Audio

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Audio

Postby fatallylost » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:59 pm

I swear I saw this somewhere, but, can't find it.

The last few days I've (finally) been watching my PWG DVDs. Starting with Life During Wartime, up to (currently watching) Ninety Nine.

I noticed that the commentary audio tends to just completely blow, volume wise. Excalibur is almost always loud, and clear, but, the guest commentary tends to be very low, if even audible. (see Hero's commentary on the 6 man opener on 99)

I know it's not any kind of revelation, on my part. But, that kind of stuff seems like it'd be the easiest stuff to fix/correct, depending on how they record it.

Anyway, just wanted to vent it, a little, as it makes watching the DVDs at 3am hard due to the difference from the silence, to Excalibur's louder excited moments.
fatallylost

Re: Audio

Postby shettler » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:34 am

It has improved over the last few dvds that I've seen (BOLA and one or two before). This was a complaint of mine as well, but it seems that it has been taken care of. In fact, if I remember right, Excalibur actually tells some of the guest commentators to put the mic up to their mouth so that we can hear better.
shettler

Postby deadmandevilman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:10 pm

thats good the hear that they are doing better, cause fatally lost is right man, on some dvds it just sounds like whispers. They need to get an audio guy!
deadmandevilman

Postby Meltman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:47 pm

Guest audio's gotten much better since around Threemendous II. They've pretty much perfected it at this point. Which is good because there's some hilarious lines from guest commentators.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:56 pm

I usually watch them without the commentary, I like to hear the crowd
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:16 pm

Meltman wrote:Guest audio's gotten much better since around Threemendous II. They've pretty much perfected it at this point. Which is good because there's some hilarious lines from guest commentators.

I'm not sure which shows are "perfected" for you. I'm at DDT4 from 09, and a good portion of the guests are ok, but, there is still a lot you can't hear.
fatallylost

Postby deadmandevilman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:36 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:I usually watch them without the commentary, I like to hear the crowd

I do like how that is an option for the DVD's. I don't buy other companies DVD's, but its awesome to just hear the wrestlers banter and the crowd's reaction.
deadmandevilman

Postby fatallylost » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:42 pm

deadmandevilman wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:I usually watch them without the commentary, I like to hear the crowd

I do like how that is an option for the DVD's. I don't buy other companies DVD's, but its awesome to just hear the wrestlers banter and the crowd's reaction.

Yeah, I didn't notice it at first, cause I had it on in the background. But, I noticed at one point no one was talking.
fatallylost

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Yeah the only problem with listening to the crowd is I miss some hilarious shit. The ones I did hear were when it sounded like davey was drunk cuz he kept talking like hulk hogan with a lot of yeah brothers.

The other one that stands out was tornado on the commentary and he kept saying "that nygga dead" and my mouth dropped to the floor. It was hilarious, they just kept going like he didn't say anything
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:24 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:Yeah the only problem with listening to the crowd is I miss some hilarious shit. The ones I did hear were when it sounded like davey was drunk cuz he kept talking like hulk hogan with a lot of yeah brothers.

The other one that stands out was tornado on the commentary and he kept saying "that nygga dead" and my mouth dropped to the floor. It was hilarious, they just kept going like he didn't say anything

I think it was Davey, and I want to say Joey. That was some funny shit. The pop for the sleep hold had me rolling.
fatallylost

Postby Meltman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:44 pm

Haha, yeah, PWG does not hold back. The monkey/Jun Kasai/Tornado quote from last year proves that.
Meltman

Postby talley_1986 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:15 pm

Some shows aren't too bad, while others are so bad that you might as well just turn off the commentary. However, even with the worst ones, I'd rather have that than the old post-production commentary. It's hard to hear the crowd with most of the older shows. I really wish ROH would start doing live commentary, their current commentary tracks are horribly quiets the crowd.
talley_1986

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum