no doubt in my mind that people will be turned away at the door at Reseda.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think it's worth repeating. Now that Danielson is confirmed, I hope his return isn't wasted in a clusterfuck 4-way match. Please put him in a singles match against Davey in the main event. How cool would it be if Chris Hero no shows his mid card match since he said he won't be be in Pwg unless it's for a title shot, and he runs in and breaks up the match as Danielson has the cattle mutilation locked in? Chris gets a good amount of heat already, and this could set up a HUGE fued.
abouttreefitty350

Postby CheMateo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Phoenixsplash wrote:It already sounds really, really, awesome. Anyone know if Omega is around? Because then it should be Hero vs Omega vs Davey. Or maybe vs Danielson as well
I don't have any news but I was also wondering about his status. Does anyone have any info on Omega?

The Guerrilla Warfare match seems forced since there haven't really been any heated feuds lately. Hero vs Davey has been the most heated. Maybe it will be Bucks vs Danger Bees. Oh well, doesn't matter. I love Guerrilla Warfare.
Yeah it feels kind of forced and hastily tacked on. But does it look like a give a damn? The first ever tag team Guerrilla Warfare should definitely bring exquisite bliss. Both projected teams have terrific work ethic so it should be a dandy. I hope it is nice and violent.
CheMateo

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum