Who can stop Dragon/Richards Reign?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby astro_zombie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:56 am

d_mon wrote:What's with all the sarcasm in this place.

welcome to the internet
astro_zombie

Postby Paul Burns » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:12 am

TigerDriver98 wrote:As for Davey in FIP, someone on the DVDVR board posted this link a while back: http://msldotcom.proboards20.com/index. ... 1140571080 In that thread, FIP's owner "Sal" states that "Davey Richards makes his debut in May and will be a full time member of the roster"

I'm not saying Davey would abandon PWG at all. Just saying, that this looks to be the break out year for Davey nationwide (who should by all means win the Super 8, if Scott doesn't that is!) and I'd be surprised if he wasn't getting ROH bookings sooner than later, and thus would probably have less time for a fed like PWG over time. It's nothing unprecedented (even for PWG guys, Steen/Generico taking PWG over IWS for example)

Heck, I hope Davey does remain on every PWG show. Just I don't know, these things tend to happen when wrestlers "break out"

Only time will tell I suppose...

It KIND of seems Gabe tests out matches/storylines/wrestlers in FiP (Think of the guys he's bought in after they've wrestled for FIP) and I'm pretty sure we'll see Davey Richards on an ROH Do or Die card this year.

Which is kinda cool, but kinda not...I just hope Richards sticks with PWG for atleast the next year!
Paul Burns

Postby Slappy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:26 pm

Christopher Daniels is a indie mega-star, but he's able to attend most PWG events, so why not Davey?
Slappy

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:39 pm

Slappy wrote:Christopher Daniels is a indie mega-star, but he's able to attend most PWG events, so why not Davey?

Sure, but how many titles has PWG given him?

Again, I'm not saying Davey will leave PWG. I was just responding to the guy who said: "I don't see any reason why Dragon & Richards can't hold the PWG World Tag Team titles into 2007" and the reason I came up with was the good chance of him getting alot of bookings outside of PWG, which would possibly make him unable to defend the tag titles on every show (which PWG title holders traditionally do)
TigerDriver98

Postby theleapinglemur » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:04 am

Back to the topic I would quite like to see Ruckus and Sabian brought in. Now they have brought back the briscoes, they don't need many else.
theleapinglemur

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:05 pm

Just to update: From the ROH Newswire:

April 10th: Super 8 winner Davey Richards has signed a fulltime contract with Ring Of Honor. Richards is set to make his ROH debut on 4/22 in Philadelphia. He will be on almost every ROH show after that including 4/28 in Dayton and 4/29 in Cleveland. Can Richards make an impact in ROH?

Great for Davey, I really hope he does well...
TigerDriver98

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:18 pm

Great to hear that Davey will get a shot in ROH. Like he said last night he'll still be working PWG but now the fans on the East Coast can see what he can really do
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby Hulkushi » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:19 pm

Davey Richards is one of the top light heavyweight style guys out there. He's good, I want to see match with Austin Aries dammit
Hulkushi

Postby noah_ther » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:00 pm

Does anyone really wanna see SD/Davey hold the belts all year long though? That just seems like way too long for anyone to hold tag titles in any fed. I just dread that it'll end up being Dragon turning on Davey and hitting him with a psycho driver so their opponents can take the win, rather than the team legitimately take the titles off SD/Davey. Cuz' whoever FINALLY does it is going to get one hell of a rub as long as it's a semi-clean finish at the least. Then again, it seems like every time they main event the tag titles...which is damn near every show, most of the crowd just assumes that the title isn't switching hands. I thought Cape Fear or Arrogance had the best shot. I just think the crowd hasn't been as hot for the tag matches cuz' it just seems futile to get behind a team knowing Dragon and Davey are going to murderlize them. Then again... this title run has made Davey one of the top probably 3 over guys in PWG right now, so good for him.
noah_ther

Postby scrub » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:41 pm

noah_ther wrote:I just think the crowd hasn't been as hot for the tag matches cuz' it just seems futile to get behind a team knowing Dragon and Davey are going to murderlize them.

I think the reason why the crowd wasn't hot for the tag title main last night was because we were all burnt out. I mean, with that smooth 4-way, followed by Strong/Sydal, then ZEE BUTCHAR knocking Joey's block off... back to back to back... that was huge. I was pretty much gone after that.

The last two title defenses had a hot crowd. Their defense against GenNext had one of the hottest crowds ever, shades of the BOLA losers 8-man.

I prefer to see SD and Davey work as a unified team (like against GenNext), rather than two individuals on a tag team (when they bicker, the lack of double teams, or when Davey is the only one still in the ring while Dragon has already hit the locker room). They just come off so much more badass when they are on the same page.
scrub

Postby CheMateo » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:45 pm

noah_ther wrote: Then again, it seems like every time they main event the tag titles...which is damn near every show, most of the crowd just assumes that the title isn't switching hands. I thought Cape Fear or Arrogance had the best shot. I just think the crowd hasn't been as hot for the tag matches cuz' it just seems futile to get behind a team knowing Dragon and Davey are going to murderlize them.

I have to disagree with this. It seems like to me everytime the tag titles have been on the line since this year the crowd has been really psyched. I don't think they see the challangers winning as futile except in the case against Styles and daniels. I'm sure it has to ring in the back of people's minds that the law of averages will unfortunately catch up with Super Dragon and Davey Richards and that they will have to lose the titles eventually. You just never know when that night may come. Plus with all the great close falls and excellent action I know I've been worried on more than one ocassion that they might lose.
CheMateo

Postby dxreydx » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:52 pm

A lot of PWG main events seem to lack fan support because people do burn out especially if its 12am the next day. I work full time no longer do i have my college day energy and I almost fell a sleep.
dxreydx

Postby CheMateo » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:45 pm

dxreydx wrote:A lot of PWG main events seem to lack fan support because people do burn out especially if its 12am the next day. I work full time no longer do i have my college day energy and I almost fell a sleep.

I am not being spiteful against these people, but this kind of annoys me about the So Cal scene, especially when Joey Ryan once talked about being in another territory and the show was going on like five or six hours and the fans were eating it up without being tired or complaining. I really appreciate what PWG does and it seems like some people just get burnt out too easy or take it for granted.
CheMateo

Postby noah_ther » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:46 am

Well, for the most part fans get to the show anywhere from 2 hrs to an hour before show time, then they start an hour or so late letting folks in, then a half hour later the show starts so already some people might have been at Sunday's show since like 3 pm, then it ends around 11 pm so its a pretty long day. Not that I still don't show up early, but it does take its toll. I guess SD/Davey's title run has really been booked pretty well since everyone seems to be anticipating them dropping the belts, which is great. But I think when you see guys like AJ/Daniels or Gen Next, or the Briscoes wrestle them , you assume they won't win because they probably can't make a 3 or 4 month commitment to making every show for a title defense. The main event usually gets hot the last 5 mins of the match cuz' of all the near falls, but every time I tell myself i won't get worked up b/c there is no way SD/Davey are dropping the belts, I end up marking out anyways...so Good for SD/Davey... bad for the rest of the division till someone steps up. Then again...if Austin Aries is coming to PWG, what's the chances of Aries/Strong vs SD/Davey???
noah_ther

Postby CheMateo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:18 pm

I usually get there a couple of hours early and still don't get burnt out, but eh what can you do. Super Dragon & Davey Richards vs. Aries and Strong sounds like fun!
CheMateo

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum