Malachi Jackson

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Malachi Jackson

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:39 pm

Is there any wrestler as controversial as he is in PWG? It seems like a whole lot of people hate on him, and based on his silly pants they would be justified.

On Saturday when he worked heel with Ryan Taylor, he seemed to do better, to have a bit of an edge, and it was the first time I think I enjoyed his match. I saw some potential.

So what's the deal? Is he beyond help? Can he be rebuilt? Do I just think more people hate on him than really do? What needs to change?
El Hijo del Generico

Re: Malachi Jackson

Postby PWGnorthern » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:46 pm

he seems pretty talented and can do all the flips anyone else could do, I dont think ive ever seen a 450 arm drag before I seen him do it on a DVD. Was this the same kindof reaction Matt & Nick got when they first came into PWG? I would have no idea
PWGnorthern

Postby El Asian » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:49 pm

personally, I always thought Malachi would be perfect to have a Trial Series where he takes on guys Kevin Steen, Necro Butcher, Eddie Kingston, Roderick Strong, Alex Shelley, and some others, basically squash matches but also a perfect way for PWG to debut Brodie Lee or Masada as well
El Asian

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:44 pm

The guy isn't bad at all. He has a lot of potential based on the things he can do in the ring. However, with that being said, the thing that detracts me from him is that he's really sloppy in the ring sometimes and it hurts because there's been many a time where his botches kinda kill the mood the match is in at that point. I think that if he becomes crisper with his moves in the ring, then he should be fine.
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:27 am

I like malachi, of course he can get better which I think he will. I like him as heel, hopefully him and taylor tag at DDT4
Souf Centrol

Postby nonhipster » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:50 am

Ha. This post read my mind. I think the dude can and will improve with time but, honestly, I do not think he is ready to be a PWG regular. It may be best to get some ring time in some other indies before he gets thrown to the wolves.

His stuff is a little spotty and he seems to lack some confidence. But I do think he could out shine his brothers if he works hard and gets some new fucking gear.
nonhipster

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:39 am

He's actually got a lot better since he first arrived, too many people bitch about it already. He's improved a lot. I love his flipping cutter. And he's going the heel route, not a bad way to go, if you can get people to hate you enough, that means in no time you'll learn to make people love you.

The only thing he needs is to get rid of those tights lol like the ones that look like bad 70s curtains or his bedazzled shorts. All in all, I enjoy his matches more and more. He's kicking ass and doing some major things in front of crowds making them notice.

We can't just start judging from the get go when they are new to our world. He will soon grow into a favorite just like the rest. So far, I'm impressed each time I see him how much better he gets.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:16 am

malachi's gonna kill you!!!!
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:33 am

Honest opinion on Malachi:

I think he'd be nowhere near PWG if not for his brothers. BUT I do think he's improved a ton since debuting, and at this point it's worth keeping him around. He's a bit too over-eager with flips but if he paces himself and learns the basics some more, he could become a valuable asset to the promotion.

For now though, let him hone his craft some more in openers. Maybe have him face some debuting guys.
Meltman

Postby camstun187 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:42 am

I love his flipping little stunner move, and think he's good for opening match roles and the like.

Maybe one day he'll be the breakout SINGLES buck!
camstun187

Postby CheMateo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:00 am

Malachi is too green. He is sloppy and does unnecessary flips. Personally, I think 450 into an armdrag is just ridiculous. Malachi needs to tone down the zest, not everything requires flips. I think Malachi should gain more experience wrestling elsewhere and refine his moveset.
CheMateo

Postby fatallylost » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:32 am

I agree with most people here. Last Saturday was far above what I've seen of him so far. But, his debut match, holy shit was he just awful!

Maybe it is being a heel that helps, or, he's just gotten better from some more experience, but he does still need new gear. Now that the Bucks are using the GenMe stuff, maybe he can borrow some?
fatallylost

Postby Matt Flash » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:21 pm

Nothing he does is believable. I don't care if he does a million flips in a match. Jack Evans made and makes it work. Malachi still looks like a goofy kid, about 16 years old, and even when he does something impactful (His charging forearm on LTP to start the match at As The Worm Turns) it's immediately let down when he does something retarded like a ROARING CHOP. I'm sure he could be a fine wrestler someday, but Jesus Christ, not in PWG and not right now.

He's in Southern California. Would it kill him to wear a mask and hide the fact that he's a pube? It's not like he couldn't still be a Jackson and leech off of his brothers' heat.
Matt Flash

Postby The Dan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:47 pm

Malachi is still ridiculously young, hell he is the same age as me (19), and he'll improve over time. I do agree some of his moves are competely absurd (450 into a armdrag; so much energy wasted lol), but at the same time, he is just trying to be innovative and bust out his variations of moves, and some of them are destined to be misses rather than hits. I don't mind seeing him in the big multi-man matches to start the show though.
The Dan

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:53 pm

450 into an armdrag is innovative, I know I've never seen it until he did it. I might be one of the only malachi fans but I believe he will get better, hell you gotta start somewhere
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:41 pm

I disagree with the wasted energy 450 arm drag comment. C'mon, 80% of wrestling moves are complete wastes of energy, for little outcome.. if we're being practical. Think ANY handspring move. Seriously, what would have more impact? A 200 pound guy splashing you in the corner, or, a 200 pound guy doing some cartwheels, losing momentum, and then a splash? Just sayin.
fatallylost

Postby Evilguest » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:05 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
Can he be rebuilt?

yes, we have the technology
Evilguest

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:19 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:450 into an armdrag is innovative, I know I've never seen it until he did it. I might be one of the only malachi fans but I believe he will get better, hell you gotta start somewhere

Definitely. I'm giving him a chance. But I think he should work heel some more, because he seems to have more of a spark.

And get him in new ring gear. Maybe separate him from his brothers.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby camstun187 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:03 am

Matt Flash wrote:it's immediately let down when he does something retarded like a ROARING CHOP. .

Kenta Kobashi would like to have a word with you, and have it while watching Joe/Kobashi.

:)
camstun187

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:03 am

I was just looking at twitter, and both Malachi and Joey have commented on this thread. The powers above they listen! Let Malachi work heel some more!
El Hijo del Generico

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum