DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Opening Round Matches!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 takes place on Sunday, May 9! Competitors Announced!

Postby Madvillian » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:13 pm

Just announced special appearance by Kikrusher99 & Madvillian all the way from Olympia, WA. Not since Kurt Russellreunion or maybe even Threemendous II has the PWG Universe been as together as it will be at DDT4 2010. Who's down for a message board blunt session?
Madvillian

Postby Evilguest » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:24 pm

YAY! Glad you will be joining us.
Evilguest

Postby fatallylost » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:25 pm

I think I know who'll win DDT4 now!
fatallylost

Postby b2u » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:48 pm

Madvillian wrote:Just announced special appearance by Kikrusher99 & Madvillian all the way from Olympia, WA. Not since Kurt Russellreunion or maybe even Threemendous II has the PWG Universe been as together as it will be at DDT4 2010. Who's down for a message board blunt session?

ill bring three optimos.
b2u

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:02 pm

CheMateo wrote:
DjEn3rgy21 wrote:So if PWG is working with Dragon Gate on this one, anyone think it's possible if PAC might make it out for a match??? I know I said he was working it and if some of the guys are coming out I hope PAC is a surprise as well.
I doubt it if these visa rumors are indeed true. If PAC was going to be on the show they would advertise it instead of springing it as a surprise.

Well think about it, there have been a lot of surprises in PWG already, and they tend to add a great WTF to the show. Like when Cabana returned, we didn't know he was going to be there, he just was, same thing at Kurt Russellreunion when London/Kendrick reunited. It adds more to the show. And with people thinking oh well he's not going to be there because of so and so and then bam he's there would add such a great highlight.

From what I've read PAC hasn't been around in quite a bit. Just like Steen when he returned, it would be great to showcase the roster there.

The sound of a surprise guest, kinda takes away from the mystery of the night. Sometimes you need someone there to make everyone go, damn I should have been there that must have been nuts!!!! Next time I gotta go!

Speaking as a fan it has pushed me to showing up more. I've only missed a few shows but those I do miss that are good make me definitely want to make it to the next ones. Sometimes thats brilliant marketing.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Tarfoo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:41 am

Was there any post-match indication at Titannica that London and Generico could/would be teaming up in near future? It would make their uniting seem less random.

And what we need is some backstage/in-ring promos for this show and DVD. Everything can't be just given a reasoning via write-ups, goddamnit! :cry:
Tarfoo

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:54 am

Tarfoo wrote:Was there any post-match indication at Titannica that London and Generico could/would be teaming up in near future? It would make their uniting seem less random.

London put Generico over on the mic, and then spoke spanish to the crowd. So they seemed to reconcile.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:16 am

Madvillian wrote:Just announced special appearance by Kikrusher99 & Madvillian all the way from Olympia, WA. Not since Kurt Russellreunion or maybe even Threemendous II has the PWG Universe been as together as it will be at DDT4 2010. Who's down for a message board blunt session?

Hell yeah bro, you know what it is

b2u wrote:ill bring three optimos.

Don't play lol

We should all meet up before the show and blaze. I know I'm trying to get in line early. Key word trying lol
Souf Centrol

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:21 am

Souf Centrol wrote:
Don't play lol

We should all meet up before the show and blaze. I know I'm trying to get in line early. Key word trying lol

*Insert Stereotype joke here* lol ^

Hell if thats the case on a Session, we all should bring some peace pipes haha
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Meltman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:28 am

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
CheMateo wrote:
DjEn3rgy21 wrote:So if PWG is working with Dragon Gate on this one, anyone think it's possible if PAC might make it out for a match??? I know I said he was working it and if some of the guys are coming out I hope PAC is a surprise as well.
I doubt it if these visa rumors are indeed true. If PAC was going to be on the show they would advertise it instead of springing it as a surprise.

Well think about it, there have been a lot of surprises in PWG already, and they tend to add a great WTF to the show. Like when Cabana returned, we didn't know he was going to be there, he just was, same thing at Kurt Russellreunion when London/Kendrick reunited. It adds more to the show. And with people thinking oh well he's not going to be there because of so and so and then bam he's there would add such a great highlight.

From what I've read PAC hasn't been around in quite a bit. Just like Steen when he returned, it would be great to showcase the roster there.

The sound of a surprise guest, kinda takes away from the mystery of the night. Sometimes you need someone there to make everyone go, damn I should have been there that must have been nuts!!!! Next time I gotta go!

If PAC were to show up he would be one of the top announcements, not a surprise. PWG knows he sells tickets, they wouldn't keep it to themselves with PAC's star power and value.

I'd say until you see his name on a DGUSA show taking place in the US, PAC in PWG will remain a pipe dream. No way it's not a flight issue.
Meltman

Postby CheMateo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:41 am

TigerDriver98 wrote:As for who will win DDT4, I hope it's the Bucks. The title chase should go on a little longer. Maybe ending in a tag team Guerrilla Warfare, or cage match at the Anniversary show (which has no obvious main event at the moment).
I don't want the Bucks to win but it does make perfect sense and will help build up their heel heat. Plus I would love to see the Bucks pay for their sins in the first ever tag team Guerrilla Warfare match (they got great work ethic so you know they will deliver the goods) or tag cage match. The question is, who will be the team that sets their sights on abolishing the Bucks?
CheMateo

Postby Meltman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:46 am

There IS a chance the Bucks don't win the tournament but also don't lose the belts. A DQ loss or something. It would be lame but also doable.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:56 am

as for Pac, PWG does have some non-tournament matches to announce and with Davey Richards not available plus this a day after the DGUSA show in Canada, so PWG could announce him later on
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:08 am

That's actually very true. They could be working things out as we talk about this even.

Also to what El Asian said, is it possible we get more DG guys for non-tournament matches?
Meltman

Postby CheMateo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 am

I hope that we can a little more DG participation for a non-tournament match. I have wanted PWG to bring in BxB Hulk and Mochizuki for a long time now and this could be a good opportunity for it.
CheMateo

Postby cobystag » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:39 am

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
CheMateo wrote:
DjEn3rgy21 wrote:Well think about it, there have been a lot of surprises in PWG already, and they tend to add a great WTF to the show. Like when Cabana returned, we didn't know he was going to be there, he just was, same thing at Kurt Russellreunion when London/Kendrick reunited. It adds more to the show. And with people thinking oh well he's not going to be there because of so and so and then bam he's there would add such a great highlight.

I'm not trying to intentionally ruin your opinion, but both of those examples you gave aren't valid.

Cabana was released by WWE the day before the PWG show so they wouldn't have been able to advertise him at all.

London/Kendrick reunited solely due to Chuck Taylor not being able to get a flight out to California.

It took bad luck for the surprises you mentioned, not forth-right planning to try and surprise the PWG audience.
cobystag

Postby JAG » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:40 pm

CheMateo wrote:
TigerDriver98 wrote:As for who will win DDT4, I hope it's the Bucks. The title chase should go on a little longer. Maybe ending in a tag team Guerrilla Warfare, or cage match at the Anniversary show (which has no obvious main event at the moment).
I don't want the Bucks to win but it does make perfect sense and will help build up their heel heat. Plus I would love to see the Bucks pay for their sins in the first ever tag team Guerrilla Warfare match (they got great work ethic so you know they will deliver the goods) or tag cage match. The question is, who will be the team that sets their sights on abolishing the Bucks?

The Young Bucks had a TLC in a Cage match at the AWS outdoor area in Dec 07 (I think) against either the Cutlers or Ballad Brothers. They had an amazing match with spots off the cage and the roof. The only thing i hated about the match was it was outdoors and at night and the lighting was rough. they only had a spot light on the match for the hard camera to pick up unlike the four lights in pwg. The Young Bucks are an amazing tag team that will deliever a memorable guerrilla warfare tag team or cage match. Id love cheering for them on their way up, now I love cheering against them to get knocked off the top.
JAG

Postby JAG » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:42 pm

CheMateo wrote:I hope that we can a little more DG participation for a non-tournament match. I have wanted PWG to bring in BxB Hulk and Mochizuki for a long time now and this could be a good opportunity for it.

The first DDT4 had some sweet DG participation, I'd like to see that again. Just its unlikely to see that much DG participation this year compared to the first since the first DDT4 was 2 nights and this years is only 1 night
JAG

Postby jacob_burman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:00 pm

El Asian wrote:as for Pac, PWG does have some non-tournament matches to announce and with Davey Richards not available plus this a day after the DGUSA show in Canada, so PWG could announce him later on

why isn't Davey going to make the show?
jacob_burman

Postby CheMateo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:33 pm

JAG wrote:The Young Bucks had a TLC in a Cage match at the AWS outdoor area in Dec 07 (I think) against either the Cutlers or Ballad Brothers. They had an amazing match with spots off the cage and the roof. The Young Bucks are an amazing tag team that will deliever a memorable guerrilla warfare tag team or cage match. Id love cheering for them on their way up, now I love cheering against them to get knocked off the top.
Yup, I have seen that match and that's why I know it can be a doozy.

JAG wrote:The first DDT4 had some sweet DG participation, I'd like to see that again. Just its unlikely to see that much DG participation this year compared to the first since the first DDT4 was 2 nights and this years is only 1 night
Agreed, that was a lot of fun. The pre-show antics and Stalker in general was tons of fun. Considering Davey is out that leaves room for at least one non-tournament match with Hulk & Mochizuki. I know I should not get my hopes up but it is just nice wishful thinking.

jacob_burman wrote:why isn't Davey going to make the show?
Davey will be working the New Japan Super J Tag Team Tournament the weekend of DDT 4.
CheMateo

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum