Nor Cal Show?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Nor Cal Show?

Postby NorCalPWGFan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:37 pm

PLEASE I Beg of you come to Northern California! I love PWG to death my wife bought me the best of DVD and since then have bought Card Subject To Change and Pre Ordering Kurtrustle Mania and looking at other DVDS. But wife and kid and lack of money makes a drive to LA for a wrestling show(as awesome as it is) and a possible hotel is impossible. I would love to see PWG branch out and try a show in Northern California.

Thoughts? Am a dumbass is there a reason why not? Is there one in the loop? What do you guys think of a nor cal show!
NorCalPWGFan

Re: Nor Cal Show?

Postby david_baUtista » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:28 pm

I feel you.. I used to live in the LA area and attended PWG shows pretty regularly between All Star Weekend 5 and Life During Wartime. For strictly selfish reasons, I agree with you and would love to see PWG shows in the Bay Area. But I know running a wrestling promotion can't be the easiest thing to do, so I'm not holding my breath.. =/
david_baUtista

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Yeah I doubt they run a north cali show, probably too many expenses and for selfish reasons I don't want them to lol
Souf Centrol

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:04 pm

I live by Fresno. And I drove down for the last two shows.

Reseda is super easy to get to from the North. Why don't you just drive down?
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Because of his wife and kid, which is understandable.
Souf Centrol

Postby OSKMIA » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:45 pm

No. I agree with Souf Centrol, it's mostly because of selfish reasons. Sorry.

No I'm just kidding, but seriously though, PWG is based in Southern California. It would be kind of weird seeing a PWG show in Nor Cal. I'd feel like they would be stepping into APW territory or something like that. lol
OSKMIA

Postby jdrouskirsh » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:32 am

El Hijo del Generico wrote:I live by Fresno. And I drove down for the last two shows.

Reseda is super easy to get to from the North. Why don't you just drive down?

if you live by fresno it is, but not if you live in the bay area... but yeah, i would love for PWG show to run a show somewhere in the bay area
jdrouskirsh

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:27 am

They would have to spend a lot on promotion, and the regulars would have to get hotels booked instead of just driving back home. I don't think its cost effective.

In the meantime, Nor Cal fans lets get together for the next show. Possible rent a Van?
BayAreaPWGFan

Postby SundownMotel » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:41 pm

I live in San Jose and I've been able to make nine shows since Express Written Consent. Now I'm moving to LA and I'll be pretty bummed if they do a NorCal show. There's always PWR and APW, buddy!
SundownMotel

Postby theBZA » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:15 pm

Bay Area > Fresno. If I had to pick I'd say Bay Area for sure just bcecause I love San Fran. I know PWG is so-cal based but it'd be coo to see up north.
theBZA

Postby deadmandevilman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:05 pm

PWG could pull a profit if they cross promote, assuming there are there shows in the bay area that draw the usual 500 - 700 wrestling fans. Nor Cal dudes, what is the wrestling scene up there like? I spent my entire child hood up there and never heard of any indy promotions until i got to college
deadmandevilman

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:07 pm

theBZA wrote:Bay Area > Fresno. If I had to pick I'd say Bay Area for sure just bcecause I love San Fran. I know PWG is so-cal based but it'd be coo to see up north.

I wasn't saying Fresno was awesome or they should do a show up here. Just that I live far away and the drive isn't too bad, because it is pretty much the I-5 most of the way.

And a show in NorCal would then get the thread of SoCal fans complaining.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby NorCalPWGFan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:12 pm

I live in Stockton which is like 20 min from Sac haha im WAY north and the indy scene here is dull APW I never liked cause of Rollands crap and everyelse is far going to try SPW in Sac in April but just love PWG one day I will convince the wife LOL She thinks its silly to drive 5 hours for a wrestling show. But ONE day I will sneak down for PWG.
NorCalPWGFan

Postby deadmandevilman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:45 pm

NorCalPWGFan wrote:I live in Stockton which is like 20 min from Sac haha im WAY north and the indy scene here is dull APW I never liked cause of Rollands crap and everyelse is far going to try SPW in Sac in April but just love PWG one day I will convince the wife LOL She thinks its silly to drive 5 hours for a wrestling show. But ONE day I will sneak down for PWG.

I went to college in Rohnert Park, so I caught some SPW shows when they promoted out of Petaluma with the PUNKSlam shows. Do you ever go to SPW? I think I saw Von Eerie on one of her first matches
deadmandevilman

Postby kikrusher99 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:51 pm

I feel you guys. I wish PWG held shows in the American Legion Hall here in Olympia, WA. A 20+ hour drive isn't that bad though.

For those guys in Nor Cal, if you can, make the drive. You'll be happy you did. 8)
kikrusher99

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum