District 9

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

District 9

Postby CheMateo » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:11 pm

Has anyone seen it? I barely saw it the other day. It was not what I was expecting. I didn't have any real idea what it was about other than an alien aircraft comes to Earth and some humans don't like it. I never really paid any attention to the trailers and the posters at various bus stops amused me. I actually thought this was going to be a more kid friendly movie. I didn't want to see this actually. I went with some friends and thought we were going to see The Hurt Locker. When they asked for tickets to District 9, I was puzzled and disappointed. But I kept quiet. I have no regrets watching this. Top marks.
CheMateo

Re: District 9

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:20 pm

I thought it was good. I think this is what would happen if aliens landed on earth. It was a bit hard to follow all the time for me, but I was able to get the entire story.
Fsportsentertainment

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:00 pm

If aliens come to earth we're dead because we would attack...

I thought it was a great movie, it actually made you care for the aliens. I thought they were the bad guys and we were. I can't wait for district 10
Souf Centrol

Postby er0k » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:16 pm

I dont think district 10 is coming even though it looks like a sequel may come out. I honestly hope im wrong, this is my fav sci-fi movie now.
er0k

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:25 am

The movie was about prejudice that already exists today. They put a serious twist on it though. It was a great movie in my opinion.

I'm surprised more people didn't like it. But the sad part is that too many people were too ignorant to the message in held as well as what was going on once the movie got past the insanity in the beginning.

I loved it though. It was a great movie. Highly recommended.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby CheMateo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:35 am

I personally hope there won't be a sequel. The way the film ends is fine. A sequel feels unnecessary, sort of like Godfather III.
CheMateo

Return to General Discussion