DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Opening Round Matches!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Opening Round Matches!

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sat May 08, 2010 10:41 am

1 MORE DAY BABY!!!! :mrgreen:
Briscoes baby, brisoes!!!
The_Sharpshooter

Postby deadmandevilman » Sat May 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Yan, you going comming man?
deadmandevilman

Postby Madvillian » Sat May 08, 2010 8:37 pm

kikrusher99 and myself just got into Reseda today from Oly, WA. So friggin hyped for this show,can't wait to pick up some t-shirts and dvds, As the Worms Turns for sure. Also can't wait to see if the parking lot will be in a haze of smoke before the show, llol.
Madvillian

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun May 09, 2010 2:15 am

Yes I'm gonna be there
krayzie Bone

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Sun May 09, 2010 7:45 am

Madvillian wrote:kikrusher99 and myself just got into Reseda today from Oly, WA. So friggin hyped for this show,can't wait to pick up some t-shirts and dvds, As the Worms Turns for sure. Also can't wait to see if the parking lot will be in a haze of smoke before the show, llol.

My car will be a fishbowl at least lol. I hope beyond all hope the bucks lose the belts tonight... they have had them way too long. they got their tna contracts... let some other team run with the belts.
Fsportsentertainment

Postby deadmandevilman » Sun May 09, 2010 8:53 am

krayzie Bone wrote:Yes I'm gonna be there

see you there man!
deadmandevilman

Postby BillJames » Sun May 09, 2010 4:10 pm

is there any going to be putting up results tonight
BillJames

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun May 09, 2010 4:38 pm

BillJames wrote:is there any going to be putting up results tonight

http://twitter.com/cagesideseats seems to be doing live results. The doors just opened apparently.
TigerDriver98

Postby BillJames » Sun May 09, 2010 4:57 pm

thank you
BillJames

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun May 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Results so far:

1st Round:
The Young Bucks defeat LTP and Johnny Goodtime with superkicks.

TigerDriver98

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Semi-Finals:
The Young Bucks defeat The Cutler Brothers with The More Bang For Your Buck to retain and advance to the DDT4 finals.

El Generico & Paul London defeat The Briscoe Brothers after Generico reverses the Doomsday Device

Non-Tournament Match:
Chris Hero defeated Brandon Bonham

DDT4 Finals:
El Generico and Paul London defeat The Young Bucks to win the PWG Tag Team Titles!
TigerDriver98

Postby PWGnorthern » Sun May 09, 2010 8:12 pm

NEW CHAMPS!! NEW CHAMPS!!
PWGnorthern

Postby Alex08 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:16 pm

FINALLY! Congrats to danger bees! But also thank you young bucks for the great and extremely pleasurable and memorable reign!
Alex08

Postby Cuda » Sun May 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Yay for the orphans!
Cuda

Postby b2u » Sun May 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Generation Me/LTP-Goodtime- ***1/2
Danger Bees/Chuck Taylor and Scott Lost-***1/4
Taylor-Strong/Cutlers-***1/4
KAMIKAZE/Briscoes-***3/4

Generation Me/Cutlers-***3/4
Briscoes/Danger Bees-***1/4

Hero/Bonham-****

Dangers Bees/Generation Me-****
b2u

Postby fatallylost » Sun May 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Madvillian wrote:kikrusher99 and myself just got into Reseda today from Oly, WA. So friggin hyped for this show,can't wait to pick up some t-shirts and dvds, As the Worms Turns for sure. Also can't wait to see if the parking lot will be in a haze of smoke before the show, llol.

I think I saw you, talking to Bonham after the show, yeah? I overheard him saying something about coming all the way from Washington. Or, Jon Ian I get them confused a lot.
fatallylost

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon May 10, 2010 7:37 am

My notes and thoughts from last night:

- Show started forty-five minutes late. Worked for me since traffic was an absolute bitch (the ramp from 405 to 101 was worse than ever due to, of all things, everyone staring at a Doritos truck getting pulled over.)

- Young Bucks/Generation Me worked their asses off to get all their opponents over. All three of their matches were high caliber. I expect somewhere down the road a Young Bucks vs. Cutler match to be given a main event spotlight in PWG as some point.

- Celebrity sighting. Gillian Jacobs of the TV show "Community" was once again in attendance (I remember her being at the first night of last year's BoLA). Excalibur did a plug for the show without actually pointing her out and Scott Lost posed for her during his entrance. She was definitely having a great time. Possibly a celebrity endorsement for PWG in the future?

- Roddy DESTROYED Dustin(?)'s chest. After two-three chops, his chest was completely red. I said it before and I'll say it again. Roderick is a sick man.

- Akira Tozawa did not disappoint me in being as awesome as I hoped. I've been wanting to see him for a couple years now and it was great to see him display his antics to great success. Totally deserved the "Please come back!" chants we showered him with.

- Just as the Bucks worked their asses off to get their opponents over, so did Hero for Bonham. They had a really strong caliber match that will certainly do a lot for Bonham in the long run. Just a fantastic match that stood out in the middle of all the tag team action.

- I enjoyed how there was a section of the fans wearing polo shirts striped yellow and black like bees.

- Paul London rules. Bringing the megaphone added to his awesome appeal.

- During the main event tag, Paul literally knocked Nick Jackson silly with a slam (I think Last Falconry, but I'm not sure) in which Knox stopped at two even though Nick didn't quite have the shoulder up. Nick was completely out on his feet, thus the reason all four high-tailed to the back a second time (first time before the match started to play into the whole story of them ditching the match while keeping the belts) so Nick could get his barrings straight to continue the match.

All in all, just an absolute awesome night.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Madvillian » Mon May 10, 2010 8:57 am

fatallylost wrote:

I think I saw you, talking to Bonham after the show, yeah? I overheard him saying something about coming all the way from Washington. Or, Jon Ian I get them confused a lot.

yeah, kikrusher99 was talking to Jon Ian about that, I was hanging out still, we saw you to but you were on the opposite side of the ring. This show was definantly worth coming down for, hopefully we can make it again soon. At one point we were talking to Excaliber and he made mention that we were the guys that came down from WA, and we were like hell yeah Excaliber knows us. from the boards. We had hella fun, got some cool pictures withsome guys. After intermission when we we're getting blunted in the parking lot, I was getting a picture with Scott Lost, and he says something like,"you gonna wash your shirt? you kinda smell like something". I didn't know if he was talking shirt or poking fun. All in all it was another great PWG experience, can't wait for the next one! will post some pics when I get home,leaving Reseda now.
Madvillian

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Mon May 10, 2010 10:22 am

All i have to say about last night's show was Goodtime being thrown in the crowd and landing on all those chairs was fucking insane.....He jumped over a couple rows of people..He could have seriously injured himself..
ESPINOZA316

Postby fatallylost » Mon May 10, 2010 10:46 am

My highlight was after the main event, I was the guy London pointed at. I didn't even know it at first. What luck I wore my Londrick shirt that night! Hah.

Also got my picture with the best wrestler in the world today. Sweet Chucky T!
fatallylost

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum