Paul London and Brian Kendrick shoot interview

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Paul London and Brian Kendrick shoot interview

Postby El Asian » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:57 am

I think I'm getting high just watching the preview

http://highspots.tv/london-kendrick-sho ... w-preview/
El Asian

Re: Paul London and Brian Kendrick shoot interview

Postby OSKMIA » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:40 am

I think I just saw the greatest shoot interview preview of all time!!! lol
OSKMIA

Postby Meltman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:37 pm

Wow, wow, wow. That's amazing. I've only watched 3-4 shoots in my life but goddamn, that looks like it needs to be seen.

I laughed out loud at like 5 lines in that.

PWG, please book these guys as a duo from now on. I'd pay good money for some promos.
Meltman

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:33 am

That shoot interview looks amazing
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby UGotJealousEyes » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:19 pm

The Queen of Space is always immensely entertaining, this was a great find.

I hope we see these two together in PWG again in the future.

Their match against The Bucks at Kurt Russellreunion was great.
UGotJealousEyes

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:52 am

This is hilarious, this makes me wanna buy some shoot videos from them
Souf Centrol

Postby El Asian » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:15 pm

some info for what's going to be discussed in the shoot
Travel through Time & Space with Brian Kendrick & Paul London in this most Excellent Adventure!

It was quite an experience to sit down with "The" Brian Kendrick and the "Intrepid Traveler" Paul London for their first ever shoot interview. They talk at great length about their careers with insight into the inner-workings of Ring of Honor, Zero One, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, UPW and other top independent promotions they worked their way through en route to WWE.

This interview is also an inside look at the politics and policies faced by two rebellious young wrestlers trying to make their mark in the business the love. They talk at great length about the challenges they've faced, obstacles they've had to overcome and give shocking never before heard insight into the inner-workings of WWE.

When was the last time, according to Shane McMahon, that he truly cared about a tag-team? And how does it feel to hear that knowing you're currently one-half of the WWE Tag-Team Champions?! How hard is it for a free spirit to fit into the locker room? How deep are the political games? Who does favors for whom? And just what does someone have to do to get the push from the office? These are just some of the issues addressed fearlessly by London and Kendrick in what might be the most open shoot interview ever conducted by Highspots.

Both London and Kendrick have a clear and present passion for the wrestling business and talk at great length about the benefits of pro wrestling, the positive friends they've made, amazing experiences they've had on the road and the incredible journey both men took on their path to stardom. Hear all about their excellent adventures in the first ever shoot interview with Paul London and Brian Kendrick!

Topics discussed include:

* How did they meet? How quickly did their relationship develop? Did they click right away?
* Both give their take on training at the Texas Wrestling Academy
* Early memories of the likes of Bryan Danielson and Michael Shane
* The importance of traveling on the independent circuit and sacrifices they both made to get their names out there in the public eye.
* Kendrick talks at length about his time in Memphis under one of the original WWF developmental deals in 2000, training with the likes of William Regal, Bobby Eaton and Tracy Smothers.
* Both talk about life on the independent circuit, how to go from being in a stand-by match to working your way into main events and both detail key events in their independent careers like matches against Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, American Dragon, Low Ki and more.
* Both share many memories of wrestling in Japan for Zero One, including some never before insight into the Japanese night life and some of the trouble that gaijins get into after hours!
* The differences between the independents and WWE and how tough it is to adapt.
* How to earn respect in the locker room
* Shocking revelations about the inner-workings of the office - How much attention did they get from head writers and Vince McMahon? How hard is it to get an idea or angle pushed through? Which agents are the most helpful and who are the most detrimental? Why were they never officially called the Hooliganz, and other ideas they pitched that never went anywhere. Including the stunning revelation direct from Shane McMahon's mouth about how long its been since the office cared about tag-teams. You will be shocked when they talk about learning more than six months into a WWE Tag-Team Title reign how long it had been since Vince had actually watched one of their matches.
* Find out what 80's sitcom Brian compares WWE to.
* Brian talks in-depth about his time spent training under Chris Benoit and offers new insight into Benoit's personality never before documented on tape
* Paul offers tips on how to NOT be killed by Hardcore Holly.
* The insane training and diet when traveling with the likes of Hardcore Holly and Chris Benoit.
* Paul compares Vince McMahon to Rumpelstiltskin.
* Paul also gives a chronological beat-by-beat account of everything that transpired with himself, Matt Hardy and Ashley Massaro. This is by far the most detailed account of their backstage "love triangle" that's ever been given on film as Paul details the entire story from his perspective.
* Their experiences in "Wrestler's Court"
* Thoughts on virtually every tag-team they faced including MNM, Deuce 'n' Domino, Highlanders, Cade and Murdoch, Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes, Haas and Benjamin, William Regal and Dave Taylor.
* Thoughts on major WWE stars like HHH, Undertaker, Randy Orton, John Cena, Batista
* The night Brian Kendrick relieved himself off a hotel balcony onto the band Air Supply
* Where did "The" Brian Kendrick come from? How hard was it to get the gimmick off the ground?
* Where did Brian want the "perfect partner" angle on Raw to go?
* The circumstances of Brian's release and his initial thoughts on TNA so far.
* Paul talks about the "Hybrid Dolphins" and what inspired the famous interview.
* What does the future hold and what are both most excited about in the future?

These is also without a doubt the quirkiest shoot interview ever filmed by Highspots as the conversation with both men often goes in a dozen different directions as they discuss their favorite horror movies, preferred methods of execution, favorite discontinued breakfast cereals, outer space, 9/11, favorite conspiracy theories, zoo animals, Japanese sexual culture versus American sexual culture and virtually every other topic under the sun. Nothing is off limits on London & Kendrick's Excellent Adventure!

honestly, I hope PWG starts referring Kendrick and London as Wyld Stallyns as their official tag team name plus this obviously
El Asian

Postby CheMateo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Simply stunning. They sound like my kind of company. I have not wanted to see a shoot this badly in a long time. I actually pre-ordered it.
CheMateo

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:59 am

I got the shoot in the mail yesterday, watched disc 1 yesterday and disc 2 today and really enjoyed it. Its a good balance of wrestling and other odd ball topics and if you like to hear about current day wrestlers than I reccomend picking it up.
Garden State Saint

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:19 pm

I'm going to get this, I hope they have some more good shoot videos. I've been lookign for them but none that have todays indy stars like this one
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:25 am

I watched this and recommend it to all of you. Even non-wrestling fans would be entertained by what these guys talk about. The time really flies by.

Watch this.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:11 pm

I really hope they sell the shoot at DDT4 then
El Asian

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:06 pm

El Asian wrote:I really hope they sell the shoot at DDT4 then

That would be awesome but I doubt it
Souf Centrol

Postby jacob_burman » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:

That would be awesome. If they did, it would easily sell out.
jacob_burman

Postby david_baUtista » Sun May 02, 2010 1:08 am

Shoot is really random but that's what makes it entertaining. In the beginning they really talk a lot about how much fun they had in the wrestling business early on, even when they were living on couches and skipping college/work to make 30 hour drives to from San Antonio to Philly to do ROH shows. I enjoyed that more than anything. It actually inspired me to stop posting on this message board and do something with my life. =P

RIP Boner. Not to make light of the man's death but that moment where Kendrick gets his mind blown is effin hilarious.
david_baUtista

Postby CheMateo » Sun May 02, 2010 9:52 pm

david_baUtista wrote:RIP Boner. Not to make light of the man's death but that moment where Kendrick gets his mind blown is effin hilarious.
I also liked London's reaction. While London's reaction is not as animated as Kendrick's, you can still see that London is shocked.

CheMateo

Postby Matt Flash » Wed May 05, 2010 11:30 pm

"So... we need to talk about your masks..." "You like them!?" "You need to get rid of them." "...........................All of them?"

So damn good. And watching this reminds me how much I wished Kendrick's name would've been Leonardo DeSPANKrio.
Matt Flash

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri May 14, 2010 6:40 pm

jacob_burman wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:

That would be awesome. If they did, it would easily sell out.

They had some at DDT4, I bought me one and it is awesome. I had a good time watching it. It makes me wanna buy more shoot videos
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Sat May 15, 2010 1:30 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:It makes me wanna buy more shoot videos

Just remember, if you've started with London/Kendrick then it's all downhill from here.
Meltman

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Sat May 15, 2010 2:59 pm

That shoot interview was awesome and funny the best part was when Kendrick started talking about how the sun isn't hot LMAO
brandenalmostthesmark

Next

Return to General Discussion