Who Will Challenge Joey Ryan On Jan. 7, 2006?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby B3 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:01 pm

i voted Tornado, purely on the belief that joey wins this match no matter who he faces, and this is tornado's best chance for a title shot. Rocky should get a title match without the fan voting before long. i'd like to see both matches before March though.
B3

Postby steven keen » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:52 pm

ROCKY!!! he needs to win guys. come on. tornado is good, but i would rather have Rocky represent PWG than tornado!!!!!

VOTE ROCKY!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
steven keen

Postby urmomsurdad » Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:08 pm

i wanna face that yahooo... i'll get the belt off of him.
all seriousness i've no idea who to vote for.
urmomsurdad

HAIL SABIN

Postby NextMessiah » Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:14 pm

I think Sabin should go for it.. A prime example of a young GREAT wrestler... Better then those other half bits... But what the fuck WHERE IS SUPER DRAGON!!! OR KEVIN STEEN!
NextMessiah

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:34 pm

I like Sabin, but I don't think voting for him(or anyone else at this point) is pointless since he wont win. And to say he's better than "those other half bits" is stupid. Rocky Romero is a much better wrestler than Sabin, as are. Hero, B-Boy, and Sky. Tornado is also as good as Sabin, but neither man is great.
SoCalAndy

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:35 pm

Oh, and Dragon is defending the tag titles with Davey Richards agaisnt Quicksilver and El Generico. Plus Kevin Steen shouldn't get a title shot after losing twice in a row.
SoCalAndy

I apologize for my cousin..

Postby NextMessiah » Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:19 pm

I apologize for my cousin blurting out the Sabin thing on my name... I just made it and he answered this... I did say Chris Sabin but i said in a close tie with Ryan and Tornado... And thank you for informing me on the Super Dragon defense...
NextMessiah

Poll Results

Postby PWG_Silverback » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:26 am

Voting closed at 12:26AM on December 26, 2005 (Get it, 12/26?), and the final standings were:

B-Boy 8% [ 13 ]
Chris Hero 8% [ 14 ]
Rocky Romero 33% [ 53 ]
Chris Sabin 6% [ 11 ]
Scorpio Sky 7% [ 12 ]
Human Tornado 35% [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 160

The full lineup for January 7 will be posted tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who voted!
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Teh Amazing Guru » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:38 am

Wow, I didn't expect Tornado to get as much votes. I knew he was popular but :shock:
Teh Amazing Guru

Postby steven keen » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:51 am

FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
steven keen

Postby evilpaz » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:32 am

Well, I'm a Tornado fan and all, I guess this might be his only shot at the title so I'll give him my full support. Maybe Dragon will come out and drop 2 psycho drivers onto Joey Ryan and give Tornado the upset... you never know.
evilpaz

Postby CheMateo » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:41 pm

I think that Human Tornado is a bad choice. So disappointed that Rocky Romero lost by such a close margin. Nothing against human Tornado and Joey Ryan but I don't think they will mesh well enough to pull off a good world title match. I think that it may make Joey Ryan look like a lame duck champion. Rocky Romero could do a better job putting over Joey Ryan if they want him to be more than just a transitional champion. Well hopefully since Rocky Romero came in a close second he can get a title shot at the next show in January.
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:55 pm

I was surprised at how the vote turned out. Never would have guessed that Scorpio Sky and Chris Sabin would come in last place.

But I have no problem with Joey-Tornado. I think it'll be alot of fun. I remember a good match between them in AWS not to long ago (think they met in WAR too) Tornado is however an odd choice for a title match considering he's never even won a singles match in PWG! (then again first time tag team Generico/Quicksilver are getting a tag title shot at this show) So could be the only way he'd get a shot for a while.

Looking forward to seeing whatelse they announce for this show. I'd like to see Double C Vs. Chris Hero and Rocky Romero Vs. Chris Sabin.
TigerDriver98

Postby Big Joe » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:09 pm

I've given up hope on Joey Ryan. Here's hoping that Tornado kicks him a little too hard in the balls and he has to retire because of it.
Big Joe

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:55 pm

I'm really not digging this. Tornado is a good wrestler, but he's not established enough to even be considered a credible threat to Joey. The only real positive I see coming from this is the crowd heat. The crowd hates Joey, and love Tornado. They will obviously be behind him and eat up all his comedy spots and he can take brutal bumps. Rocky was the best choice, and it sucks that he lost. Oh well, it could be worse. Atleast it's not CM Punk or Donovan Morgan.

But with Rocky losing, it opens up the possibility of seeing him against Hero or B-Boy, or maybe even Sabin. The matches that could be booked for the show have a lot of potential to be awesome. Thrown in Claudio into the mix and the rest of the locals this show could be extremely solid.
SoCalAndy

Postby Rish To The Rosh » Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:14 pm

Boo! :(

But, I guess this opens up a Romero/Sabin match that be great! Don't disappoint me, PWG...
Rish To The Rosh

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:20 pm

I have a friend who's gonna totally flip because he's turning into a big Tornado fan. So I placed the vote for him to get the guy in the match and what do you know. Plus, the more of a chance to see Jade Chung again, the better for me. 8)
Lord Akiyama

Postby evilpaz » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:20 pm

I predict a PWG MOTYC. No lie.

We're gonna see a Tornado that we've never seen before.
evilpaz

Postby Mac Machine » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:06 am

Well, I voted for Rocky, but I don't think you guys are giving this one a chance. So maybe he's never won a singles match, but since almost the start of PWG he has been one of the most over guys in the company and along with Topgun and such hasn't gotten a realy chance to shine in a singles situation. Match wize, I think it is a better pairing then Joey vs. a Large former star. Joey can really get an advantage and really work him over.

Also, not that it really counts but, Tornado is the champ of the second biggest fed in Socal AWS and has done a great job at being that champ.
Mac Machine

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum