PWG's Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on Jan 30, 2010!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: PWG's Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on Jan 30, 2010!

Postby El Asian » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:34 am

glad to see Bonham back and hopefully he sticks around for awhile as well and glad to see Steen is back listed for the show
El Asian

Postby Whoblehwah » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:48 pm

SWEET! My wish came true! NEW GUY!!! =D
Whoblehwah

Postby El Asian » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:41 pm

apparently Willie Mack's myspace has scheduled the WrestleReunion show with ROH and PWG, hope that means what I think it means
El Asian

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:25 am

Things just got beyond interesting!!!!

2 Skinny Black Guys of Low Moral Fiber came right out of the blue for me! Sick!!!

And Bonham!!!!! I always heard people mention him and I saw him on the DVDs but to get to see him return live!!!! So much better!!! Now they have to name these matches!!! I can't wait! And still more to come!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Meltman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:17 am

The more I think about it the more Bonham/Gatson intrigues me. Gatson is this year's Bonham, only with more success in less time. This should be an awesome battle.

You've got RVD, Liger, Muta, KAI, Taylor/Tornado teaming (should be incredible), and only 4 matches announced so far. Needless to say, my enthusiasm about this show is rising by the day.
Meltman

Postby Whoblehwah » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:44 pm

Meltman wrote:The more I think about it the more Bonham/Gatson intrigues me. Gatson is this year's Bonham, only with more success in less time. This should be an awesome battle.

You've got RVD, Liger, Muta, KAI, Taylor/Tornado teaming (should be incredible), and only 4 matches announced so far. Needless to say, my enthusiasm about this show is rising by the day.

Yeah. Also, Super Crazy! I wonder who he's gonna face.
Whoblehwah

Postby tmac9311 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:49 pm

with the news that the Young Bucks apparently signed with TNA I have a new excitement for the event. I don't expect this to be their last match, but there is a chance, and if it is, and even if it isn't, Tornado and Taylor seem like perfect replacements in this war feud. Also the idea of 2SBGoLMF being tag champs is really exciting.

KRM is really shaping up to be a giantic event, I'm going to have to find a way to get there and see it in person, I don't think I can wait for BOLa
tmac9311

Postby Meltman » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:02 pm

On Twitter Matt Jackson replied to someone asking if KRM would be their last PWG match, and he said "no way". So it's looking hopeful.
Meltman

PWG's Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on Jan 30, 2010!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:34 pm

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla presents Kurt Russellreunion at Wrestlereunion 4 on January 30, 2010!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

December 28 - In just 33 days, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla in association with Highspots presents Kurt Russellreunion, live at the LAX Hilton as a part of Wrestlereunion 4! We are very proud to announce the four remaining matches that fans from around the world will have the pleasure of seeing live, in Los Angeles, on January 30, 2010!

Overboard Tag Team Match
The Great Muta & KAI vs. "The Professional" Scott Lost & Joey Ryan

-- Once in a while, an opportunity comes along where you would be foolish to pass it up. There may be some reason, say, a grudge with an old friend, that would make you think about letting that chance go by, but ultimately you know it would be insane not to seize it. That was the exact dilemma that faced on-again, off-again tag team partners Scott Lost and Joey Ryan and their proposed match up at Kurt Russellreunion. The issues between Lost and Ryan are well documented, but the CliffsNotes version is:

Scott Lost and Joey Ryan were one of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's first successful, however Joey Ryan believed that he and his innate charisma was responsible for the team's success, while Scott Lost believed he did most of the heavy lifting for his team, and that hard work was what won matches. Soon after they would part ways, but after three and a half years they would reunite to defeat a then up-and-coming tag team called The Young Bucks. After eighteen months of ups and downs, the relationship once again deteriorated, with Joey Ryan wrapped up in his quest to reclaim the World Championship, and Scott Lost left standing in his shadow.

Scott Lost and Joey Ryan's last match together as a tag team was in May 2009, but since then Scott has actually defeated Joey in singles competition. Joey says there are no hard feelings about the loss, and that he is ready to put everything behind him if Scott is, too. Of course, with an opportunity of this magnitude at hand, Scott is ready to rejoin his old partner, though with a single caveat: Joey Ryan must be completely dedicated to their team.

Joey Ryan claims his singular focus is on defeating The Great Muta and KAI at Kurt Russellreunion. Since The Great Muta and Bret Hart never crossed paths in WWF, Scott Lost is completely unaware of the challenge ahead of him. Scott did say "If he's anything like that Hakushi guy, his weakness is a German Suplex reversal." Luckily, Joey Ryan has seen enough WCW to know what a dangerous opponent Muta can be, and will do his best to catch Scott up before January 30. Joey was overheard saying "The first step is to do as few Stinger Splashes as possible."

While they won't be facing Hakushi, or even Kokushi Muso, Scott Lost and Joey Ryan will be facing a man with more in-ring experience than they have combined. As if the challenge of facing The Great Muta wasn't daunting enough, Scott and Joey will also have to deal with the fastest rising star in All Japan Pro Wrestling, KAI. Though he lacks the experience of The Great Muta, KAI's heart and determination will go a long way in making up for that. Intent on putting his best foot forward in his first appearance in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, you can guarantee KAI will do everything to make sure his team succeeds.

But will it be enough? If there is a weak link for Joey Ryan and Scott Lost to exploit, it is the relative inexperience of KAI. With just under three years of experience, KAI may fall victim to the veteran tricks of Scott Lost and Joey Ryan if he isn't careful. Lucky for KAI, he will have one of the most enigmatic and unpredictable legends of the professional wrestling world at his side.

Tequila Sunrise Singles Match
Davey Richards vs. Super Crazy

-- At the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles, the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship title was on the line in the tournament for the first time ever, and everyone wanted a shot at it That includes previous Battle of Los Angeles winner and former World Tag Team Champion Davey Richards, because if he won 2009's tournament, he would become the first man in PWG history to hold both championships and the Battle of Los Angeles (twice), as well. However, there was one small problem: another tournament, honoring Minnesota Vikings superstar Adrian Peterson, was taking place the same weekend as the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles, and if Davey Richards loves one thing in life, it's Minnesota Vikings football. While it was not an easy decision to make, Davey Richards decided that he may only get one chance to meet Adrian Peterson, but he's such a bad-ass ass-kicker that he could kick the ass of whoever won the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles and take the World Championship later on.

As it turned out, Adrain Peterson wasn't even involved in the tournament, and Davey Richards was so furious that he kicked everyone's ass that weekend. Not only that, when he saw that Kenny Omega won the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles, Davey fell into a barely controllable rage that has been simmering ever since. Backed by those seemingly limitless reserves of anger, Davey Richards has one goal in mind: Kill everybody. If he's going to work his way up to facing Kenny Omega and taking the World Championship, he's going to have to kill a lot of people to get that shot. Or perhaps just a few people, and one high value target. Somebody who is a well-regarded veteran in wrestling, maybe even someone that's had a bit of a professional renaissance in the last few months. Somebody like Super Crazy.

With no axe to grind and a "happy to be here" attitude, Super Crazy is heading in to Kurt Russellreunion eager to be a part of the Wrestlereunion 4 weekend. Even though Crazy's easy going attitude will be in direct conflict with Davey Richards' mission of rage, Crazy's not worried about it. He has years of experience dealing with angry guys that kick hard, and has been pretty successful countering it. Super Crazy is still looking forward to Kurt Russellreunion, but you can guarantee he's going to put in a little time at the dojo with an old friend of his before heading to Los Angeles on January 30.

Captain Ron Singles Match
Brian Kendrick vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

-- Since returning to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla in 2009, Brian Kendrick and Kevin Steen have experienced limited success at their former stomping grounds. Both men have been involved in some very high profile contests, though neither man has been able to put together a consistent string of victories. Granted, Kevin Steen has only been back since the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles, but two loses in two nights is not how "Mr. Wrestling" wanted to return. Brian Kendrick on the other hand managed to eek out victories over Austin Aries and two time former Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion Bryan Danielson, but the rest of his outings have resulted in losses. Therefore, a victory here would do a lot for either man as far as their standing in the title picture for 2010 goes. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen plans on using Brian Kendrick as a springboard back to top of the food chain in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, while no one is quite certain what Brian Kendrick, a true American wild child, wants to achieve in 2010 and beyond.

Tombstone Eight-Person Tag Team Match
The Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin Cutler), Ryan Taylor, & Christina Von Eerie vs. Johnny Goodtime, Malachi "CK" Jackson, Candice LeRae, & Jerome "LTP" Robinson

Kurt Russellreunion will also feature:

Sky High Three-Way Match
Chris Hero vs. Roderick Strong vs. "The Whole F'N Show" Rob Van Dam

Escape From LA Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - Champions) vs. Human Tornado & Chuck Taylor (Challengers)

Big Trouble in Little China Singles Match
El Generico vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

Stargate Singles Match
Brandon Bonham vs. Brandon Gatson

Kurt Russellreunion takes place on Saturday, January 30, 2010 at the LAX Hilton as a part of Wrestlereunion 4, presented by Highspots. The LAX Hilton is located at 5711 West Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90045. Event information is available on the official Kurt Russellreunion mini-site. Ticketing information for Kurt Russellreunion and Wrestlereunion 4 can be found on the official Wrestlereunion 4 website Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby bford24 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:06 pm

WOW!! Pretty great matches there, I wish I could have done this show and BOLA. I chose BOLA, with no regrets but this show is going to be special.
bford24

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Poor Davey, I bet it was the Chicago Bears Adrian Peterson instead.

Anyway, great stuff all around. I especially think that eight person tag will be a show stealer.
TigerDriver98

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:21 pm

Scott must really be intimidated if he can't figure how to wrestle Muta since Muta has never wrestled Bret Hart. :lol:

Davey Richards has one goal in mind: Kill everybody.

Good to know.
Lord Akiyama

Postby El Asian » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:35 pm

matches look awesome and I know people are gonna be disappointed that Joey is taking on Muta but I think its awesome plus considering the fact Muta never does singles matches when he wrestles here in the US nowadays, so putting him and KAI against Joey and Scott works

also, glad to see Ryan Taylor back in PWG although I am a bit disappointed Willie Mack isn't wrestling in this year despite listing the WrestleReunion on his schedule on his myspace

also a curious question, who's the old friend that Super Crazy is seeing that Silverback referred to?
El Asian

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:16 pm

El Asian wrote:also a curious question, who's the old friend that Super Crazy is seeing that Silverback referred to?

This guy, probably
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby Meltman » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:19 pm

Overboard Tag Team Match
The Great Muta & KAI vs. "The Professional" Scott Lost & Joey Ryan

For my money, The Dynasty/X-Foundation are top 3 as far as best PWG teams go, so this is a real treat. I read on another forum KAI match suggestions, and Lost came up a lot, so excited to see their interactions. I'm also thinking if they take a brawl route at all in this match, Muta and Joey are the guys to do it. Joey's a real underrated brawler. Also can't wait to see how Joey and Lost interact after their fallout in early '09. All in all, very exciting tag match.

Tequila Sunrise Singles Match
Davey Richards vs. Super Crazy

Yet another match I'm excited to see. Haven't seen any recent Crazy footage, but I heard great things about his recent DGUSA appearance. And as far as Davey, the man always brings his working boots in PWG. If this bout is anything like a classic Crazy/Tajiri exchange, it'll be a must-see for me.

Captain Ron Singles Match
Brian Kendrick vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

It appears Steen isn't actually injured, so I have high hopes about this. I heard Aries/Kendrick at BOLA wasn't so good, but then again I loved Kendrick/Strong from ATG, so we'll see. Both guys are showmen though, so even if this isn't a clinic, I expect plenty of entertainment.

Tombstone Eight-Person Tag Team Match
The Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin Cutler), Ryan Taylor, & Christina Von Eerie vs. Johnny Goodtime, Malachi "CK" Jackson, Candice LeRae, & Jerome "LTP" Robinson

Much like TigerDriver, I'm really looking forward to this match. The Cutlers have become one hell of a tag team over the year, and Goodtime and LTP I love being paired together recently (seemingly). Very glad Ryan Taylor's back, and I was even impressed a lot by CK Jackson at ATG, so I look forward to seeing what he does. Even the ladies had a pretty good match at Guerre, so they make nice additions to the mix.

If these are all the matches (seems that way), I have to say this is one hell of a fucking card. I can't be there, but I'll be jittery and eagerly awaiting the show's occurrence and release.

El Asian wrote:also, glad to see Ryan Taylor back in PWG although I am a bit disappointed Willie Mack isn't wrestling in this year despite listing the WrestleReunion on his schedule on his myspace

It might only mean he's attending the shows as a fan. Oh well.

El Asian wrote:also a curious question, who's the old friend that Super Crazy is seeing that Silverback referred to?

I think RVD. Former ECW buds. Plus he has that famous dojo.

One question: is there a story behind Ryan Taylor teaming with the Cutlers? I ask because they faced off at BOLA. Something happen between Taylor and CK in that match?
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:51 pm

I guess Mack will be only there as a fan or maybe as ring crew although I would assume he would be at the M1W show during the 1st night of WrestleReunion at least and I'm guessing it does makes sense the old friend being referred to is RVD than Tajiri although I didn't even know RVD has a dojo and as to why Ryan Taylor is teaming with the rudos this time around instead of the technicos, probably not best to think the story of a match that will more than likely open the show for now

my question is to everyone, what do you guys think will be the main event? Between the Sky High 3way, the Big Trouble in Little China Singles Match, and the Overboard Tag Match, any one of those matches could be a main event a show anywhere in the world, personally I think the Sky High 3way will end the show
El Asian

Postby dingo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Wow, another great PWG card. I can not wait for this show. I am really hoping that RVD comes out to "Walk" by Pantera.
dingo

Postby SoCalAndyIsGay » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:36 pm

I was really hoping we'd see Muta vs Steen is a great brawl. Kind of sucks that Muta's match is going to be wasted with Joey Ryan. Steen/Muta and Kendrick/Kai would have been a better way to go in my opinion.
SoCalAndyIsGay

Postby Whoblehwah » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:01 pm

If it wasn't for Joey Ryan none of this would even be happening. He's one of the fucking owners for christ sake. Show him some respect.

This card is so stacked. This makes me wish I lived in California even more! If I did I would've seen my favorite band Zebrahead live in concert 2 days ago and I'd totally go to this show!
Whoblehwah

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:19 am

Whoblehwah wrote:If it wasn't for Joey Ryan none of this would even be happening. He's one of the fucking owners for christ sake. Show him some respect.

Actually, the card is mostly Super Dragon and HighSpots' doing. I asked Joey about the show back in September, and he was all, "I really don't know what's happening. That's Dragon and HighSpots' deal."
Lord Akiyama

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum