Upcoming Movies

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Re: Upcoming Movies

Postby CheMateo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:30 pm

Terminator 4 Salvation teaser

CheMateo

Postby atox » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:48 am

To be honest, alot of its a blur as I dont remember details about each film. I have not really hated any Bond actor and as always the girls were all attracitve. I too am looking forward to this November to see Quantum of Solace
atox

Postby CheMateo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:23 pm

Watchmen trailer.

CheMateo

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:29 am

Finally a trailer for The Spirit is out. I have to say it looks very cool at least to me. I hope the good will Miller built up with the public through Sin City and 300 will make The Spirit a success.

Dr.Gonzo

Postby CheMateo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:23 am

Looks like Robocop will be back. Any fans? I remember bits of the first one. I don't remember the second film. The third one was a complete waste of time.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM) has signed Darren Aronofsky to direct and David Self to write a new installment for its "RoboCop" franchise. Aronofsky, the director of The Fountain, and Self, the writer of Road to Perdition, make a formidable creative team, fast tracking the RoboCop motion picture and spotlighting it as one of the most anticipated new films for 2010.

The announcement was made today by Mary Parent, Chairman, Worldwide Motion Picture Group, MGM.

In making the announcement Parent said: "Darren is undeniably one of the most talented, original and visceral film makers, and David is one of the greatest writers in Hollywood. All of us at MGM couldn't be more excited."

Phoenix Pictures' Mike Medavoy, Arnold Messer, Brad Fischer and David Thwaites will produce "RoboCop." Cale Boyter, Executive Vice President Production at MGM will oversee the project for the studio.

Phoenix Pictures' Chairman and CEO Mike Medavoy said: "After making the first 'RoboCop' at Orion more than 20 years ago, I'm thrilled to be helping to return this character to the screen with our partners at MGM and through the eyes of Darren Aronofsky and David Self."

Phoenix co-presidents Brad Fischer and David Thwaites added: "With a filmmaker of Darren Aronofsky's vision and imagination and a writer of David Self's caliber, we are poised to bring to the screen an entertaining and provocative film, which will now be under the creative guidance of two of the best storytellers working in our industry today."

The original RoboCop, which premiered in 1987, was "part man, part machine and all cop." The film's storyline focused on the future of law enforcement as a terminally wounded cop returns to the police force as a powerful cyborg haunted by submerged memories. The original film was nominated for two Academy Awards -- Best Film Editing and Best Sound.

CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:02 pm

CheMateo wrote:Looks like Robocop will be back. Any fans? I remember bits of the first one. I don't remember the second film. The third one was a complete waste of time.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM) has signed Darren Aronofsky to direct and David Self to write a new installment for its "RoboCop" franchise. Aronofsky, the director of The Fountain, and Self, the writer of Road to Perdition, make a formidable creative team, fast tracking the RoboCop motion picture and spotlighting it as one of the most anticipated new films for 2010.

The announcement was made today by Mary Parent, Chairman, Worldwide Motion Picture Group, MGM.

In making the announcement Parent said: "Darren is undeniably one of the most talented, original and visceral film makers, and David is one of the greatest writers in Hollywood. All of us at MGM couldn't be more excited."

Phoenix Pictures' Mike Medavoy, Arnold Messer, Brad Fischer and David Thwaites will produce "RoboCop." Cale Boyter, Executive Vice President Production at MGM will oversee the project for the studio.

Phoenix Pictures' Chairman and CEO Mike Medavoy said: "After making the first 'RoboCop' at Orion more than 20 years ago, I'm thrilled to be helping to return this character to the screen with our partners at MGM and through the eyes of Darren Aronofsky and David Self."

Phoenix co-presidents Brad Fischer and David Thwaites added: "With a filmmaker of Darren Aronofsky's vision and imagination and a writer of David Self's caliber, we are poised to bring to the screen an entertaining and provocative film, which will now be under the creative guidance of two of the best storytellers working in our industry today."

The original RoboCop, which premiered in 1987, was "part man, part machine and all cop." The film's storyline focused on the future of law enforcement as a terminally wounded cop returns to the police force as a powerful cyborg haunted by submerged memories. The original film was nominated for two Academy Awards -- Best Film Editing and Best Sound.

dear God, I hope Sting brings in Robocop as his tag partner on TNA
El Asian

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:22 pm

Punisher War Zone

Another Punisher trailer

Venom might get his own spin off. I think there is potential there as long as Raimi and Grace have nothing to do with it. I hope that movie takes a more serious tone and drops the silly camp that was in the 3rd SpiderMan.

Movie bosses are reportedly in negotiations to produce a Spider-Man spin-off film - based on the superhero's arch nemesis Venom.

The villainous character - an evil alien symbiote - appeared in the third installment of the comic book action franchise, 2007's Spider-Man 3, and inhabited the body of the photojournalist played by Topher Grace.

The movie will be in addition to the forthcoming Spider-Man 4 film, which is expected to hit cinemas in 2011, according to Empireonline.com.
Dr.Gonzo

Postby Zwarrior2 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:01 am

CheMateo wrote:Looks like Robocop will be back. Any fans? I remember bits of the first one. I don't remember the second film. The third one was a complete waste of time.

Clearly this is being made to spite Scott Lost, since his hatred for Robocop is well known.
Zwarrior2

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:21 pm

Hey guys, I don't know if this movie has been mentioned yet but it's a new wrestling documentary called "Card Subject to Change" and it's going to features wrestlers like Necro, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, DDP, Lex Luger, etc. it's going to focus on indy wrestling/wrestlers. Here is the link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816362/
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby El Asian » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:21 pm

Kevin Smith manages to watch the Watchmen and gives a small review that gives me hope for the movie
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/08/15/kev ... stounding/

bad news for the upcoming Punisher movie, any faith I had left with the movie despite the absence of Thomas Jane might got thrown out of the window
http://chud.com/articles/articles/15957 ... Page1.html
El Asian

Postby CheMateo » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:26 pm

Here are a couple of movies I would like to see.

Taken with Liam Neeson and Famke Janssen. It opens September 19th.

Red with Brian Cox and Tom Sizemore.
CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:19 am

Choke.

CheMateo

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:05 pm

I'm really hoping that any plans to make a sequel to the last Superman movie get scrapped. I just read an article, in which Mark Millar has been approached about possibly being involved in a future Superman project. I really hope that WB goes with Millar and forgets about Superman returns.

Warner Bros. may scrap plans for a sequel to Superman Returns and reboot the entire franchise, courtesy of one of the best comic book writers in the business, Mark Millar!

In a recent interview, writer Mark Millar (Wanted, The Ultimates, Superman: Red Son) mentioned that he had been approached about revamping the Superman franchise. The revamp would be a trilogy, with all three films shot consecutively.

Millar said:

"A director approached me about three months ago and he said, 'Look, The Man Of Steel [the planned Bryan Singer sequel] might not be happening. If that doesn
Dr.Gonzo

Postby CheMateo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:56 pm

I guess this news isn't exactly fresh off the press but I just read about it, so it's new to me. Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi, unfortunately, will be returning to the Spider Man franchise. Maguire made out like a bandit by getting paid a reported $50 million (ridiculous) for both Spider Man IV and V. Maguire also has a clause in his contract which gives him "family time". That means no early or late shoots. The plans are to shoot part IV and V back to back. I was really hoping for a fresh start after that vile third chapter. For the first time ever, I will not be looking forward to an installment of Spider Man.
CheMateo

Postby atox » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:07 pm

^^
but you will still go out and pay to see it.
atox

Postby bford24 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:38 pm

Anything will be better than the upcoming Conan movie being done by Brett Ratner. I hear that is in the pipleline and it sounds like a bad idea. He also wants to do a movie about Guitar Hero, which I can't think of any way to make that cool.

I don't mind the same group doing all of the Spiderman movies. They are all pretty entertaining and they make major bank, so while they are popular with audiences they will keep getting the money.
bford24

Postby CheMateo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:11 pm

atox wrote:Spider Man 4 & 5.
^^
but you will still go out and pay to see it.
To be honest, no I wouldn't. I might hop into one after watching something else but it would take a serious over haul to get into the film series again. I just don't see any real changes happening with the same creative team and studio involvement.
CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:58 pm

Here is the trailer for Religulous.

CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:58 pm

- I'm a bit tired of Johnny Depp, although I know El Asian is a fan, I have to say that I am excited about what should be Depp's next project. The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson is finally being made into a feature length film. The Rum Diary was Thompson's first novel but it was not published until 1998. The Rum Diary is a quasi-fictional account of Thompson as Paul Kemp. The story focuses on alcoholic writer Paul Kemp as he becomes involved in a complicated love triangle at the run-down San Juan Daily newspaper in Puerto Rico where he has just been employed. The book is chock full of amusing, self destructive characters. I read this book back in 02 and I've been waiting since then for it to be adapted into a film. Back in 03 the Rum Diary was full of momentum, Depp and Benicio Del Toro were to be reunited on this film and Nick Nolte & Josh Hartnett were set to co-star. Then for whatever reason things full through. Now that Depp has completed Public Enemies, it seems like this film is back on track. Ads for an open casting call for the role Chenault has been advertised recently. Chenault is Kemp's love interest in the story. The Rum Diary is tentatively set to start shooting in March of this year. Public Enemies is scheduled for release here in the U.S. on July 1st.

- This morning I heard Ralph Garman mention that a certain TV show that used to star Mr. T is being made into a movie. I wonder how TigerDriver98 will take to this. Yes, The A-Team is getting made into a movie. I mean really, who can replace Mr. T or George Peppard? All of your favorite characters will appear. B.A. Baracus, Face, Hannibal Smith and Murdock. Joe Carnahan is set to direct.

More details have been released of the eagerly-awaited film version of 1980s TV classic 'The A-Team'.

Variety reports that 'Smokin' Aces' and 'Narc' director Joe Carnahan will direct the film, with production set to begin in June.

Ridley Scott and the creator of the TV series, Stephen J Cannell, are among the producers of the film, which is due for release in June 2010.

Director Carnahan said that the film would retain the TV show's storyline of four soldiers-turned-guns-for-hire who are on the run after being wrongly accused of an armed robbery.

However, the action will be updated to the present day, with the Middle East replacing Vietnam as the place where the quartet did their tour of duty.

- Well according to a one, punkerhardcore, "Will Smith whips out penis, takes a piss on my childhood."
Columbia Pictures is back in the dojo with a new version of the 1984 hit "The Karate Kid," which has been refashioned as a star vehicle for Jaden Smith.

The film will be produced by Jerry Weintraub (who launched the original franchise) and Overbrook Entertainment's James Lassiter, Will Smith and Ken Stovitz. Will Smith, who is the 10-year-old actor's father, co-starred alongside Jaden in his feature debut, "The Pursuit of Happyness," which Overbrook and Escape Artists produced for Columbia.

The script is being written by Chris Murphy, and the film will shoot next year in Beijing and other cities. While the new film will be set in that exotic locale, it will borrow elements of the original plot, wherein a bullied youth learns to stand up for himself with the help of an eccentric mentor.

China Film Group Corp. will co-produce in China.

The younger Smith, who next stars in "The Day the Earth Stood Still," is a martial arts practitioner.

Columbia presidents Doug Belgrad and Matt Tolmach said they had been trying to find a way to bring back the series, which began with three films that featured Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita. A subsequent film launched the career of Hilary Swank.

Here are some previews of some upcoming films.

Dragon Ball Z preview. It does not look promising.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1955063/dragon_ball_z_the_movie_official_trailer_by_poojan/

Everyones favorite slasher, Jason Voorhees is back Friday the 13th of February.

This movie has come up a bit in this thread, so it is only fitting that we finally post the preview. Street Fighter: The Legned of Chun Li.

Thundercats.
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:06 pm

CheMateo wrote:This morning I heard Ralph Garman mention that a certain TV show that used to star Mr. T is being made into a movie. I wonder how TigerDriver98 will take to this. Yes, The A-Team is getting made into a movie.

Sacrilege. But by now, I am very used to seeing things that I enjoy being remade as things I cannot stand. For example, I hear they are remaking the Warriors...
TigerDriver98

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion