What are you watching?

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Re: What are you watching?

Postby slasher911 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:09 am

Right now I'm splitting my time between Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Boston Legal, Over There, Scrubs and Rescue Me. Still waiting for The Shield and Entourage to come back, goddamn it.
slasher911

Postby WannaB » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:40 pm

slasher911 wrote:Right now I'm splitting my time between Lost, Battlestar Galactica...

The world could use more people with your taste in television.
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:18 am

Dusty old thread.

What's good these days? I've been watching more movies than television. The only two shows that I'm into right now are Dexter and Sons of Anarchy. I'm working my way through the first season of SOA on DVD. I don't want it to end. I'm going to have a long wait til season two is out.
CheMateo

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:42 am

I've been watching Dr. Who and this show on the History channel called Gangland. I started watching Dr. Who on Netflix as they have it streaming. Gangland has been cool and covered a lot of big time gangs like MS-13, The Mongols and Aryan Brotherhood.
Dr.Gonzo

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:28 am

Gangland is cool, but all the Biker gangs have the exact same symbols, sayings and conduct, so it is like they are just re-skinning them for each episode.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby musdy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:13 pm

LOST
Chuck Season 2
Dexter Season 4
musdy

Postby CheMateo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:12 am

El Hijo del Generico wrote:Gangland is cool, but all the Biker gangs have the exact same symbols, sayings and conduct, so it is like they are just re-skinning them for each episode.
Haha, you're right about the bikers. I've seen a couple about some OMGs and I don't even remember their names. All I remember is how proud they were of their 1%er patch. A friend recently recommended a book about the Mexican Mafia called "The Black Hand". Have you guys seen an episode of Gangland that covered La Eme?

musdy wrote:Dexter Season 4
Where are you at in season four?
CheMateo

Postby musdy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:13 pm

musdy wrote:Dexter Season 4
Where are you at in season four?[/quote]
I've only seen the first episode but I will get back to it eventually.
musdy

Postby CheMateo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Please feel free to chat about Dexter. I really enjoyed the past season and would love to talk about it again.

Anyone going to check out Justified? It is a new series that premieres on FX tonight at ten. I saw a brief clip and it didn't exactly win me over. But I do see Cletus Van Damme is on the show so I'm required to check it out regardless.
CheMateo

Postby musdy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:58 pm

CheMateo wrote:Please feel free to chat about Dexter. I really enjoyed the past season and would love to talk about it again.

Anyone going to check out Justified? It is a new series that premieres on FX tonight at ten. I saw a brief clip and it didn't exactly win me over. But I do see Cletus Van Damme is on the show so I'm required to check it out regardless.

How does season 4 compare to the first three??
musdy

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:01 am

CheMateo wrote:A friend recently recommended a book about the Mexican Mafia called "The Black Hand". Have you guys seen an episode of Gangland that covered La Eme?
Great book btw, you should enjoy it. They probably have. It is the biggest gang in California. I tried to check the episode guide but they didn't have a synopsis of each episode, just a description of the show. I'll keep looking but I think it's safe to assume that they covered the Mexican Mafia. If they've covered MS-13 then they must have covered MM.

musdy wrote:How does season 4 compare to the first three??
I know you're not asking me but I thought it was really good. Better than the last 3 seasons in my opinion.
Dr.Gonzo

Postby CheMateo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:15 pm

musdy wrote:How does season 4 compare to the first three??
I don't really want to taint your viewing experience. But if I must...
Spoiler: show
I thought it was the best season yet. Arthur Mitchell was a great foil. There was so much that I loved that came out of this past season. Although I did see the ending coming. John Lithgow said that he is grateful that he is not a writer on the series since he can't even begin to imagine how they can top this season.
CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:16 pm

Forgot to add, I'm really liking Justified so far. Although it appears no one here is watching it. I think it will be another solid series from FX. FX is certainly my favorite basic cable channel for original programming right now.
CheMateo

Postby Meltman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Archer is an amazing show, as far as FX. That's like the only thing I watch.

Also check out The Life & Times of Tim. It's running season 2 right now on HBO. Hilarious cartoon.
Meltman

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:27 am

Spartacus on starz. Awesome show
ESPINOZA316

Postby Colt Banana » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:39 pm

The Wire season 3
Colt Banana

Postby OSKMIA » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:39 pm

I've been watching reruns of the show Oz on the 101 network lately. It's super addicting...
OSKMIA

Postby CheMateo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:25 pm

Colt Banana wrote:The Wire season 3
Excellent. One of my favorite shows of all time.

OSKMIA wrote:I've been watching reruns of the show Oz on the 101 network lately. It's super addicting...
I finally started watching this show too. I always saw bits and pieces when it originally aired but could not watch it regularly since I didn't have HBO. I finally found out how Harold Perrineau's character ended up in a wheelchair. I'd forgotten how many familiar actors were on the show like Ernie Hudson, J.K. Simmons, Rita Moreno, B.D. Wong etc.
CheMateo

Postby OSKMIA » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:56 pm

CheMateo wrote:
OSKMIA wrote:I've been watching reruns of the show Oz on the 101 network lately. It's super addicting...

I finally started watching this show too. I always saw bits and pieces when it originally aired but could not watch it regularly since I didn't have HBO. I finally found out how Harold Perrineau's character ended up in a wheelchair. I'd forgotten how many familiar actors were on the show like Ernie Hudson, J.K. Simmons, Rita Moreno, B.D. Wong etc.

Yeah the all star cast is what attracted me to the show. I specially like Dean Winter's character Ryan O'Reily.
OSKMIA

Postby CheMateo » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:29 pm

How far along are you in Oz?
CheMateo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion