DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Opening Round Matches!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Opening Round Matches!

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon May 10, 2010 10:49 am

Yeah had a freakin ball last night, finally got my silverba.......excaliber pic. He was awesome, got my scott lost pic as well.

Roddy owes me a pitcher of beer lol he knocked mines over and was like "it's on larry" I asked larry he said they don't let him buy beer lol I'm thinking you don't have to buy it just give it to me free

I was really surprised that danger bees won, had a good time with kikrusher and madvillian as well. Can't wait until the show
Souf Centrol

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon May 10, 2010 10:54 am

smh@no edit button

I love how Hero was putting Bonham over. Hero made sure it was a good match
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Mon May 10, 2010 11:16 am

By the way.. what exactly happened to Nick in the main event? I noticed he didn't kick out in the early pin attempt, after the concussion. But I think I missed what hit him.
fatallylost

Postby luca brasi » Mon May 10, 2010 11:26 am

it looked like a weird thing... a quesadora (sp?) facebuster type thing from London.... he was out cold after that, hence the confusion in the ring. FUCKING AMAZING Nick Buck was able to come back out and finish off the match after that (a ***** match at that)
luca brasi

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Mon May 10, 2010 11:30 am

Awesome show last night.
Congrats to "Peligro! Abejas" or in the words of El Generico "Hermanos Bees"...LOL.. :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Mon May 10, 2010 11:32 am

luca brasi wrote:it looked like a weird thing... a quesadora (sp?) facebuster type thing from London.... he was out cold after that, hence the confusion in the ring. FUCKING AMAZING Nick Buck was able to come back out and finish off the match after that (a ***** match at that)

Props to Nick for finishing the match.
The Bucks put on 5star matches all night long. All 3 of their matches could be argued for MOTN.
Some amazing stuff for those two guys....
The_Sharpshooter

Postby El Asian » Mon May 10, 2010 12:01 pm

great show last night although honestly, I'm more surprised that the fact this is the 1st PWG tournament to have no changes since its 1st announcement than the fact we have new PWG tag champs

also, apparently Britta from Community wasn't the only celebrity in attendance, apparently I heard the cop from True Blood was at the show as well but I don't watch True Blood to know who that is honestly
El Asian

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon May 10, 2010 2:15 pm

I knew I seen the cop from true blood, I just couldn't place his face at the time. My girl kept saying it wasn't him and I was thinking about somebody else
Souf Centrol

Postby jacob_burman » Mon May 10, 2010 2:25 pm

I had no idea Nick was out cold until I read on twitter he suffered a concussion. Thank God it wasn't serious and he's ok. Those things can be very scary. And what a trooper he was for finishing the match. All the crap about wrestling being fake and what not, yet when shit like this happens and they STILL finish the match, they are the true athletes and deserve every ounce of praise they get and then some.

Also, it was Brandon's chest that got all red. Brandon is pretty much skin and bones and those chops sure did leave a mark. Wonder how long that will last lol.

Surprised about the Bees, though I know a lot of fans weren't and expecting it. Danger Bees are completely over, though I'm just not sold on them yet. Would have loved to see the Briscoes going home with the titles and good to see them making back to back appearances. KAMIKAZE was worth the traffic and admission price. They were damn entertaining and would love to see them back.

All in all a pretty good show. Good to see tag teams being highlighted on a show. Should have a full break down of all the matches later tonight.
jacob_burman

Postby Devil » Mon May 10, 2010 2:41 pm

Don't know why everyone is surprised at the Danger Bees winning! They were my pick to take the titles
Devil

Postby Meltman » Mon May 10, 2010 2:56 pm

I'm with ya, Danger Bees had to win it.

I LOVE the fact that the team that won consists of Generico (who beat the Bucks with Tornado) and London (who beat the Bucks with Kendrick), the only tag matches that the Bucks lost as Tag Champs. Now that's just awesome booking.

Show sounds phenomenal, I'm dying to see what the Bees will do with the belts. There hasn't been a quirkier team in a long time. Bucks/Cutlers and Briscoes/KAMIKAZE sound nuts, I can't wait to see those. Bonham/Hero too, really cool to hear Bonham was elevated to a new level by Hero.

Please put this show out fast!
Meltman

Postby Tarfoo » Mon May 10, 2010 2:58 pm

I'm dying to see some photos. Seriously, somebody, relief my agony.
Tarfoo

Postby Whoblehwah » Mon May 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Wow, I find it so crazy to think that I saw Roddy, The Briscoes, and Hero on saturday in NYC, then you guys saw them the next night in SoCal. These guys really work hard to entertain us.

Sounds like a great show. I hope that The Young Bucks losing the tag titles doesn't mean they'll be on less PWG shows now.
Whoblehwah

Postby fatallylost » Mon May 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Tarfoo wrote:I'm dying to see some photos. Seriously, somebody, relief my agony.

I have a handful in my photobucket account. They aren't really great, cause my camera can't handle action shots. But, feel free to browse.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/doanldfromspence/PWG/2010-05-09%20-%20PWG%20DDT4/
fatallylost

Postby Big Brian » Mon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Something else that happened that I have not seen anyone else talk about was what happened to Chris Hero's finger. When he punched Bonham across the forehead it looked like his right pinky knuckle dislocated. He turned around and then stomped on his hand to try to pop it in but from my angle it still looked out of socket. He started doing the chops with his left hand. A couple minutes later he finally popped it back in.
Big Brian

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon May 10, 2010 5:42 pm

Lord Akiyama

Postby fatallylost » Mon May 10, 2010 8:11 pm

Big Brian wrote:Something else that happened that I have not seen anyone else talk about was what happened to Chris Hero's finger. When he punched Bonham across the forehead it looked like his right pinky knuckle dislocated. He turned around and then stomped on his hand to try to pop it in but from my angle it still looked out of socket. He started doing the chops with his left hand. A couple minutes later he finally popped it back in.

Serious? I thought he was just selling the hit due to the loud pop it made.
fatallylost

Postby El Asian » Mon May 10, 2010 8:25 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:

hilarious the fact Generico can't even keep a straight face during London's promo
El Asian

Postby Detroitboi » Mon May 10, 2010 8:44 pm

DDT4 was my first Live Wrestling event and I will be at each and everyone from here on after my experience. I have followed the Roster for years but I appreciate them even more after seeing it live. I also appreciate how in touch with the fans these guys are. To be able to kick back with them for a few seconds between/before/after the matches is AWESOME! PWg has gained another faithfull.
Detroitboi

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon May 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Whoblehwah wrote:Wow, I find it so crazy to think that I saw Roddy, The Briscoes, and Hero on saturday in NYC, then you guys saw them the next night in SoCal. These guys really work hard to entertain us.

Sounds like a great show. I hope that The Young Bucks losing the tag titles doesn't mean they'll be on less PWG shows now.

I'm just glad the briscoes showed, we were like "thank you for showing" and jay briscoes loked at us and laughed
Souf Centrol

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum