Richards starting new promotion EVOLVE

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Richards starting new promotion EVOLVE

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:40 am

Dragon Gate USA Vice President Gabe Sapolsky, Full Impact Pro owner Sal Hamaouri, and Davey Richards are launching a new wrestling promotion called EVOLVE. There's not a whole lot of information about the group at the moment other than that more details will be announced in about two days and that Hamaouri has been looking to secure a promotion license in New York, thereby making the promotion Northeast based. They recently shot a quick teaser video with Davey to get the word out about the promotion.

Lord Akiyama

Re: Richards starting new promotion EVOLVE

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:24 pm

So... basically just Dragon Gate USA without the Dragon Gate talent?
TigerDriver98

Postby Whoblehwah » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:43 pm

So I guess this means he'll be training some wrestlers? Cool I guess.
Whoblehwah

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:41 am

Davey Richards is the shit and I can't wait for evolve to get off the ground. He already has Dark City Fight Club who I want to see come to PWG one day
Souf Centrol

Postby CheMateo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Evolve has their debut show in five days. They have a new video up.

CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:Davey Richards is the shit and I can't wait for evolve to get off the ground. He already has Dark City Fight Club who I want to see come to PWG one day

I rather not see Dark City Fight Club in PWG at this point
El Asian

Postby The Dan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding it hard to get into Evolve. I mean, the main event is Richards vs Ibushi, which should be awesome, however, I just don't seem to be 'in' to this promotion. It's extremely draft to say that before they've even held a show, but the prospect of another indy on the east coast when the market is starting to become over exposed.Tbh, even if I do end up enjoying their product, I don't really have the funds to support the company in buying their merch. I guess I am a bit spectical to see how this will work, considering the promotion sounds like a MMA influenced wrestling promotion with W and L records.
The Dan

Postby Meltman » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:01 am

To me the promotion is just a stale product being marketed as something bigger, which is done with tons of online hype sprinkled with a few big/noticeable names. I'm not into EVOLVE either, it's looking like AAW with a pinch of CHIKARA and a few other random guys. I predict they'll fold before the year's over. Sabolsky should've kept his focus on DGUSA.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:20 pm

I rather not see Dark City Fight Club in PWG at this point

Why what's wrong with dark city? I know they have problems with not selling moves as good as they should but they are still a solid tag team

How about the super smash bros? I haven't seen that much of them but they put on a decent show in their roh debut. I keep forgetting to check out chikara's poda-go-go or whatever its called
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:
How about the super smash bros? I haven't seen that much of them but they put on a decent show in their roh debut. I keep forgetting to check out chikara's poda-go-go or whatever its called

A CHIKARA team is long overdue in PWG. I think Incoherence (Frightmare/Hallowicked) would be a great fit here and have some awesome tags.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:10 am

So Richards signed a new ROH deal and is pulled from all future DGUSA/EVOLVE dates. Yes kids, money is indeed more important than "the art". Now I can go back to ignoring Davey except for in PWG. There's no matches left for him in ROH.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:55 pm

Yeah I didn't understand that at all, I thought him and gabe started evolve. So how could this effect his evolve dates? Also I thought they could go where they wanted or is this some kind of exclusive deal where they give him more money but he has less freedom to go anywhere else
Souf Centrol

Postby The Dan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:31 am

^^^^ Sounds like an East Coast exclusive deal, because he hasn't been pulled from PWG, which is good. I think it's a good business move by ROH, because it hurts DG USA and EVOLVE, especially EVOLVE considering he is the poster boy of that promotion.
The Dan

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:14 am

The Dan wrote:^^^^ Sounds like an East Coast exclusive deal, because he hasn't been pulled from PWG, which is good. I think it's a good business move by ROH, because it hurts DG USA and EVOLVE, especially EVOLVE considering he is the poster boy of that promotion.

That makes alot of sense, as long as I get to see him in pwg I'm still good. Even though I'll see him in roh, in person is better
Souf Centrol

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:38 am

The Dan wrote:^^^^ Sounds like an East Coast exclusive deal, because he hasn't been pulled from PWG, which is good. I think it's a good business move by ROH, because it hurts DG USA and EVOLVE, especially EVOLVE considering he is the poster boy of that promotion.

I think ROH sees PWG as a sort of sister promotion, like FIP back in the day. Since it is run by the wrestlers and doesn't cross over territory with ROH for the most part, it would make sense to allow him in PWG.

Evolve and DGUSA play the same venues and crowds as ROH, and are run by someone who is persona non grata with ROH management, so it makes sense.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby El Asian » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:04 am

El Hijo del Generico wrote:

I think ROH sees PWG as a sort of sister promotion, like FIP back in the day. Since it is run by the wrestlers and doesn't cross over territory with ROH for the most part, it would make sense to allow him in PWG.

Evolve and DGUSA play the same venues and crowds as ROH, and are run by someone who is persona non grata with ROH management, so it makes sense.

honestly, I don't think ROH really sees PWG as a sister promotion but has no problem with PWG using its wrestlers over there, same with TNA letting people appear for PWG shows although apparently Davey Richards was removed from wXw 16 Carat Gold Tournament in Germany and replaced by the Young Bucks, so who knows what's going on really but I just think PWG is in really good terms with lots of feds right now
El Asian

Return to General Discussion