DDT4 on May 22, 2009 - Tickets on sale now!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 on May 22, 2009 - Tickets on sale now!

Postby b2u » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:13 am

Alright, based on this announcement, I'm making some bold predictions. Team TWA win the tournament in the finals against the Young Bucks (Dragon vs. The Young Bucks has never happened) and set up a rematch down the line. I say the first round will be The Dynasty vs. Hero and Roddy and at the end Roddy turns on Hero and joins the Dynasty. Joey said some surprises are in store and Roddy's PWG act is a little stale now. This would change his character out here, kind of reinventing Roddy's character if you will. I mean, image Roddy acting like Joey and just playing a completely different heel act than before. It would be hilarious, like a spoof of a what a heel is suppose to be, but it would Roddy acting liking a ridiculous heel like Joey and Bosh. And in a way, he would spoofing the fact that he can't cut a promo, so he might as well just purposely make bad promos and it would become a gimmick within itself. And give him a catchphrase like "I'm Roderick Strong, and I can talk!" or some shit like that. Based on watching Dragon's matches at 99 and 100, it seems the socal crowds have an excellent sense of low brow humor and I've come to realize that PWG is just great satire to wrestling in general and its almost like an homage to all the reasons why we love wrestling in the first place. But yeah, that's my bold prediction. Oh, and I'm pretty sure CHIKARA owes PWG a favor for the last three years of participation in the trios tournaments so I bet they'll send The Osirian Portal, who seem to be the top tag team and faction in CHIKARA right now or the Super Smash Brothers for comedy. That's all for now.
b2u

Postby watts63 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:29 am

That was predictable but London & Danielson will kick ass.
watts63

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:39 am

This promo was just posted on the PWG YouTube account:

London's Jim Kelly t-shirt is fucking awesome.
TigerDriver98

Postby watts63 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:40 am

After just watching that, The American Dolphin & The Dolphin Master has my vote LOL.
watts63

Postby Htornado » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:07 am

That promo was awesome.
Htornado

Postby Meltman » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:12 am

AmDrag/London is the best team in DDT4 history. Bar none.

Now that they've been announced, I predict The Dynasty over Hero/Strong in round 1, then Dynasty losing to AmDrag/London (who I'd love to see reach the finals) in the next round.

Can't wait to see who's next.
Meltman

Postby CheMateo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:28 am

That was an awesome promo. The Jim Kelly ("Williams") shirt was cool, there was an Island of Dr. Moreau reference and Danielson was breaking character! Let's all join the buzz! The Dolphin Master & American Dolphin are my choice to take DDT 4.
CheMateo

Postby CPG » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:51 am

Since Danielson didn't get London's "Dr. Moreau" reference, I know what I'm getting the Dragon for his birthday:

http://www.amazon.com/Island-Dr-Moreau- ... 251&sr=1-1
CPG

Postby npdavis » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:54 am

Join the swarm, folks.
npdavis

Postby WannaB » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:17 pm

CPG wrote:Since Danielson didn't get London's "Dr. Moreau" reference, I know what I'm getting the Dragon for his birthday:

Get him the Brando/Kilmer/Thewlis movie adaptation instead. If he's stoned it will be more entertaining than the book.
WannaB

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:43 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:This promo was just posted on the PWG YouTube account:

London's Jim Kelly t-shirt is fucking awesome.

That shit was hilarious!!!! I love how Danielson had to get out of the camera view in the beginning because he wanted to laugh so hard.

That had to be some of the funniest shit I've seen in a while!!!

American Dolphin and the Dolphin Master FTW!!! lol

BUZZZ!!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Zwarrior2 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Team TWA or American Dolphin & The Dolphin Master or whatever they go by has my full endorsement to win this tournament.
Zwarrior2

Postby KelSteenerico » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:51 pm

best part is when they remember Scott Lost and they nod their heads up in unison.

"Joey Rya-SCOTT LOOOST~!!"
KelSteenerico

Postby OSKMIA » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:31 pm

The American Dolphin Masters FTW!!! HAHAHA!

PWG promos are coming back strong!
OSKMIA

Postby WorldsFinest. » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:49 pm

i wanna get stoned with paul london, and if possible, bryan danielson too.
WorldsFinest.

Postby Hulkushi » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

I'm going to say that I really want Cape Fear and Hero/Scorpio as teams
Hulkushi

DDT4 on May 22, 2009 - Sixth & Seventh Teams Announced!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:47 pm

On Friday, May 22, 2009, at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, eight of the best tag teams in professional wrestling will collide at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4, and tickets for this event are on sale now at the DDT4 Mini-Site! Front Row tickets are $25, and General Admission tickets are $20!

With less than a handful of appearances in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla to their credit, Brandon and Dustin Cutler have impressed the Board of Directors enough to earn themselves the sixth spot in 2009's DDT4. The Cutler Brothers made their Pro Wrestling Guerrilla debut earlier this year against Los Luchas, but it wasn't until World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks offered the Cutlers an impromptu shot at the titles at One Hundred that Brandon and Dustin were viewed as a legitimate tag team force. Now, The Cutler Brothers have an opportunity to climb to the very top of the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla tag team scene in a single night. Are the brothers prepared, or with the other seven teams be caught unawares by the Cutlers?

The seventh team to enter Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 are probably the least surprising entry into the tournament, but that is no knock on their abilities; The Young Bucks are the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Champions for a reason! Currently in Japan competing for Dragon Gate, Matt and Nick Jackson have the second longest reign of any Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Champions, and if they successfully defend the titles in Japan, they will come back to the United States and put the titles on the line at DDT4!

If The Young Bucks come into DDT4 as champions, then every match the brothers have on May 22 will be a title match. El Generico and "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen attempted to defend the titles throughout the tournament at 2008's DDT4, but were unable to make it past the final round. Will The Young Bucks be able to do what no other team in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla history could? Find out on May 22 at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4!

Speaking of El Generico, the former World Champion and World Tag Team Champion has been such a big part of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla over the last four years that we feel it fair to announce he will not be competing at DDT4 due to injury. We at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla wish him a speedy and complete recovery.

Team 1 -- The Dynasty (Scott Lost & Joey Ryan)

Team 2 -- Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre)

Team 3 -- Kenny Omega & Chuck Taylor

Team 4 -- Chris Hero & Roderick Strong

Team 5 -- Bryan Danielson & Paul London

Team 6 -- The Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin Cutler)

Team 7 -- The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

Check back on Monday, April 27 to find out the final team to be entered in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4! Visit the DDT4 Mini-Site to get your tickets today!
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Evilguest » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:49 pm

WannaB wrote:
CPG wrote:Since Danielson didn't get London's "Dr. Moreau" reference, I know what I'm getting the Dragon for his birthday:

Get him the Brando/Kilmer/Thewlis movie adaptation instead. If he's stoned it will be more entertaining than the book.

Who is bringing the German Chocolate cake?
Evilguest

Postby Htornado » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:06 pm

I wonder who the last team is. Come on down, Dark and Lovely! Make it happen PWG!
Htornado

Re: DDT4 on May 22, 2009 - Sixth & Seventh Teams Announced!

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Two more good picks. I like it when the locals are given the spotlight in PWG. The titles being on the line makes things a little more interesting. But I really don't want to see the Bucks win DDT4 or lose the titles so soon. I guess we will see how this plays out.

Very unfortunate about Generico. I was really looking forward to seeing him team with Steen, Cabana, Tornado or whoever in this. I hope he gets well soon.

Anyway, what a mystery the final team is. I have absolutely no clue who it could be. Do they go with Davey Richards and Super Dragon again? A Dragon Gate unit? No Limit? MCMGs? Sky/Tornado? B-Boy and someone? Abby and Kevin Sullivan? Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki? PWG usually likes to close things out with a big announcement, so it should definitely be fun finding out on Monday.
TigerDriver98

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum