PWG wanted/needed local wrestlers thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG wanted/needed local wrestlers thread

Postby Alex08 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:28 pm

A thread to discuss what locals(only locals) we think or want to be put onto PWG cards.
My list consists of: Johnny Yuma (to team with goodtime to form the rockNES monsters): great character with precise clean moves and can always have a great match.

Willie Mack (to team with LTP to form the Negro division): big man that can always pull a good match out and has a great arsenal of fancy moves, with LTP they could certainly amp up the tag division a lot more.

chimaera: not sure why he hasn't gotten booked yet but he sure can but on great matches and is getting more and more exposure so giving him a try wouldn't hurt.

socal crazy: at this point he's the king of socal wrestling, he's the current AWS heavyweight champion, EWF tag team champion, and Socal Pro heavyweight champion, he puts on great matches and shows a lot of heart and can certainly go with the best.

Aiden Riley: another woman that can put on good matches with women such as Candice and shows lots of charactr whenever shes in the ring.
and anchors away (David e jones and Ryan stone): good addition to the tag team division who put on good matches very often and are great characters that attract heat very well.
Alex08

Re: PWG wanted/needed local wrestlers thread

Postby Meltman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Willie Mack is at the top of my list. Just an incredibly unique look and a moveset you wouldn't expect at all from a guy his size. I think the crowds would go wild if you put Mack in there with some flippy guys and let them do their thing. We need to fulfill this movement and get Milk Chocolate on a PWG card! Plus he just won the M1W Title in Jon Ian's fed. Stand-out characters are a good thing.

I agree with you also on Yuma and Chimaera. Also agreed on The Portal needing to be in DDT4.

One name I'd like to add to your list: "Pretty" Peter Avalon. This dude's shtick is fucking hilarious to me. Pair him with Ryan Taylor or another guy who can play cocky heel and prepare to be entertained.
Meltman

Postby Alex08 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Haha, I completely forgot to add Avalon, dude is a hilarious chickenshit heel that could get
over instantly
Alex08

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:21 pm

agree with those but not too sure with SoCal Crazy, the name just seems indy generic although I have heard good things, maybe if he got a new name or something, I don't know, 2 guys who have been in PWG but are local but not in PWG anymore, Lil' Cholo and, one obvious one, Scorpio Sky, I really hope PWG and Sky resolves whatever issues they had, maybe bring in Biggie Biggz because that guy has worked ring crew for PWG way too long and I wished PWG did something with him, maybe pair him with Peter Avalon because they work really well together

speaking of Peter Avalon, personally I would love to PWG book Avalon as somebody related to Chuck Taylor, maybe his cousin or something because they look alike somewhat
El Asian

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:32 am

My vote goes to the LA Fuckers...them or the Dogs of War...or both. Either way its a definite boost in the tag team division...
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:33 pm

I'd like to see Willie Mack debut. But I do think that PWG should wait a while before flooding the undercard with a ton of new faces though. They seem to have a tough time fitting everyone on to the shows as it is.
TigerDriver98

Postby Meltman » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:42 pm

You're spot-on. I believe Excalibur mentioned months ago in an audio that they were looking to bring more guys, and then something to the effect of what you said.

Out of everyone listed so far though, I think Mack is easily at the top for most/all of us. They've even acknowledged him on commentary. The guy is too good to not book.
Meltman

Postby CheMateo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:07 am

CHARLES MERCURY. Seeing that he has been removed from the roster page really hurts. When his profile was still listed it gave me false hope that he would be back. Now that it's gone :( ....please come back Charles.

I think Mercury can bring some good heel heat to the lower and mid-card at the very least.
CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:43 pm

CheMateo wrote:CHARLES MERCURY. Seeing that he has been removed from the roster page really hurts. When his profile was still listed it gave me false hope that he would be back. Now that it's gone :( ....please come back Charles.

I think Mercury can bring some good heel heat to the lower and mid-card at the very least.

agreed although I do think Charles is gone from the roster was due to some personal issue right? Which is why he had to cancel BOLA I believe

and speaking of local guys PWG need to bring back since they are officially gone from the roster page, Los Luchas
El Asian

Postby CheMateo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:47 pm

I'll gladly back you up on Los Luchas. Those guys were always entertaining and could always get a great reaction from the crowd. I wish Los Luchas got a title run.

I also felt they could have had some entertaining matches with outside talent like MCMG, The Briscoes, and KOW.
CheMateo

Postby PWGnorthern » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:50 pm

yeah I would have liked Los Luchas to stay, I also miss TJ Perkins
PWGnorthern

Postby CheMateo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:52 pm

Forgot to add, that it would still be fun to see Los Luchas mix it up with any of the new local talent. I think Gatson/Goodtime vs Luchas could be barrels of fun.

PWGnorthern wrote:yeah I would have liked Los Luchas to stay, I also miss TJ Perkins
I don't really miss TJ so much as a solo competitor. I miss the awesome duo of TJ Hooker. Too bad Hook retired.
CheMateo

Postby Meltman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Los Luchas... I'll miss them, I really will. But their biggest enemy was unreliability. They definitely would've had a title run if they were more reliable.

The only masked guy on the active roster is Generico now. I remember back in 2005 when like 1/3 of the roster had masks. That's real crazy.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:46 pm

I miss Nemesis more than Los Luchas to be honest. That guy was hilarious in every match of his I saw.
Meltman

Postby CheMateo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:30 pm

I also liked Nemesis. I don't think he should've been dropped completely. It'd be cool if he was booked at least "part-time". But I still miss Luchas more since there was more you could do with them. Nemesis was sort of restricted to lower card comedic antics.
CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:43 pm

I agree with Nemesis, not sure if he's still wrestling though but he'd be nice to have around in PWG again, also I miss Ronin as well, I really wished Ronin was still in PWG when they were booking Charles Mercury, I would've loved PWG put them together

another guy to consider and he did work ring crew during Kurt Russellreunion, Brandon Parker although that does add to a long list of wrestlers named Brandon in PWG
El Asian

Postby CheMateo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:48 pm

Yeah man, I miss Ronin too. Has he retired? Since Scorpio Sky & Ronin is out of the question, I do think Mercury & Ronin could have also made a swell team.
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:50 pm

CheMateo wrote:I don't really miss TJ so much as a solo competitor. I miss the awesome duo of TJ Hooker. Too bad Hook retired.

Same here. I feel bad that I only fully appreciated how awesome the TJ/Hook team was pretty much right before Hook Bomberry left. You really noticed just how much Hook added to TJ Perkins after he had left.

Ah memories...
TigerDriver98

Postby jacob_burman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:53 am

Highly doubtful, but I want to see Joey "KAOS" Munoz. I know he has his own wrestling school, but I always loved that guy and wouldn't mind to see him wrestle again.
jacob_burman

Postby El Asian » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:17 am

well Topgun Talwar wrestled last night against Joey Ryan for some local fed and honestly, I really would love to see Topgun back in PWG again
El Asian

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum