Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby kikrusher99 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:24 pm

Just re-posting my question cuz it was over-looked and it still intrigues me.

Whats with Joey Ryan's picture above "Results" on the home page? Is he in a banana suit? Something more weird?
kikrusher99

Postby Meltman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:40 pm

kikrusher99 wrote:Whats with Joey Ryan's picture above "Results" on the home page? Is he in a banana suit? Something more weird?

Meltman

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Tarfoo wrote:Anyone know who's behind the (absolutewly awesome) PWG theme song and if it's available for download somewhere?

Don't know who is behind it exactly, but here is a version I took off one of the DVDs: http://rapidshare.com/files/81773456/PWG_THEME.MP3.html
TigerDriver98

Postby kikrusher99 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:03 pm

Thanks Meltman. Not as cool as the idea of Joey Ryan wrestling in a banana suit tho.
kikrusher99

Postby Tarfoo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:15 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:
Tarfoo wrote:Anyone know who's behind the (absolutewly awesome) PWG theme song and if it's available for download somewhere?

Don't know who is behind it exactly, but here is a version I took off one of the DVDs: http://rapidshare.com/files/81773456/PWG_THEME.MP3.html

Thanks man, appreciate it.
Tarfoo

Postby Meltman » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:57 am

I thought this was pretty cool.

Excerpt from Brian Kendrick interview:

On The Independent Scene: "For the local California indy wrestlers, it's the show to be on, and it's really fun for me to see the first-time guys who, for them, this exposure is the biggest they have had so far so they want to impress, but also you see nerves. I remember doing my first Super 8 tournament and the King of the Indies, I was pumped back then. I am 30, I have been wrestling for a little over 10 years now, those kinds of things help kill the cynic in me, and help me get excited. I still love the wrestling part of it, when everybody has a goal that concerns their art, not how much money they will make or it, or when jealousy gets involved, but when they just are excited about the moment they are going to be creating there art, that's just the best to me."

Obviously talking about PWG there at the beginning.
Meltman

Postby MegaKnux » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Hey guys, I've noticed a couple of times in the past that on commentary Excalibur will call the Tree of Woe position the "Tree of Joey Lawrence". Excalibur was the only commentator I've heard use this phrase, at least until this Friday on Smackdown during which I heard Matt Striker say the exact same thing during the Mickie James vs Beth Pheonix match. So my question is: Did Excalibur coin the phrase "Tree of Joey Lawrence"? Is it commonly used by other commentators besides him? What is the name in reference to?
MegaKnux

Postby maxx powerz » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:29 pm

From wikipedia, which explains it better than I was going to: "Lawrence followed that up with another hit TV series Blossom from 1991-1995, in which he played the character Joey Russo, a dim-witted young man who frequently uttered the phrase "Whoa!", which due to the success of the show became a national catchphrase in the United States."

So Excalibur used to call it the Tree of Whoa in honor of Joey Lawrence, but I guess he's taken to calling it The Tree of Joey Lawrence. He's the only guy I've ever heard use the phrase, but I don't watch much wrestling outside of the top couple indies, so its not really saying much.
maxx powerz

Postby Meltman » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Excalibur wouldn't steal. The man is a national treasure. It's not unlikely that 2 people would come up with the same joke, but it wouldn't surprise me if Striker stole the line. Nova did use a Curb Stomp in WWE after all.
Meltman

Postby Whoblehwah » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Meltman wrote:Excalibur wouldn't steal. The man is a national treasure. It's not unlikely that 2 people would come up with the same joke, but it wouldn't surprise me if Striker stole the line. Nova did use a Curb Stomp in WWE after all.

Melina also used it a few times. And Paul Burchil, but his version is horrible.
Whoblehwah

Postby Tarfoo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:06 am

Anyone know the current situation of Scorpio Sky? Considering he's booked in the ROH show at WR, one would assume he's ready to return to PWG as well.
Tarfoo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:09 pm

Tarfoo wrote:Anyone know the current situation of Scorpio Sky? Considering he's booked in the ROH show at WR, one would assume he's ready to return to PWG as well.

Not necessarily. Sky doesn't seem interested in returning to PWG for various reasons.
TigerDriver98

Postby JAG » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:10 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:
Tarfoo wrote:Anyone know the current situation of Scorpio Sky? Considering he's booked in the ROH show at WR, one would assume he's ready to return to PWG as well.

Not necessarily. Sky doesn't seem interested in returning to PWG for various reasons.

various reasons such as . . .
JAG

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:28 pm

JAG wrote:
TigerDriver98 wrote:

various reasons such as . . .

http://rapidshare.com/files/341197505/S ... G.mp3.html There is a clip from an Internet radio show Scorpio Sky did several months ago where he talks about what happened with him and PWG.

Judging from that, there kinda seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding on both sides. I think Sky more than earned the right to be put in an angle of some sort, and on the other side, PWG never "trashed" him online as he says they did. But who knows, maybe the truth lies somewhere in between. Hopefully things will work out, and we can see Scorpio Sky back in PWG someday.
TigerDriver98

Postby Meltman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:19 pm

Watch some older PWG...it's amazing how much Davey was elevated in the span of a few months, turning into a star thanks to his team with Super Dragon.

I was thinking how cool it would be if they did something like this again. Like team up a vet without much left to do and a totally new guy. And they turned into one of the best teams around. Nowadays when people talk about Davey they only bring up his solo work or the Wolves, but the SDDR tags remain my favorite matches of his.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:06 pm

Meltman wrote:Watch some older PWG...it's amazing how much Davey was elevated in the span of a few months, turning into a star thanks to his team with Super Dragon.

I was thinking how cool it would be if they did something like this again. Like team up a vet without much left to do and a totally new guy. And they turned into one of the best teams around. Nowadays when people talk about Davey they only bring up his solo work or the Wolves, but the SDDR tags remain my favorite matches of his.

yeah but PWG really doesn't have someone like how RIchards was when he started although for a vet teaming with a younger guy, I always thought when PWG does bring in Marty Jannetty, for some odd reason, I'd Jannetty teaming up with Malachi and take him under his wing

speaking of the Jacksons, with Kendrick no longer with Generation Me/Young Bucks, I think it be perfect to have them a big bodyguard type wrestler, my picks to do that are either Brodie Lee, Masada, a local guy that actually hails from Australia here in SoCal Bobby Jo Marshall, or Abyss to take that TNA connection and give them huge heat for it while Paul London and Brian Kendrick should team up with the Necro Butcher and all themselves the Wellness Policy as a stable and to contrast against Max and Jeremy
El Asian

Postby Tarfoo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:34 am

Wouldn't it be absolutely awesome if Ecalibur started addressing the Reseda crowd as the "PWG Universe"
Tarfoo

Postby Tarfoo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:35 am

An 'edit post' button would be even more awesome.
Tarfoo

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:23 am

TigerDriver98 wrote:http://rapidshare.com/files/341197505/Scorpio_Sky_PWG.mp3.html There is a clip from an Internet radio show Scorpio Sky did several months ago where he talks about what happened with him and PWG.

Judging from that, there kinda seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding on both sides. I think Sky more than earned the right to be put in an angle of some sort, and on the other side, PWG never "trashed" him online as he says they did. But who knows, maybe the truth lies somewhere in between. Hopefully things will work out, and we can see Scorpio Sky back in PWG someday.

Yo I'ma start a download thread so we can post things like this

Tarfoo wrote:Wouldn't it be absolutely awesome if Ecalibur started addressing the Reseda crowd as the "PWG Universe"

Calling us drunk assholes would be even more awesome, I love when he goes off on the crowd
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:56 am

With Tornado's retirement I wonder who'll take his spot on the top panel?

I think Gatson would be a good choice. Name-wise and fame-wise he's picked up quite a lot in the past few months. Would be wise to show off a new talent like that.

Also with the Bucks and Kendrick in TNA I don't know if they can still be up there? I figured since MCMG were never added to the roster page, that sort of thing isn't done. Wonder if we're looking at 4 new faces?
Meltman

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum