CIMA explains ROH/Dragon Gate relation demise

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

CIMA explains ROH/Dragon Gate relation demise

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:28 am

CIMA recently posted the following on his MySpace.

"Hello everyone!

I have been receiving inquiries like "why aren't Dragon Gate wrestlers on the ROH Wrestle Mania weekend shows?" or "What is the relationship between Dragon Gate and ROH?"

Well, I can't tell you in detail because our lawyer is working on this case in the States, but what I can tell you is Dragon Gate no longer has any relationship with ROH. One of the reason is because we haven't got payment from the past ROH show held in Japan in September 2008. Some of the ROH wrestlers' airfare and their guarantees were supposed be shared between two companies, but the promise had never been kept. I recently hear from some of my dear friends not being paid by ROH as well. Any business is based on a trust, and we no longer wish to do any business with ROH again.

Dragon Gate wrestlers, however, love all ROH wrestlers as well as all its fans. So we are very sad that this situation is happening.

Please keep in mind that we are still planning to do our shows in the States, and we have a very good relationship with PWG in Los Angeles, CA.

Even though Dragon Gate hasn't announce the above statement to the media, I can't ignore my American fans. I just wanted to let you know what is going on. I will try to keep you updated with any of our future plan!

Please support Dragon Gate wrestling, and come cheer us when we wrestle in the States!

CIMA"

Ring of Honor posted a rebuttal, which also includes their addressing the Larry Sweeney situation.

"We would like to comment on several topics that have been addressed by outside sources over the past week in regards to Ring of Honor. This will be our only public comment in regards to these issues.

First, Alex Whybrow's (Larry Sweeney) claim that he is owed money from ROH. Mr. Whybrow is under contract with Ring of Honor. His contract clearly states that he is paid "X" amount of dollars when he appears for Ring of Honor. Mr. Whybrow has been paid in full for all dates in which he has performed in front of Ring of Honor fans. Any claims in regards to payment for dates in which he has been unable to perform is not in accordance with his ROH contract. Everybody at Ring of Honor would like to wish Alex the best of luck in dealing with his current issues.

Secondly, CIMA from the Dragon Gate promotion in Japan has made claims that Ring of Honor owes Dragon Gate money from our Sept. 2008 show stating "Some of the ROH wrestlers' airfare and their guarantees were supposed be shared between two companies, but the promise had never been kept." This statement is false. All Ring of Honor talent was paid in full for these events along with their airfare. CIMA and the Dragon Gate promotion are very well aware of what agreements they did not live up to in regards to the ROH/Dragon Gate show and why we choose to no longer do business with them."
Lord Akiyama

Re: CIMA explains ROH/Dragon Gate relation demise

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:12 pm

I have to believe CIMA here. He has always seemed so enthusiastic about working with the US promotions, I have a hard time believing he would just make something like this up.

Well, at least PWG still has a good relationship with DG. Here is hoping we see more Dragon Gate talent here in Southern California very soon.
TigerDriver98

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:24 pm

That second one sounds like they are just trying to cover up their mishaps. I know some people who can have bad business and in many types of business I have heard stuff like that. Of course in order to protect their ass they are going to try and make it seem like it's made up.

But CIMA seems sincere, and concerned. I mean it's work for him you know. Why make that up?

I understand business tactics being cut throat but to do it the way he did it was to bring it to light.

I'm glad PWG has a great standing though.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby BurningHammerMark » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:49 am

It's funny how ROH cries broke one minute yet break the bank to bring in Ric Flair and pay his ridiculous asking price the next minute.
BurningHammerMark

Postby WannaB » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:59 pm

BurningHammerMark wrote:It's funny how ROH cries broke one minute yet break the bank to bring in Ric Flair and pay his ridiculous asking price the next minute.

I wouldn't be surprised if HDnet helped out.
WannaB

Postby BurningHammerMark » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:04 pm

WannaB wrote:
BurningHammerMark wrote:It's funny how ROH cries broke one minute yet break the bank to bring in Ric Flair and pay his ridiculous asking price the next minute.

I wouldn't be surprised if HDnet helped out.

Yeah it's only logical explanation because before the HDNet deal, ROH was crying broke and didn't wanna bring in West Coast fly-ins and now they can suddenly afford Flair who carries a bigger asking price then anyone they have ever brought in before.
BurningHammerMark

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:43 pm

It kinda sucks that ROH and DG aren't working together anymore, but its great to hear that DG will still work with PWG.
Whoblehwah

Postby kenssmith » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:41 pm

It's news like this, among other things [such as being banned from the ROH board for no reason, booking, etc.] that has turned me totally off the ROH product and now has me investing time and money into PWG. Have not regretted my decision yet at all.
kenssmith

Return to General Discussion