Anyone care about Wrestlemania 22?

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Anyone care about Wrestlemania 22?

Postby DustyRhodesSplotches » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:59 pm

So here's how some of the top matches are looking:

Cena vs. HHH
Angle vs. Orton
Mark Henry vs. Undertaker
Carlito vs. RVD
Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus
HBK vs. Vince McMahon?
I'm going to guess a Flair vs. Benjamin IC title match(wich will die horribly if Momma is still in the storyline)
I'm also assuming there will be another Money in the Bank match?
Maybe a Tag-Team turmoil match?

That looks like a crapfest in the making. I don't know a single wrestling fan who wants to see Cena vs. HHH or Angle vs. Orton, especially with no buildup. HBK/Vinne Mac is garbage.

Here's how it should have shaken out, damnit:

RVD vs. Edge(WWE championship)
Angle vs. Mysterio(WCW Championship)
Flair vs HHH blow off match for good
Carlito/Masters vs. Big Show and Kane(Tag Titles)
Trish Vs. Mickie
Cena Vs. Hogan/Austin/other "legend"?
HBK vs. Benjamin w/Vince and Shane
Undertaker vs. Orton blow off match for good
Money in the Bank with Benoit/Booker T/Mark Henry(if he must be there)/JBL/Matt Hardy

Yep, I just fantasy booked...but wouldn't that be a damn good WM card? It actually has matches that would make sense for storylines!
DustyRhodesSplotches

Postby bford24 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:34 pm

I think someone like Carlito should be in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. It would be better to have someone like that who can win the match then lose it the next night or something like that. It would get really old if someone won the match, waited almost a year and then won the title.

The WM card does look bad but its still early to make up matches besides Cena/HHH and Angle/Orton.
bford24

Postby DustyRhodesSplotches » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:04 pm

bford24 wrote:The WM card does look bad but its still early to make up matches besides Cena/HHH and Angle/Orton.

I agree on speculation, might be too early. From what I've been reading, Henry/Undertaker, Mickie/Trish and some sort of HBK/McMahon match/scenario will play out at Mania(with or without Brett Hart).

None of that is appealing except the storyline follow-through for Mickie and Trish...but it's still a womens's match.

I like your thought on Money in the Bank, a guy like Carlito would be great to win it and lose the match right away, but I feel the WWE is sitting on a great feud with Carlito and Masters. Carlito actually helps Masters look good when they work together. If they won the tag titles and had a good run with them, that could be some fun Monday Night Raw action for the next 6 months.

What would be badass is if HHH wins the belt against Cena, only to lose it to whoever wins the Money in the Bank match(RVD?). That would be a cool way to end Wrestlemania and may spike Raw's ratings something huge for that next night.

Too soon after New Year's Revolution though? Maybe.
DustyRhodesSplotches

Postby bford24 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:47 pm

RVD would be awesome in any kind of ladder match but it would have to be someone who would be cocky just to lose it soon after. Something else they could do is have 2 people both grab the suitcase at the same time then have them go to a triple threat where they both lose to the champ.

If anything else is planned then they just need to hold off till a later time.
bford24

Agreed

Postby DustyRhodesSplotches » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:30 pm

Two peeps grabbing the briefcase at the same time would actually be very cool.

Getting back to the more general topic of 'Mania, I was very excited for the show before the Rumble. Then Cena got the title back and Mysterio won the rumble only to have(apparantly) Orton get the title shot anyway.

That combined with weak development of storylines and zero care taken in developing an undercard(very little on the horizon and being built towards besides Carlito/RVD and Trish/James) This Mania has the feel of a dud.

Usually at this point in the year, the Mania' hype is combined with strong development of the actual event card. This year, it's all hype and no clear idea of what matches we'll see. That doesn't bode well.

Al sings are pointing to HHH being the one who pulled the strings to get the belt back on Cena so he can main event Mania with him. If that's the case, and this Mania flops, mabe that's not a bad thing. Who will the finger be pointed at then?
DustyRhodesSplotches

Postby astro_zombie » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:33 pm

i havent cared about wwF in years
astro_zombie

Aye

Postby DustyRhodesSplotches » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:14 am

What was the killing stroke for you and the WWF? I've been on the fence a few times, but can't give it up just yet.
DustyRhodesSplotches

Postby One Skinny Black Girl » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:54 pm

Can't say I do. I havent watched WWE in a few months, but haven't been really into it since 1999-2000. Those days were good, now it's nothing. And now that I hear mark henry is maineventing, and that they're exploiting Eddie's death, it makes me sick and glad I dont support them anymore.
One Skinny Black Girl

Bret Hart

Postby DustyRhodesSplotches » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:52 pm

Bret 'Hitman' Hart will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, which means he will appear at Wrestlemania. That peaks my interest. anybody care about Bret being there? Looks like the Michaels/Vince fued will actually involve Bret at Mania. Crazyness.
DustyRhodesSplotches

Postby WannaB » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:57 pm

I could care less about the WWE anymore.

WrestleMania 21 was the last WWE show I attended/watched.

I was so dissapointed with Eddie/Rey, the ladder match, Taker/Orton, and HBK/Angle (while it was good it could've been so much better).

I had to get a drink after the ladder match. Seeing Tard boy on my way to the bar was more entertaining. After Angle/HBK I wanted to just leave since the rest of the show was gonna be downhill.

Cena was just too damn cliche' and Batista was just not drawing me in.

My friends made me stay since I was their ride.

WWE has been downhill for years with the occassional fluctuation for maybe a month or two at best. They just try to force-feed us all this gimmicky bullshit, and its not something that I feel like digesting. When they actually do a good job and lets say come up with a great angle or they actually give a strong push to someone who deserves it...

...they end up fucking things up, and screwing the fans over let alone the people involved who in all likelihood will be shitcanned a few months down the line & then an additional 20 more times before their career is over.

It's WrestleMania, yes, so you know that they will try and put on the best show that they can. However, it's still the WWE, and they've been letting down the fans for years and years.

I'll probably watch it out of the last lingering hope that they can redeem themselves, which is why I kept watching for 4 years during their downhill slide, but I doubt they'll succeed.
WannaB

Postby bill1985 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:01 pm

Even though I feel that WWE isn't that good right now, Wrestlemania still means a lot to me, I will be watching it. It is still the Super Bowl of professional wrestling and it's the biggest wrestling show of the year.
bill1985

Postby Paul Burns » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:28 pm

I think I'm gonna watch it at the cinema's, with a few pre-screening drinks to make up for the fact I'm going alone and yeah.

I'm looking forward to HBK/Vince, Edge/Foley and Mickie/Trish.....Cena/HHH, The Triple Threat, Taker/Henry and Money in the Bank will be okay...couldn't give a SHIT about Boogeyman/Booker, The raw tag titles and Benoit/JBL...just seriously don't care at all. The pillow fight will be short so meh, not fussed.
Paul Burns

Postby WannaB » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:48 pm

While JBL/Benoit won't be that great, I think it'll be surprising. The great thing about Benoit is that he always makes Big guys come down to his level. I personally think that he's carried guys like A-Train & Big Show to some of the best athletic matches of their careers. I don't think JBL will be any different, however yes, it won't be a "great" match. Just "great" for JBL.
WannaB

Postby SoCalAndy » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:02 pm

For a bunch of people who dislike the WWE so much and claim not to watch their events and think Vince McMahon is the devil who likes to smother baby ducks to get an erection, you sure don't have any problems talking about their downfall.
SoCalAndy

Postby WannaB » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:42 pm

I think Andy, its because we're so pissed that something we once enjoyed has been run in to the ground. It's like if a band's only good stuff was in the 80's and you would only listen to that, and joke about their newer crap.
WannaB

Postby SoCalAndy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:41 pm

If a band was good, and they started to make bad music, it would just be easier to stop listening to the band and stop thinking about them. People aren't doing that with the WWE. They complain all the time, yet they continue to let them feed them the same crap all the time and are willing to give them undeserved attention. I don't like the WWE, and I don't talk about it and the only times I watch is when Fit Finlay is wrestling. I don't complain about stupid storylines, nor do I watch them. If more people did that, maybe the WWE would get the message.
SoCalAndy

Postby WannaB » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:10 pm

I said I don't watch them because of those reasons. I haven't watched them for a year.

I complain because they use to be a big deal to me and I miss the good ol' days when they didn't suck.

Just because they suck doesn't mean that I can't go back and watch some old tapes now and then. That's what stirs up all those old memories of when they actually entertained us, and then we get pissed that they suck now. We end up bitching about it as a result.

Unfortunately they'll always have just a large enough audience to give them power to continue making crap.

But keep in mind, it's WrestleMania, which means we're more likely to see an interesting card, and good matches. Not necessarilly, but it's better odds than a normal monday night show, so why not watch WrestleMania?
WannaB

Postby astro_zombie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:54 am

WannaB wrote: it's better odds than a normal monday night show, so why not watch WrestleMania?

cuz id rather spend my money on hookers, drugs, and child labor
astro_zombie

Postby WannaB » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:19 pm

Good point. But that's why it might be best to go to a sport's bar that will show it or get together with some people and split the cost of the ppv.
WannaB

Postby SoCalAndy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:35 pm

MLB Opening Night is the same night as Wrestlemania, I'd say that's more worthy of watching than WWE.
SoCalAndy

Next

Return to General Discussion