"Crazymania: All Star Weekend 3" April 8 & 9!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

"Crazymania: All Star Weekend 3" April 8 & 9!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:00 pm

PWG's "Crazymania: All Star Weekend 3" on April 8 & 9!
By Silverback, PWG Staff Writer

Darlingtonia, CA - Fans of professional wrestling, it's that time of year again. Yes, it's the time of year that comes once, well, maybe twice or three times a year, if Pro Wrestling Guerrilla ( http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com) is feeling up to it, it's All Star Weekend time! In a grand tradition dating all the way back to 2005, "Crazymania: All Star Weekend 3" is the third in a 434-part series highlighting the very best in independent professional wrestling, as well as PWG's inability to consistently come up with clever show titles. When reached for comment, Commissioner Dino Winwood stated "All Star Weekend is always our biggest show of the year. Except for Battle of Los Angeles. And the Anniversary show. But at any rate, it's gonna be huge." How huge, exactly? We're glad you asked.

"Crazymania: All Star Weekend 3" will feature the first ever mini-tournament to determine the number one contender for the PWG World Championship. Since "The Draw" Joey Ryan became PWG World Champion, it's become harder and harder for there to be a clear number one contender for the title, since each man Joey Ryan "defeats" feels cheated, and demands a rematch However, at "Beyond The Thunderdome," Joey Ryan's antics reached an all-time high, when in a confrontation before the number one contenders match between B-Boy and Kevin Steen, Joey Ryan struck Steen with the PWG title, giving B-Boy an unfair advantage. Then later that night, after (seemingly) losing the title to Chris Sabin, Joey Ryan used a contractual loophole to have the decision overturned, but still had to cheat in order to win the restarted match!

With hurt feelings hitting epidemic levels around the PWG locker room, Commissioner Winwood has decided action needed to be taken, and at ASW3 he will hold the first ever 8-Man mini-tournament to determine the number one contender for the PWG World Championship. April 8 will feature four qualifying matches, and April 9 will feature a 4-Way Elimination match featuring the winners from Night One, with the winner being crowned the top competitor for the title. But be warned, Joey Ryan! Commissioner Winwood has taken some very drastic steps to insure this tournament is as fair as possible, including a one-year suspension, $1,000 fine, and stripping of all applicable PWG titles for interference before, during, or after the tournament matches. Not only does Dino mean business in the rules department, he also means business in the talent department, as the qualifying matches will feature:

"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen vs. "The Nicest Man In Wrestling" Matt Sydal

"The New Age Punisher" B-Boy vs. Excalibur

Chris Sabin vs. Scorpio Sky

"The Future" Frankie Kazarian vs. Jimmy Yang

While that's all well and good, where does it leave "The Draw" Joey Ryan and the PWG World Championship? Commissioner Winwood should thank me for using rhetorical questions as transition points, because he's already got an answer! But first, to understand what lead up to this match, we must take the Wayback Machine to February 19, 2006, when Super Dragon & Davey Richards defended their World Tag Team Championship against Arrogance, "Photogenic" Chris Bosh & Scott Lost. After the conclusion of the match, Super Dragon, in typical Super Dragon fashion, continued to beat on and ultimately embarrass the defeated Chris Bosh in front of the English fans. This lead to the creation of Chris Bosh's "A Treatise On Those Jerks, Joey Ryan & Super Dragon" which he read portions of at PWG's March 4 event. Subsequently, this lead to both Joey Ryan and Super Dragon interfering in Bosh's match that night, costing Arrogance a shot at the tag titles. This past weekend at "Beyond The Thunderdome," Chris Bosh's anger could be held back no longer, when he directed an emotional diatribe at both Dragon and Joey. Unfortunately, as Scott Lost was quick to point out, Bosh seemed more concerned with Dragon and Joey than his match that was about to start. This was an astute observation, since Bosh's lack of focus ended up costing Arrogance their shot at the tag titles.

So, here we are, back in the present day, where Joey Ryan is champion, Super Dragon has never seen eye to eye with Joey Ryan, and Chris Bosh hates them both. Since this is professional wrestling, there's only one way to solve this equation, and that is by a 3-Way Match for the PWG World Championship! But since this is Crazymania, Commissioner Winwood has added an extra twist to the match, and made it single elimination! That means the first man to score a pinfall or submission is the winner, and that Joey Ryan doesn't even need to be in the ring to lose his title! Could we see Super Dragon's second reign as champion, or the long awaited first reign of "Photogenic" Chris Bosh? We will find out at "Crazymania: All Star Weekend 3!"

With five matches already announced, what more could be in store for this already gigantic night of wrestling? Again with the rhetorical questions! On April 8, 2006 at 7:00PM at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC, the first night of "Crazymania: All Star Weekend 3" will also feature:

The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs. The Kings of Wrestling (Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero)

Cape Fear (El Generico & Quicksilver) vs. Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre)

The Return Of The Dude!
MDogg 20 vs. "The Pinoy Boy" TJ Perkins

Elimination Tag Team Match
Disco Machine & Nemesis vs. Top Gun Talwar & Bino Gambino vs. Alex Koslov & Ronin

Plus PWG Commissioner Dino Winwood!

Night two of "Crazymania: All Star Weekend 3" takes place on Sunday, April 9 at 5:00PM, and will feature the conclusion of the Number One Contenders mini-tournament. The four winners from the previous day will meet in a 4-way elimination match to determine who gets a shot at the PWG World Championship. Also featured on Night two of ASW3 is:

PWG World Tag Team Championship Match
Super Dragon & Davey Richards (c) vs. Cape Fear (El Generico & Quicksilver)
This match will take place even if Super Dragon becomes PWG World Champion on Night One.

Roderick Strong vs. Kevin Steen or Matt Sydal

Arrogance ("Photogenic" Chris Bosh & Scott Lost) vs. The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe)
This match will take place even if Chris Bosh becomes PWG World Champion on Night One.

MDogg 20 vs. Frankie Kazarian or Jimmy Yang

Disco Machine & Nemesis vs. The Kings of Wrestling (Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero)

Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre) vs. Alex Koslov & Ronin

The Dino Winwood Challenge
Joey Ryan vs. ???
Dino has a mystery opponent in store for Joey Ryan, and if Joey manages to retain the title on Night One, the PWG World Championship will be on the line!

Plus Chris Sabin, "The New Age Punisher" B-Boy, Scorpio Sky, "The Pinoy Boy" TJ Perkins, Excalibur, and Top Gun Talwar!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "Crazymania: All Star Weekend 3 - Night One" takes place at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC on Saturday, April 8, 2006 at 7:00PM. "Crazymania: All Star Weekend 3 - Night Two" takes place at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC on Sunday, April 9, 2006 at 5:00PM. The Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC is located at 1110 Bates Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90029. Tickets are $20 for each night, or $30 for both nights, and will be available at the door. For more information, please visit http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com or email info@prowrestlingguerrilla.com.
Last edited by PWG_Silverback on Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:33 pm

My lord... this looks like the 2 most fun nights of wrestling ever. I really mean that...

Briscoes Vs. Hero/Claudio? SD Vs. Joey vs. Bosh? Briscoes Vs. Arrogance? Sydal Vs. Steen? Not to mention everything else. Good night! PWG has done it again, I can't wait for these shows.
TigerDriver98

Postby Peace » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:40 pm

Joey Ryan vs. ???
Dino has a mystery opponent in store for Joey Ryan, and if Joey manages to retain the title on Night One, the PWG World Championship will be on the line!

FRANKIE KAZARIAN!!!!!
Peace

Postby El Asian » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:43 pm

sounds great, would love to go to this, especially the matches involving the Briscoes and the 3way, we all know what Dragon is capable against Joey and Bosh before, some of Dragon's best matches were against those 2 and I wonder if Joey's mystery opponent is someone thats already in PWG or somebody new, either it should be interesting
El Asian

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:46 pm

Peace wrote:
Joey Ryan vs. ???

FRANKIE KAZARIAN!!!!!

Joey's mystery opponent for Night 2 just SCREAMS "American Dragon" at me. I don't know who else would really work...
TigerDriver98

Postby El Asian » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:00 am

I want to say that Joey's opponent will be a wrestler with American in his name but Dragon more like a Balloon
El Asian

Postby It's A Bomb » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:40 am

This lineup is so stacked, it's not even funny. Sydal/Steen will be nuts. Their TPI encounter was really good. B-Boy/Excalibur is going to be nuts. Their CZW match was really good. The Three Way Dance is going to be awesome. All three guys have worked so well with eachother in the past, and bringing back the Dragon/Joey feud for a night has be pumped. The tag matches on Night 1 look off the charts amazing! KOW/Briscoes should kick all sorts of ass, and the Luchas/Cape Fear match should be filled with tons of fun stuff. I hope Strong faces Sydal on Night 2, same with Yang against M-Dogg. I think Arrogance/Briscoes is going to be just as awesome as the tag titles match. ASW 3 looks great, and it's awesome to see some matches with guys fighting for a chance at the title during the weekend, as it gives the shows a great feel and makes things hard to predict. Kudos to PWG for putting on great shows.
It's A Bomb

Postby WannaB » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:54 am

FUCKBUCKETS!!!

This is going to be sweet!

I less than three PWG!!!
WannaB

Postby Peace » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:15 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:
Peace wrote:
Joey Ryan vs. ???

FRANKIE KAZARIAN!!!!!

Joey's mystery opponent for Night 2 just SCREAMS "American Dragon" at me. I don't know who else would really work...

PWG tradition states that the mystery opponent willd be Frankie Kazarian.
Peace

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:58 pm

Unless of course, Frankie is already in the match. Then tradition states that it will be either Jardi Frantz or CM Punk.

I hope it is American Dragon though. As ROH announced that he will be moving to Philly soon, so this could be our last chance to see him for a while. Plus it'd make sense as PWG is sorta presenting Joey as an "inferior" wrestler. So who better (not Kanyon) for him to face than the "Best in the world" American Dragon? It's a match I've wanted to see since Joey did his "Technical Wizard Series" last year. They did have an OK match on that NJPW-USA TV show a few years ago, but I'm sure they could do much better with more time. Dunno who else they could get... well... if Jardi's busy that is.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Scorpio Sky will win the mini-tourney?
TigerDriver98

Postby Rish To The Rosh » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:16 pm

I gotsta say this, just to get it out of the way, but that mystery opponent person, maybe it's Sean Waltman? Yeah, you never know, or I never know. He probably never knows!

Moving on, that line-up looks stacked with loads of great matches that for some reason haven't happened before. MDogg 20/Perkins should be awesome, as well as Briscoe's/TKOW, and that 3-way, and Arrogance/Briscoe's (Fuck this shit up, that should be spectacular).

I predict a Sydal/Scorpio final with Scorps winning it.
Rish To The Rosh

Postby SoCalAndy » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:25 pm

I gotsta say this, just to get it out of the way, but that mystery opponent person, maybe it's Sean Waltman?

I hope he never steps foot inside a PWG ring.

TigerDriver98 wrote:

Unless of course, Frankie is already in the match. Then tradition states that it will be either Jardi Frantz or CM Punk.

You forgot Steve Corino, Lit, Deranged, and Christopher Daniels.

I can't wait for these shows. The tag matches for the weekend look amazing. Kings Of Wrestling/Briscoes! Holy shit! The possible Sydal/Strong and Steen/Strong matches look awesome too, and the Triple Threat match for Night 1 will tear shit up.
SoCalAndy

Postby scrub » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:44 pm

STACKED WEEKEND! YOU'D BE SILLY TO MISS THESE SHOWS. MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK. BUT I REALLY AM EXCITED ABOUT THESE SHOWS SO MY MISHAP WORKS OUT.
scrub

Random thought...

Postby MrFantastic » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:17 pm

scrub wrote:STACKED WEEKEND! YOU'D BE SILLY TO MISS THESE SHOWS. MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK. BUT I REALLY AM EXCITED ABOUT THESE SHOWS SO MY MISHAP WORKS OUT.

My FAVORITE Scrub quote... Ever!

...that is all.
MrFantastic

Postby nodq » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:26 am

I'll be there! :wink:
nodq

Postby bford24 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:41 am

WOW!!!! This show does look like the biggest card yet. I don't know what the biggest audience ever was(maybe BOLA Night 1), but this one will be crazy packed(thank god it's not July). It will be very much worth the 30 bucks.
bford24

Postby Lee » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:20 pm

Matt Sydal versus Steen.. that's going to be sick. Sydal versus Generico was awesome in TPI.
Lee

Postby luca brasi » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:58 am

mystery opponent (swerve): SAMOA JOE (I'm surprised no one else has said it)!
luca brasi

Postby SoCalAndy » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:30 pm

I pray to God that Samoa Joe never steps foot into a PWG ring again.
SoCalAndy

Postby El Asian » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:39 pm

I firmly believe that its going to be Kamala
El Asian

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum