New user

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

New user

Postby straightjacket » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:11 am

Hey I'm new to this forum. I just read the article in FHM on PWG and want to have a look and see what it's about. I see the Disco Machine himself is a moderator. That's pretty cool. I'm thinking about ordering some of the dvd's. Anyways, just saying hey.
straightjacket

Postby WannaB » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:31 pm

If you're looking for great wrestling...

Order the Battle Of Los Angeles. This is 2 nights of straight wrestling. An incredible show.

Astonishing X-Mas which should be available really soon was another great event and if you like a little hardcore now and then, the Guerrilla Warfare main event was the most brutal fight that I've seen live, without it getting too violent in that over the top fashion (i.e. lightbulbs, blading, etc...).

All Star Weekend 1 was good.

Chaunakah Chaos was good too.

Just ask around, you'll find a lot of good opinions on the dvds. I'm just throughing out the more recent stuff in case you want to get a grounding on what PWG is currently like.
WannaB

Thanks

Postby straightjacket » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:40 pm

That's cool. I'll probably order one soon. Okay I have another question, I don't know if this is not allowed to be mentioned or not (alternative product/company) but I was wondering if anyone has the SVR06 game for PS2 and would know how to make any PWG guys on there? I'm pretty decent with the actual creation part but seeing as how I've not seen any PWG yet I'd not be able to make movesets or entrances. Don't flame me for asking this lol I like all wrestling and that's the only franchise that makes games right now so I'm just looking for some help in making the game more colorful with some indy's. Thanks.
straightjacket

Re: New user

Postby Mac Machine » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:58 pm

straightjacket wrote:Hey I'm new to this forum. I just read the article in FHM on PWG and want to have a look and see what it's about. I see the Disco Machine himself is a moderator. That's pretty cool. I'm thinking about ordering some of the dvd's. Anyways, just saying hey.
Where are you from my friend?
Mac Machine

Postby Paul Burns » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:34 pm

Hey dude, welcome to the PWG forum. I'd recommend what "WannaB" recommended, PWG is a tonne of fun and definately sticks out from other generic indys in America.
Paul Burns

Postby Evilguest » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:14 pm

Welcome to the boards!
Evilguest

Postby WannaB » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:21 pm

I didn't buy SDVR06 this year. I'm so disenchanted with the WWE and I stopped watching them around the same time I found PWG in February last year.

WM21 was so unbarable for me that I had to hit the bar. Honestly the best part about WM21 was seeing all the PWG people there.

The first person I saw when I got off the escalator was Chris Hero. Kevin Steen was in the section to my right. Scorpio and Tornado were in the section to my left. Hell, even Tard Boy was in my vicinity.

As for CAW's, I never made any movesets for any of the older SD games. Some of the guys have a lot moves which you probably won't find in the CAW program on SDVR06. I'd check some message boards on IGN, or some other video game forums (wrestling ones in particular). That's how I used to find indy CAW's.
WannaB

Thanks

Postby straightjacket » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:01 pm

Thanks guys. Yeah I know what you mean about WWE. I still like it but I'm way more into TNA. I'm a big Daniels mark myself. And I'm from Canada, for the person who asked. Edmonton, Alberta.
straightjacket

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum