R.I.P. A.W.S.

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

R.I.P. A.W.S.

Postby WannaB » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:54 pm

Written by Bart on SoCal Uncensored...

ALL LIVE AWS EVENTS ARE CANCELLED!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year has just started out very,very bad! On top of a very bad 2008 with the wrost economy in many years, After struggling to pay the rent and bills to keep our doors open for you the AWS fans. Well i was just handed paper work today from the INDUSTRY SHERIFF STATION stating that we are no longer going to be allowed to have our live events of any kind.

What has happend is that a flyer made by METAL HORDE PRODUCTIONS for a show in march was promoting the band M.D.C. that stands for MILLIONS OF DEAD COPS.The flyer was indeed over the top and not discrete at all! Someone in the department saw this flyer and reported it to the INDUSTRY SHERIFF STATION. They had went ahead and filed so much paper work on the AWS location, and have come up with so many ENTERTAINMENT licenses that there is no way that i can aford them.

Instead of just letting us cancell that show, they are not going to let us run anymore at all, if we try...they will shut it down and fine me.

Now without being able to do any live events and with the economy the way it is, i will not be able to aford the rent and bills to keep the AWS store open for much longer at all. It was my dream to make it to 10 full years in july.

but at this time i'm lucky to be here next month!!!

I'm sad, i'm sorry. i have done my best and there's nothing more that i can do! I wish the best to everyone and the socal scene,..but it's time for me to move aside and walk away from this business.

I just don't know what to say.
WannaB

Re: R.I.P. A.W.S.

Postby OSKMIA » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:34 pm

OSKMIA

Postby CheMateo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:53 pm

This is terribly depressing news. AWS is a landmark promotion in So Cal and it would be terrible to see it go under because of the touchy Sheriff Station. AWS was part of the trifecta of first indie promotions my friends took me to back in 03. Rev Pro is long gone and now it seems like AWS will become victim number 2. I really don't want to see that happen. :(

Bart just recently posted this:

Over the next two days, there are people to talk to and alot of shit to hit the fan! The show to be this sunday was basically a fund raiser as all the talent was going to work the show for free to give back to aws.
I was so looking forward to it and getting past the year 2008. Now just a few days into 2009 i get hit hard with this bullshit! Tomorrow i have a meeting with the owners of THE FRANK AND SON COLLECTIBLES SHOW and hopefully a meeting with the NWA as well. I will do what i can, i don't just give up! Keep your fingers crossed!!!!
I may say fuck it. and do the show. Maybe you can all see them take me to jail!!!!!!!! But now wouldn't that look really stupid on their department if it came to that?

Well let's see what the next few days brings on this matter as things are now in motion.
And the MDC show would of been a great show! It's just too bad that someone show'd the city of industry department that flyer before it could be changed.It would of been great to have bodycount play with them as well!!!!!!! Iwas at the bodycount shows when all the cops were flipping out! I remember throwing my friend onto ice-t when they were playing!

Anyways, cross your fingers and if this sunday show happens- I hope to see all of socal here if indeed this is the last AWS event!
CheMateo

Postby atox » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:24 pm

yeah Bart said there will be shows in 09.
atox

Postby atox » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:59 pm

they have a show March 22 be there!!
atox

Postby jazen1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:08 pm

AWS LIVES AS LONG AS. WE CONTINUE TO BUY STUFF FROM BART AND MAKE THE 22 nd SHOW A SELLOUT COME ON LET'S DO IT !!!!BART GOT SO MANY GOOD DVDS N RARE STUFF LET'S KEEP IT ALIVE!!! LONG LIVE AWS
jazen1

Return to General Discussion