Faction Warfare

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Faction Warfare

Postby Meltman » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:55 pm

At the end of BOLA, talk of faction warfare was brought up amongst groups. Omega was attacked by Kendrick and the Bucks after winning the World Title, then rescued by Cabana and Generico.

If a Guerrilla Games-type scenario is to come up next year, what 5-on-5 factions would you like to see? Seems as if we've already got 3 per team.

Logically, this is what Team Omega may end up looking like:

- Colt Cabana
- El Generico
- Kenny Omega
- Kevin Steen
- Human Tornado

Steen would join the crusade after getting his face bloodied by the Bucks at BOLA. Tornado joins because he holds a tag win over them and a singles win over Matt Jackson.

Here's the most possible Team Kendrick I came up with:

- Matt Jackson
- Nick Jackson
- Brian Kendrick
- Scott Lost
- Chuck Taylor

Lost's hot streak ended because of Omega, so he's out for revenge. Chuckie T joins the Bucks, in spite of his dislike of them, strictly get back at Omega for siding with Generico and ditching him to win the title.

Of course, there are tons of routes they could take with such an angle, with tons of options as to who gets involved. For example, I think Paul London would be fantastic on Omega's side, playing Kendrick's parallel. Then you've got Roderick Strong, who could either side with or against Omega, seeing as his 2009 ended. Joey Ryan is another fine example for the face side. With word going around that Steen needs surgery, there could very well be a replacement.

I don't know about you guys, but this, combined with the Kurt Russellreunion buzz, has me hyped for PWG in 2010 more than anything else in wrestling.
Meltman

Re: Faction Warfare

Postby El Asian » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:28 pm

sounds about right especially I think the best way for Paul London to return in PWG is to feud with Brian Kendrick and definitely the return of Guerrilla Games or maybe a Guerrilla War Games as well, another wrestler I would like to see involved in this is possibly Super Dragon, have him as a neutral person and attack both Team Omega and Team Kendrick

now speaking of faction warfare, coincidentally, in the very same weekend when BOLA was going on and one day after Omega won BOLA and got attacked by Kendrick and the Young Bucks, Claudio Castagnoli lead a group in Chikara called the BDK, which as of now consists of Are$, Tim Donst, Pinkie Sanchez, an unknown big guy, Sara Del Ray, Daizee Haze, and an 8th guy apparently waging war against Chikara , so I think it be awesome if Kendrick and the Young Bucks got involved with the BDK, officially called Br
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:34 pm

I think it would be trainwreck if those angles collided. The CHIKARA angle is already way more complicated that it needs to be. And personally, the potential of PWG's factions interests me far more than CHIKARA's.

It is interesting that both factions brewed over the same weekend though.
Meltman

Postby kikrusher99 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:28 pm

PWG Guerrilla Warfare war games match(s) would be insane. Plus two rings with cages would probably require a venue other than Larry's.

An angle like this and a possible return of Super Dragon would probably make PWG the hottest thing in indy wrestling in 2010.
kikrusher99

Postby El Asian » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:40 pm

Meltman wrote:I think it would be trainwreck if those angles collided. The CHIKARA angle is already way more complicated that it needs to be. And personally, the potential of PWG's factions interests me far more than CHIKARA's.

It is interesting that both factions brewed over the same weekend though.

yeah, it probably would be a huge clusterfuck, I was just looking at an excuse for PWG to bring in Chikara guys including the return of Mike Quackenbush, Eddie Kingston, and Claudio Castagnoli
El Asian

Postby ajday » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:02 pm

[quote="Meltman"]

Here's the most possible Team Kendrick I came up with:

- Matt Jackson
- Nick Jackson
- Brian Kendrick
- Scott Lost
- Chuck Taylor

[quote]

What about trading Lost for Chris Hero? Least then you have the champion and the number one contender story going on as well as everything else possible.
ajday

Postby Meltman » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:27 am

Another possible route I'd love seeing taken: Cabana and/or Tornado as heels on Kendrick's side.

Tornado teams with Generico, beats the Bucks, but is then is forgotten about by his amigo during the MOLMF debacle. Tornado was my heel of the year for '08, so seeing that again is something I support.

As for Cabana, turning him heel would be a great way to freshen the character up. Hasn't been done in years.
Meltman

Postby tmac9311 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:48 pm

So being a relatively new fan to PWG here's what I see happening. First we have 6 of the eventual ten members involved in this.

Team Omega:

Kenny Omega
Colt Cabana
El Generico

Team Bucks
Nick Jackson
Matt Jackson
Brian Kendrick

From my take, guys like Chris Hero, The Dynasty, Strong and Davey Richards are all strong solo characters. None really need a group other than Machine Gun and Lost. Scott Lost is getting pushed towards an eventual PWG Title Shot, so teaming with Omega wouldn't work, and I feel like the original 3 will be the most important 3, as in Kendrick is higher on the food chain than Lost. Lost has already been held down by Joey Ryan, so it wouldn't make much sense for him to join another faction. Machine gun I haven't seen enough of, but I'm assuming he's not the type of guy qualified for the storyline of the year in PWG.

Seeing as the factions include all the champions, I think it's important the face team has a tag team on it. The simplest and most qualified to challenge the Young Bucks is 2 Skinny Black Guys. Tornado seems like a must on Team Omega. I'd like to experience heel Tornado at his finest, but I think he hasn't been face too long, and is needed much more on the face side.

I really like the idea of Chuck Taylor on the heel team. Not sure he is strong enough to be on his own at this point, and everything you guys described made him perfect for Team Bucks/Kendrick.

Assuming this feud last awhile and assuming Kendrick and Omega is the eventual ending of the feud, I think it's important to have a guy the fans will want to see against the captain other than the opposing leader. Omega already has former teammate Chuck Taylor. That's why the fifth spot on Team Omega should go to Paul London. London vs Kendrick may be more money than Omega vs Kendrick, so this seems like a no brainer to me.

If the eventual leadup ends up Kendrick/London, The heels need a big time player for their fifth member. In this scenario Scott Lost would work out perfectly, but not sure how team would be built, as it seems odd to appoint Lost the leader right off the bat. I think Necro Butcher would be a very intriguing matchup for Omega, and he would fit the mold of guy that takes a back seat, but ends up leading perfectly (At least for me). The perfect solution here would be Super Dragon. He would join up to make his return in a big fashion. Him and Omega would also be a huge draw I think. The only problem with this is, I don't know when/if he is ever coming back. He is still listed on the roster, and his Wikipedia page didn't seem to list his injury as anything career ending, but I really have no clue what happened. Another guy that intrigues me is PAC. I like what I've seen of him, but I'm not sure how free he is, seeing as he appears fairly frequently in Dragon Gate.

I think Omega's team for the most part is a sure thing (at least logically to me) where the Heel team seems to really only have 4 that make sense (again to me)

Team Omega:
Kenny Omega
Colt Cabana
El Generico
Human Tornado
Paul London

Team Bucks:
Nick Jackson
Matt Jackson
Brian Kendrick
Chuck Taylor
Scott Lost/Necro/Super Dragon/PAC
tmac9311

Postby npdavis » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:58 pm

There seems to be talk of a Super Dragon return possible in 2010. Him being involved in this, preferably for me as a heel, would be the first time I've been interested in him outside of the SDDR stuff in a LONG time.
npdavis

Postby Meltman » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:49 am

I don't count on Dragon being involved, but if he did, my enthusiasm would rise tenfold. I miss the fuck out of Super D. matches.

Also, I could see Chuck Taylor turning into a "lone wolf"-type character, deciding not to join either side due to enemies on both. Could make for a very interesting angle.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:40 pm

Meltman wrote:I don't count on Dragon being involved, but if he did, my enthusiasm would rise tenfold. I miss the fuck out of Super D. matches.

Also, I could see Chuck Taylor turning into a "lone wolf"-type character, deciding not to join either side due to enemies on both. Could make for a very interesting angle.

honestly, if Super Dragon got involved, I think he'd work better in the "lone wolf"-type character attacking both sides

another possible member, a big brawl type wrestler to side with Brian Kendrick, either Brodie Lee, to be the Diesel to Kendrick's HBK, or Masada
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:00 pm

If it's an enforcer they're looking for, may I suggest MASADA for Kendrick's squad? You know that'd be awesome.
Meltman

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum