PWG Results

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG Results

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:16 am

Alex Koslov def. Topgun Talwer

Disco Machine and Nemesis def. Dark and Lovely (Sky and Tornado)

B-Boy def. Frankie Kazarian

Cape Fear (Generico and 'Silver) and Arrogance went to a no contest after Joey Ryan and Super Dragon interfered.

Chris Sabin def. Alex Shelley

Joey Ryan def. Kevin Steen

Super Dragon and Davey Richards def. Roderick Strong and Jack Evans

Next show:

PWG Title: Joey Ryan Vs. Chris Sabin
Tag Titles: SD/Davey Vs. AJ Styles/Christopher Daniels
Arrogance Vs. Cape Fear - 1# contenders rematch
B-Boy Vs. Kevin Steen - 1# contenders match
Scorpio Sky Vs. Human Tornado (based on challenge made earlier in the show)

Dragon/Davey vs. Strong/Evans=Best PWG Match Ever.
SoCalAndy

Postby Lee » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:28 am

Nice, thanks for that.

How were Sabin vs Shelley, Ryan vs Steen and B Boy vs Kazarian?
Lee

Postby Suicidal Youth » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:14 am

Yeah, don't mean to be a prick, but some details would rock, especially some about the main event.
Suicidal Youth

Postby scrub » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:15 am

Tremendous show. I think I wanna say this has been PWG's best show this year. Easily smoked February's show and possibly the January shows. Maybe I'm still hyped from the evening, but tonight's show was damn good.

Random thoughts:

- Tornado's trademark tope con hilo insanity continues to drop jaws. Dude makes it from the ring to the far wall, with ease! Oh, Jade Chung like whoa. Lack of floorpunching from Nemesis makes me sad.

- Cape Fear/Arrogance = :shock: :shock: :shock: . It was so great to see Arrogance tagging up again. They are too fun to watch together. Throw in my choice for PWG show stealer and MVP, El Generico and you are guaranteed good times. I hope Quickie and Generico tag up on the regular. Oh, and Chris Bosh made this match the first ever in professional wrestling, a "Suck Our Cocks Match". Jon Ian even announced it! Absolutely fantastic match, from beginning till end. That is, till Joey Ryan ran in and ruined wrestling for everyone. I was bitter at this point, because the tag match was going so great, but Super Dragon ran in after Joey's run in to smash Bosh's face (feuding from their UK tour). So Dragon's run-in kinda salvaged the bitter Joey run in. Yay!

- Sabin/Shelley was fucking clean as hell. Nice and solid match. You can't get any more crisp than Sabin and Shelley. Vastly underrated in SoCal, especially Alex Shelley.

- Main Event was some of the most mindboggling, mindblowing shit ever. The PWG crowd totally forgot about Rod Strong's UK shenanigans and gave him a nice ovation. Started slow, but that's not a bad thing at all. A nice little feeling out process. Everyone matched up so well together. By the third leg of the match, things started to pick up hella fast. Jack Evans continues to amaze the PWG crowd with some of the most insane high flying ever. With Jack, there's so much room for error, yet he never messed up or missed a step. Dude was near flawless. The no-hands top rope 450 to the floor = :shock: :shock: :shock: . Finish was so sick, Jack going for the phoenix 630, Dragon catches Jack, with Davey waiting in the wings as they hit their double team powerbomb lungblower. Good god almighty. The crowd was going apeshit for this. Had the same feeling and atmosphere as that BOLA losers bracket 8man. Geniune PWG chants shook the JCC, and once again, I felt proud to be a Southern California PWG fan.

Good fucking times.
scrub

Postby bford24 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:34 pm

That main event was some crazy shit. Jack is so damn amazing. I loved the jumping, turn-around headscissors takedown from the top rope. That was simply astonishing.
bford24

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:40 pm

Some crappy thoughts:

-Opener was a solid comedy match. One of the better Top Gun matches I've seen recently.

- I'm really digging Sky's new Chris Jericho circa 1998 influenced gimmick. Good match... though odd is the crowd loved one half of each team... and hated the other.

- B-Boy/Frankie Kazarian started off kinda rough IMO, but really picked up and grew into a good little match. Good sell job from Frankie throughout. And that "Money in the bank" type move on the apron was just crazy.

- Arrogance-Cape Fear was loads of fun. Totally agree with El Generico being one of PWG's MVPs. Pretty much every show he's been on, he's had the 1st, 2nd or 3rd match of the night (now that's consistency) Ending was a downer... with Joey punching Quicksilver to beat Bosh DQed on purpose. But that exchange between Super Dragon and Joey Ryan did make it worthwhile. As that's a match I wouldn't mind seeing again...

- Liked the Frankie Kazarian angle, as he really should get a shot at the title. I wanted to see that happen at this show actually.

- NERDY CORRECTION ALERT: Frankie Kazarian DID recieve a rematch at the PWG title, against AJ Styles at the 2 year show. ALSO on page 26 of issue #465 Superman is shown moving a planet... when we all know Post-crisis Superman wouldn't be strong enough to move a planet. I hope this is corrected for the sake of the people...

- Alex Shelley-Chris Sabin was also a very good match. Though I was sorta distracted thinking about who Sabin looks like with that hair. I came up with Kato Kalin and Bon Jovi.

- I was very surprised when Joey Ryan-Kevin Steen ended without a run in (kinda gotten used to that). But this was great beating with Joey pulling out the underhanded victory yet again.

- Gotta love random X-Pac appearances.

- ME was unreal. Show is really a must buy, if only to see this match. Loads and loads of fun to be had here. I personally counted over 22 chops alone... crazy... man... crazy.

- Next show looks interesting. I wonder what the odds are on the AJ/Daniels tag happening this time.

Also kinda odd that Samoa Joe (who's website lists him as appearing) wasn't announced. Wonder what's up with that... and whatever happened to American Dragon in PWG? Seems like he should be on a card sometime.

Anyway, really good show... pick it up when it's released.
TigerDriver98

Postby evilpaz » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:28 pm

- AmDrag should DEFINITELY find his way back to a PWG ring in the near future (ahem... All Star Weekend... ahem)

- L.A. PWG fans probably shouldn't care about Strong's 'UK shenanigans' in the first place

- Main Event was great indeed. Jack damn near died after that top rope foot stomp while he was in that back stretch submission thingy

- Arrogance/Cape Fear was definitely a great match. The people beside me were talking about how Quick hasn't been the same since the concussion, but I wouldn't know (my first show was ASW II: Night 1). Generico is definitely one of the better workers in PWG.

- Having Knox come out to Kane's music was a good way to put him back in good with the fans. They were on him so bad, I started feeling sorry for him.

- X-Pac looks like a sleeze.

- Funny moments of the night: While I was waiting in line to get in, Jack Evans came out and asked if anyone had a cig. Then I was leaving the show, out comes Jack again about to puke his brains out.... Lesson: smoking is bad for you.

- Alex Koslov needs to start wearing longer tights... don't ask...
evilpaz

Postby Rish To The Rosh » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:20 pm

Seriously, X-Pac, staring through the curtains? I think I might explode...

Looks fantastic as I expected, can't wait to pick it up. Sabin/Ryan should be really good at the next show.
Rish To The Rosh

Postby Sillentassasin » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:13 pm

Other Random Thougths-

-Will for sure get this one on DVD

-Shelly and Sabin are underrated since they had a phenomenal match

-B-Boy was super kewl.. he let me grab Kazarian's arm while he hit it *yeah i was that punk kid* ^_^

-First time at a PWG show.. it won't be my last :D
Sillentassasin

Postby evilpaz » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:36 pm

Also...

- I hate hate HATE when fuckers go OUT OF THEIR WAY to become part of the show.... Seriously, just stop.

Attention whores.
evilpaz

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:19 pm

I know it's wrong to give these people the attention they so crave, but I just figured out who that one guy reminds me of....

uncanny...
TigerDriver98

Postby astro_zombie » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:29 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:I know it's wrong to give these people the attention they so crave, but I just figured out who that one guy reminds me of....

uncanny...

- NERDY CORRECTION ALERT: Frankie Kazarian DID recieve a rematch at the PWG title, against AJ Styles at the 2 year show. ALSO on page 26 of issue #465 Superman is shown moving a planet... when we all know Post-crisis Superman wouldn't be strong enough to move a planet. I hope this is corrected for the sake of the people...

hahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
astro_zombie

Postby Mark of the Dragon » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:29 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:I know it's wrong to give these people the attention they so crave, but I just figured out who that one guy reminds me of....

uncanny...

Too F'n Funny!!!
Mark of the Dragon

Postby Doggie 6:32 Crack » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:45 pm

my thoughts on the night.

koslov vs topgun tawler
man what was pwg thinking putting this match first. super dragon is the hulk hogan of socal wrestling. holding the younger talent down and not letting anyone get over with the fans.

b-boy vs frankie kazarian
why do they let greased up thugs even step foot inside of the ring. making kazarian lose was an insult to him. must be more of that backstage politics that the locker room is full of(super dragon)

chris sabin vs alex shelly
tna had to ONCE AGAIN save the show from being a complete and utter disaster. this was easily match of the century. see you get what you paid for with these guys.

joey ryan vs kevin steen
this match was pretty predictable. kevin steen needs to learn how to read the crowd. i wasnt feeling the story they were telling me. wrestling needs story telling. not out of shape wrestlers with cheap spots and limited inring ability.

super dragon/davey richards vs jack evans/roedrick strong.
what the hell is dragon's problem???? he's not even the champ but he somehow manages to get himself into the main event at every show. the ending was pretty predictable of course dragon wouldnt do the job but hey when your hulk hogan you dont need to do the job. why the hell does he need to work so damn stiff. is it to cover his ring abiliy? i could mail him a few xpw dvd's if he'd like study technical moves.

overall the show was mediocre at best. $20 and two tna stars??? common dont be so dam cheap staff and fly joe,aj,petey,& daniels in. these guys are the glue that holds the machine together. :twisted:
Doggie 6:32 Crack

Postby Sillentassasin » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:00 pm

uncanny...

LOL now that's a crazy resemblence.. but did anyone see the emo version of

Sillentassasin

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:26 pm

- I hate hate HATE when fuckers go OUT OF THEIR WAY to become part of the show.... Seriously, just stop.

The only way they'll stop is when people stop paying attention to them and stop making posts and threads about them.

So yeah, the main event was MOTN and is my MOTY so far.
SoCalAndy

Postby dxreydx » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:01 am

I like how some people write posts that shows how bad PWG really is good job!

Seriously. I'm annoyed that I missed this show for the main event alone. I guess this will be one of my few PWG DVD purchases.
dxreydx

Postby It's A Bomb » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:36 am

24 hours removed, and I'm still amazed at the main event. The entire match was layed out perfectly. From start to finish. The pop that Evans and Strong got was awesome. Everyone in that match brought their A-Game and put on 10000000%. Hell, Roderick Strong had one of the biggest smiles on his faces, and I haven't seen him smile in a ring since I first saw him in 2004. Dragon looked like he was having a really good time inside the ring, and Davey has gotten so much better since he and Dragon started to become a team. I'd rank the match at ****3/4, maybe even *****. It might be high to some, but compared to any other great matches I've seen live, this one topped them all. Way better than Joe/AJ, way better than the Dragon/Steen or Dragon Joey matches, way better than the Dragon/Joe matches, way better than the Danielson/Joe matches.

The undercard was pretty good.

-The opener was kinda off at first but Topgun and Koslov picked things up. The entire hand shaking thing was great. Topgun is the US's answer to Ebessan, seriously. Nobody can touch the comedy he brings to the table on the indy scene.

-The Sky promo was ok. The funniest part was when someone in one the back rows yelled out "EEEWWWWWW" when the girl came in the ring. She looked like she had a rash on her face. The match was alright. Nemesis is really over, but it's hard to tell if it's because of the pose, or because of his skills. Hopefully it's the latter. The dives where really cool.

-The people near the ring post where Jade did her dives where perverts and are all most likely virgins for trying to look up her skirt. That one guy who looks like PWG's answer to The 40 Year Old Virgin and gets punked out by Dragon all the time was the biggest perv.

-B-Boy and Kazarian was kinda weird at first, but mid way in the match they picked things up. The match could of been shorter, had they cut out the first five minutes of the match. Everything else was spot on. The Flux(I'm not spelling out the rest, the name is too damn long) was awesome, and B-Boy's counter was also great.

-Seeing Arrogance reunit was awesome. The entire cock sucking part was pretty gay. I'm not cool with all the Brokeback trend shit. The match itself was really good, not as fantastic as everyone else is making it out to be, but still really good. Maybe it was the ending that made me sour, but it was still fine. I hope we get Bosh/Dragon III, that match would be insane.

-At this point I didn't stick around as I went to McDonalds to get some Chicken Sandwiches. I then realized that Mama Talwar was selling food. :(

-The Shelley/Sabin match was excellent. Very crisp, great build, and some nice spots. Alex Shelley needs to come out to SoCal more often, as his matches in PWG are always top notch. I liked how some fans where getting into arguments and started doing dual heckles for Shelley and Sabin. That really helped the crowd get into the match even more.

-The Steen/Joey brawl was fun as hell. The match itself was pretty good, and the crowd was on Joey's ass the whole way. Joey took a hell of a beating. Good stuff here.

Overall, an great show with a jaw dropping main event. I'm seriously getting this on DVD ASAP.
It's A Bomb

Postby Benno » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:59 am

Doggie 6:32 Crack wrote:
what the hell is dragon's problem???? he's not even the champ but he somehow manages to get himself into the main event at every show. the ending was pretty predictable of course dragon wouldnt do the job but hey when your hulk hogan you dont need to do the job. why the hell does he need to work so damn stiff. is it to cover his ring abiliy? i could mail him a few xpw dvd's if he'd like study technical moves.

you're a fucking idiot.

1. hes the tag champ

2. what does him working stiff have to do with you anyway, surely that would be a gripe for his opponents to have and not you? its part of his aura and makes his matches for intenese and realistic..same as joe, same as the jap strong style guys, who gives a shit anyway, you're a fan whos there to watch wrestling, dragons job is to make that look as convincing as possible, he does that, now fuck off.
Benno

Postby WannaB » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:49 pm

Doggie 6:32 Crack wrote:my thoughts on the night.

koslov vs topgun tawler
man what was pwg thinking putting this match first. super dragon is the hulk hogan of socal wrestling. holding the younger talent down and not letting anyone get over with the fans.

How does having Topgun and Koslov open the show hold them back? What makes you think that Superdragon does all the booking by himself? Topgun is one of the owners for crying out loud. He knows the style he wrestles and he knows how the business works. He knows he's not a world champion main event kind of guy. He doesn't mind doing the show opener, and frankly being a show opener isn't a bad thing. Koslov is already over with the PWG fans, so whats a comedy match going to hurt. Everyone in PWG has fun with their matches; comedy is a part of PWG. And just to clarify, Superdragon isn't old. He's about the same age as everyone else in the back.

b-boy vs frankie kazarian
why do they let greased up thugs even step foot inside of the ring. making kazarian lose was an insult to him. must be more of that backstage politics that the locker room is full of(super dragon)

Okay, so you referrence XPW in this post and yet you have a problem with "greased up thugs?" WTF!? You also make mention of story, but here you seem to forget that story also applies to character and gimmick. So what you're saying is that anytime a "thug" wrestles a clean cut looking character the thug should lose? Where's the unpredictable factor? Where's the story if you can always predict the outcome?

chris sabin vs alex shelly
tna had to ONCE AGAIN save the show from being a complete and utter disaster. this was easily match of the century. see you get what you paid for with these guys.

Are you serious? You mean to tell me that you don't find any appeal in the wrestling ability of Scott Lost, El Generico, Jack Evans, Roderick Strong, Davey Richards, Quicksilver, etc...? So why did 300 fans show up to the first show of the year when no TNA guys except for Sabin were on the card? Do you honestly believe that TNA is infallable and incapable of putting on bad matches and shows?

joey ryan vs kevin steen
this match was pretty predictable. kevin steen needs to learn how to read the crowd. i wasnt feeling the story they were telling me. wrestling needs story telling. not out of shape wrestlers with cheap spots and limited inring ability.

Limited in ring ability? Yet in this post you referrence XPW of all promotions.

Teen Outreach Summit
Chanukah Chaos
ASW 2 - Night 2
ASW 2 - Night 1
Straight to DVD
After School Special
Battle of Los Angeles Night 2

Hmmmm... "main event at every show?" WTF are you talking about. It doesn't look like he was in the main event at any of these shows over the last half year, but then again we don't all use our imaginations when we look back at things we want to bitch about without any logical reasons. He may not be the champ but he is a tag champ; one of only two titles PWG has. The championship isn't always the main event in every promotion out there. Hell, the I Quit match was the main event at C.C. in December. So why is it that you'd choose to single out Superdragon? Davey Richards is a tag champ and has been in just as many main events as Dragon has lately? And predictable? Are you kidding? The whole crowd was sucked into the back and forth action. All the false finishes and near falls. The match spoke for itself. The ending didn't matter. If it had been a 5 star match I get the feeling that you'd still be bitching about it because Dragon was one of the victors. And is XPW the best fucking example you can come up with for "technical" wrestling? WTF!?

overall the show was mediocre at best. $20 and two tna stars??? common dont be so dam cheap staff and fly joe,aj,petey,& daniels in. these guys are the glue that holds the machine together. :twisted:

Do you have any fucking idea how much money it costs to not only fly all of those guys in, but to also pay their fees?

Not counting wages & flights PWG spends 2 grand before they ever even open the doors. Do you know how much money they have to spend on TNA guys? You do realize that TNA is now causing all indy promotions to bump the wages that are paid to their (TNA's) wrestlers? Rent at the JCC has gone up. If you run a promotion on the level of PWG you're lucky to break even. DVD sales and merch are where the profits are made, and the work that goes into making the DVD's is a pain in the ass and it takes for ever to produce them. Besides, if you had a successful product, wouldn't you try to capitalize on it and make a little more money so you wouldn't be in the red financially? If you want bigger names and more shows they have to charge more money to make up for the expenses. If 5 extra bucks a show is too much for you then don't go. I'm sure you can find that much in change between your couch cushions. Give up for one day out of the week that double shot, non-fat, soy, mocha, latte with extra foam from starbucks and you've got your 5 bucks right there. If you're not willing to do either just get on your knees and beg mommy and daddy for an advance on your allowence.

Tell ya what. If you wanna bitch and complain about PWG's "lack" of talent so much you can flip the bill for AJ next time.

If not, then do your best to resist complaining about the next double shot show. You should have plenty TNA talent to keep you happy...

...but I'm sure you'll still find something to complain about. No worries. You'll still show up. No matter how much you piss & moan, and no matter how hard you try to find something to complain about you'll still come to the show with your money in hand.

See ya at the next show man.
WannaB

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum