Kurt Russellreunion DVD Now Shipping!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Kurt Russellreunion DVD Now Shipping!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla kicked 2010 off with a bang with Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4, and now you have the opportunity to own this tremendous event on DVD! Featuring legendary special guests matched up with your favorite Pro Wrestling Guerrilla wrestlers, this is truly a can't miss event, and it can be yours for an obscenely low price!

Kurt Russellreunion features eight huge matches, including the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks (aka Generation Me, Matt & Nick Jackson) taking on the newly reunited Brian Kendrick and Paul London, Scott Lost and Joey Ryan doing battle with KAI and The Great Muta, former Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion El Generico facing off with Jushin Thunder Liger, and in the main event, Chris Hero, Roderick Strong, and "The Whole F'N Show" Rob Van Dam meet in a three way match, plus much, much more!

Kurt Russellreunion on DVD features every single match from this incredible weekend of professional wrestling, complete with commentary recorded live at the event and more! Kurt Russellreunion on DVD is only $14.99 (plus shipping & handling) and is now in stock and ready to ship at the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Merchandise Page. Order your copy today!
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: Kurt Russellreunion DVD Available for Pre-Order

Postby Meltman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Cannot wait to see this show.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:02 pm

Yeah El Generico vs Liger is worth it alone, but the I liked the whole show. People were talking shit about Gatson until he flipped over the top rope lol
Souf Centrol

Postby kikrusher99 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:28 pm

Great show, well worth my (and madvillian) trip from WA.

Richards vs Steen was good match that was funny as fuck. Muta was sweet, Young Bucks are cock suckers, Generico vs Liger was my MOTN and Hero and Strong gave RVD one hellava PWG welcome. Must buy if you were not their. PWG contiunes to bring the heat. I only wish i was closer than 1000 mi away, i want to go to the next show! :cry:
kikrusher99

Postby camstun187 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:13 am

Fuck anyone who hated on that Gatson/Bonham match...I'm looking forward to seeing a nice little midcard match between those two :)
camstun187

Postby Meltman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:15 am

I wasn't there but by all accounts Bonham/Gatson mainly suffered from having to follow up a killer opener, right?

I'm looking forward to it a lot personally.
Meltman

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:50 pm

I agree. The two Brandons got in after a good opener and I remarked that it hurt them, but I think the crowd warmed to them by the end. The "This is Brandon" chants were awesome.

Generico-Liger was amazing. Having Muta with KAI meant that the match didn't expose Muta for being older and slower, and he still had all his good spots.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Yeah muta walks with a bad limp but he still put on a good show. Anybody that expected more from him has no heart
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:33 pm

Estimated KRM shipping date = late April.

Meltman

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Meltman wrote:Estimated KRM shipping date = late April.

Well, I'd much rather be told late April now, rather than have it say "Early March" and then have it end up coming out in late April anyway.
TigerDriver98

Postby El Asian » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:43 pm

hopefully PWG posts some clips from the show on youtube to hype the DVD, like either posting the opening where Generation Me attacks Brian Kendrick, leading Paul London making the save or hopefully some backstage promos and sketches they might've taped over the WrestleReunion weekend
El Asian

Postby Whoblehwah » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Late april? Jeez.... I'll probably just wait until then instead of pre-ordering it. I'm still waiting on my 5-dvds from the Christmas sale. =\
Whoblehwah

Postby CheMateo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:59 pm

Late April...that's not so good.

El Asian wrote:hopefully PWG posts some clips from the show on youtube to hype the DVD, like either posting the opening where Generation Me attacks Brian Kendrick, leading Paul London making the save or hopefully some backstage promos and sketches they might've taped over the WrestleReunion weekend
If the DVD is going to come out that late then they need to slow burn out some footage and/or some exclusive behind the scenes shenanigans. El Asian I forgot to ask you, did you get to talk to Bret?
CheMateo

Postby Meltman » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 pm

You know what would be really cool is if PWG released small excerpts from each match or one full match from an upcoming DVD and put it on YouTube. For example if KRM is gonna take 3 months to come out, it would be incredibly sweet and beneficial if they put out the opener for anyone to see. You're bound to attract fans and nobody buys a DVD for the opener.

But yeah, something like this. PWG is great in every way except for timing (in my opinion). They have constantly awesome cards that get lost in the shuffle sometimes, overshadowed by lesser feds with better hype/marketing. Eh, sorry 'bout the rant.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:20 am

CheMateo wrote:Late April...that's not so good.

El Asian wrote:hopefully PWG posts some clips from the show on youtube to hype the DVD, like either posting the opening where Generation Me attacks Brian Kendrick, leading Paul London making the save or hopefully some backstage promos and sketches they might've taped over the WrestleReunion weekend
If the DVD is going to come out that late then they need to slow burn out some footage and/or some exclusive behind the scenes shenanigans. El Asian I forgot to ask you, did you get to talk to Bret?

yeah, exactly what I was thinking although I'll be damn surprised if PWG didn't at least tape a promo with Ron Simmons during the weekend, hopefully some promos with Muta, RVD, Liger, and Kendrick and London together
Meltman wrote:You know what would be really cool is if PWG released small excerpts from each match or one full match from an upcoming DVD and put it on YouTube. For example if KRM is gonna take 3 months to come out, it would be incredibly sweet and beneficial if they put out the opener for anyone to see. You're bound to attract fans and nobody buys a DVD for the opener.

But yeah, something like this. PWG is great in every way except for timing (in my opinion). They have constantly awesome cards that get lost in the shuffle sometimes, overshadowed by lesser feds with better hype/marketing. Eh, sorry 'bout the rant.

I agree with this, PWG should probably post clipped versions of matches, maybe something like the opening match could definitely benefit from this or Bonham vs. Gatson as well, maybe just don't show the finish though
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:40 am

Yeah, it would even work with Bonham/Gatson. Any match really. I just think it would help because EVOLVE for example put up that one match with 2 unknowns a while ago and those guys got a lot of buzz from it. I don't care for the fed but it was a smart tactic and it certainly worked.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:16 am

well, I guess PWG listened and they just posted this on the youtube

El Asian

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:45 am

Watching that match makes me realize that way too many wrestlers have long hair. It seems like everyone has some sort of mop top, or everyone in that match. Except LTP.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Meltman » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:07 pm

That match was badass. Johnny Goodtime and the Cutlers have gotten really damn good.

Really glad they did this. I hope we get more in the future.
Meltman

Postby CheMateo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:02 pm

A very good move in sharing the opening bout. I liked it better on youtube than I did live. I hope they have some more backstage footage and also release some highlights slowly if this DVD is going to have such a late release.
CheMateo

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum