PWG "Beyond The Thunderdome" results

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG "Beyond The Thunderdome" results

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:20 am

1. Nemesis/Disco Machine and Ronin defeated Alex Koslov, Top Gun Talwar and Bino Gambino - Afterward Koslov turned on Top Gun/Bino and Ronin turned on Nemesis/Dsico Machine... and apparently Koslov/Ronin form a team

2. TJ Perkins defeated Mr. Excitement in a good match up.

3. Cape Fear Over Arrogance in an amazing match to win the #1 contendership for the tag titles.

4. B-Boy over Kevin Steen to win the 1# contendership

5. Scorpio Sky over Human Tornado when Jade Chung turned on Human Tornado and sided with Sky.

6. Joey Ryan Over Chris Sabin - Kinda hard to explain, but this had the DUSTY FINISH BABAY~ as Sabin pinned Joey to become the new champion, BUT the fall was counted by Dino Winwood and not an official ref so the match was restarted and Joey got the win

7. Super Dragon/Davey Richards Over AJ Styles/Chris Daniels to retain the PWG Tag Team titles. Another great defense for SD/Davey.

Another very good show... but it gets better....

ALL STAR WEEKEND 3 announced for 4-8 and 4-9 with THE BRISCOE BROTHERS, Matt Sydal, M-Dogg 20, Chris Hero, Double C, Roderick Strong, Chris Sabin, Jimmy Yang, Excalibur, Frankie Kazarian and all the PWG regulars set to appear.
TigerDriver98

Postby bford24 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:35 am

Sounds like a great night. Koslov/Ronin is an interesting team. I kinda saw the Jade Chung heel turn coming.

WOW!!!! All Star Weekend sounds incredible. All those huge stars make it seem like it should be a 3 day weekend of shows. I can't wait to see all of that take place.
bford24

Postby scrub » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:14 am

Consistency. That's what PWG's all about, baby. And PWG delivers with yet another solid show. Lower turnout than usual, probably because of the "wacky" weather. But the diehards still showed up, which is a group that is increasing month after month. Random thoughts:

- HOUSE LIGHTS ON! No more facemelting. I dunno if this is a good thing or bad thing. PWG loses that "professional look" on DVD, but like I said, no more facemelting. Image

- We need more Bino Gambino. Because he reminds me of Matthew Lesko. And I freaking love Matthew Lesko. Bino's solid and needs some time to shine in a singles, or at least a regular tag.

- Perkins/Excitement was really good, yet I think the PWG crowd has been conditioned to expect TEH SPOTZ, which is unfortunate. A couple "boring" catcalls, which got shut up later on in the evening with both B-Boy and Steen getting in a "bored" fan's face on several occasions.

- Cape Fear and Arrogance once again tear the roof off the JCC, in what was the crowd's MOTN (solely judging that based on the "This Is Awesome" chants). Chris Bosh's face gets obliterated with a Generico Yakuza Kick in the corner. ABSOLUTELY OBLITERATED. Then, Bosh ate a turnbuckle brainbuster for his troubles and Cape Fear gets the win.

- B-Boy busts out the crazy moveset with a huracanrana (?!!) and a moonsault from the top to the floor (!!!). Finish was a slick little counter out of the Package Piledriver into a sweet roll up.

- I'm eating up the drama. I was digging the Jade Chung heel turn, and the Joey/Sabin DUSTY FINISH BABY. I dunno why, because I hate Dusty finishes. It was well done though. The emotion was there, the crowd was eating it up along with me.

- Main event was good, proving SoCalAndy wrong. Although, it was more Davey Richards getting the critical beatdown throughout the match with SD waiting for the hot tag. AJ and Daniels busted out lots of cool double teams. AJ gave SD two shoot double leg takedowns for breaking up AJ's pin attempts. Pretty intense interactions between AJ and SD. Crowd was hot for this.

ASW THREE is looking rather "SIQ", as the kids say. The PWG regular roster always delivers, no doubt about that. But the "all stars" being brought in make me go Image I dunno who I'm more stoked for... Hero and Double C being brought back should be fanfuckingtastic... from PWG's past comes M-DOGG MOTHERFUCKING 20. He hasn't been back in PWG since he split his ballsack in Santa Ana, so that's a real treat in itself too. Plus, the BRISCOE BROTHERS?! Haven't seen them since the 4th PWG show. Great additions. MATT SYDAL?! One of my new favorite wrestlers to watch. This guy is so so clean and crisp. Rod Strong! Backbreakers for everyone! YES! And EXCALIBUR!!!! Dishing out the pain in copious amounts. The ASW3 roster looks to be smoking both ASW1 and ASW2 rosters. I can't wait! I expect attendance for this to be high.
scrub

Postby JayJay » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:36 am

SUPER stoked to see M-Dogg back out west. I've seen him work back home in Cleveland, and it's so good to see him come out west. Let's hope he brings Josh with him.

I didn't make the show tonight, but I'm definitely going to ASW. I don't know how ASW is run - is there any package deals for tickets for both shows, or is it $20 each night?
JayJay

Postby scrub » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:37 am

There's a package deal for $30 if you go to both nights. Otherwise, $20 each.
scrub

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:29 am

FUCK YEAH! M-DOGG! FUCK YEAH! BRISCOES! FUCK YEAH! FUCK YEAH! MATT SYDAL! FUCK YEAH!

That Cape Fear/Arrogance match was really awesome. I didn't get into their first match, but this one was fuckng amazing. Cape Fear/Dragon and Richards 3! That match is going to be so awesome. Great show overall tonight.
SoCalAndy

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:54 am

scrub wrote: We need more Bino Gambino. Because he reminds me of Matthew Lesko. And I freaking love Matthew Lesko. Bino's solid and needs some time to shine in a singles, or at least a regular tag.

Maybe it's just me (and it usually is) but Bino really reminds me of Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. When they played a Chili Peppers song to start off intermission I half expected to see Bino over there singing it.

Eh? Well.. ummm I am liking him in PWG though (nice to see all the new local regulars they've added lately) Hope they stick with the Bino-Top Gun Talwar team for a bit. I'm looking forward to seeing more of his work, I may have to check him out in EWF sometime.

Anyways, tonight's show was highly enjoyable. Good matches all round and some interesting story line twists (somehow I think Sky gets the PWG title before this year is over) Both tag matches were the highlights for me. AJ getting the better of SD was a real :shock: moment.

ASW3 is looking amazing, and not a single match has even been announced! Real surprises with Briscoes and M-Dogg returning for the first time in years, and the debut of one of the better up and coming flyers out there in Matt Sydal. Plus the usual great special attractions in Hero, CC, Strong and Yang. Once again PWG doesn't mess around with their super cards... this is sure to be a great set of shows.
TigerDriver98

Postby Lee » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:58 am

Matt Sydal! That makes me a happy pappy or something.
Lee

Postby bford24 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:39 am

Yeah ASW 3 is going to be off the charts. I have never seen most of those new guys live, I can't wait. Attendance for that is going to be really high, thank god it isn't the dead of summer. Those shows last year were insanely hot inside the JCC.
bford24

Postby Mike Arsenal » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:09 am

Did anyone bsides me notice that when Jade turned heel she INSTANTLY became hotter?
Mike Arsenal

Postby dxreydx » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:31 pm

Briscoes live? The great thing about PWG you actually look forward to the tag matches, I wonder who they would face Arrogance maybe, SD and Richards would be nice too. Missed the past few shows, but this weekend will make up for all that.
dxreydx

Postby scrub » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:48 pm

Oh yeah, and much props goes to Tornado for doing his thing in the cast. Top rope somersault plancha to the floor was :shock: :shock: :shock:

And I love calling out his finisher... heh.
scrub

Postby Doggie 6:32 Crack » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:54 pm

man after seeing the results from last night im glad i just walked right in during the break. saving myself $20 suckas!!! did you guys really think Dragon deserves my $20 for being the main event AGAIN?????? damn Super Dragon even Triple H draws the line somewhere. :twisted:
Doggie 6:32 Crack

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:24 pm

scrub wrote:Oh yeah, and much props goes to Tornado for doing his thing in the cast. Top rope somersault plancha to the floor was :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeah, his match was really good. Sky worked the leg over really well. The Jade Chung heel turn was awesome, mostly because of the "PINCHE PUTA" chants from the cholo looking dudes. Those guys were awesome. I wish there were more fans like them, because they had a really great time. I talked to one dude who said it was his first time, and he really loved the show! He also loved Generico's music.
SoCalAndy

Postby Hulkushi » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:16 pm

Mike Arsenal wrote:Did anyone bsides me notice that when Jade turned heel she INSTANTLY became hotter?

that happens to all female heel turns

Trish...Mickie....Jade
Hulkushi

Postby astro_zombie » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:37 pm

Hulkushi wrote:
Mike Arsenal wrote:Did anyone bsides me notice that when Jade turned heel she INSTANTLY became hotter?

that happens to all female heel turns

Trish...Mickie....Jade

bad girls are hot girls
astro_zombie

Postby scrub » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:10 am

SoCalAndy wrote:
scrub wrote:Oh yeah, and much props goes to Tornado for doing his thing in the cast. Top rope somersault plancha to the floor was :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeah, his match was really good. Sky worked the leg over really well. The Jade Chung heel turn was awesome, mostly because of the "PINCHE PUTA" chants from the cholo looking dudes. Those guys were awesome. I wish there were more fans like them, because they had a really great time. I talked to one dude who said it was his first time, and he really loved the show! He also loved Generico's music.

PINCHE PUTA CHANTS WERE TREMENDOUS.
scrub

Postby npdavis » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:38 pm

Sydal in PWG has been a dream of mine for quite a while.
npdavis

Postby FallenDragon » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:27 pm

I dont know if it was just me, or did anyone else get extremely annoyed by the fan in the red shirt walking around and over doing it with the cheering during Steen/B-Boy
FallenDragon

Postby SoCalAndy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:53 pm

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Kevin Steen's promo. It was pretty hilarious, and the photo of a three year old Kevin Steen being afraid of a black sheep and being pushed by his dad to it was amazing.
SoCalAndy

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum