PWG 2005 Awards!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby SuperSteen » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:54 pm

MrPWG wrote:
SuperSteen wrote:Has anyone in PWG thought of creating some kind of "official" awards? Set up some of these categories and have people e-mail their votes in to PWG and then at the Jan. 21 show announce the winners and post them on the website. These guys work hard all year and deserve some official recognition from the fans.

I actually conversed about this very topic with Dino Winwood via emails on myspace. I remember a month or so ago on the old forums was a topic about donig a PWG Winter Formal or Prom type idea. Getting the fans/wrestlers to dress up in tuxedos and such to help play up the gimmick. Why not parlay that into a PWG Award Show. Perhaps the PWGrammys? Or the Academy of PWG Awards? Ideas, Thoughts???

That's a fantastic idea!! I bet they could set up some tables in the JCC and for $15-$20 a person they could have everyone dress up and have some kind of simple meal or h'ours dourves (sp.) for an awards ceremony.
SuperSteen

Postby astro_zombie » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:11 pm

SuperSteen wrote:
MrPWG wrote:
SuperSteen wrote:Has anyone in PWG thought of creating some kind of "official" awards? Set up some of these categories and have people e-mail their votes in to PWG and then at the Jan. 21 show announce the winners and post them on the website. These guys work hard all year and deserve some official recognition from the fans.

I actually conversed about this very topic with Dino Winwood via emails on myspace. I remember a month or so ago on the old forums was a topic about donig a PWG Winter Formal or Prom type idea. Getting the fans/wrestlers to dress up in tuxedos and such to help play up the gimmick. Why not parlay that into a PWG Award Show. Perhaps the PWGrammys? Or the Academy of PWG Awards? Ideas, Thoughts???

That's a fantastic idea!! I bet they could set up some tables in the JCC and for $15-$20 a person they could have everyone dress up and have some kind of simple meal or h'ours dourves (sp.) for an awards ceremony.

mmkay, you do that... i like to go to wrestling shows where they actually wrestle... you wanna see wrestlers in tuxedos giving each other trophies and pats on the back, go watch wwf(e), ill stick with a show that actually features some matches
astro_zombie

Postby SuperSteen » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:25 pm

astro_zombie wrote:
SuperSteen wrote:
MrPWG wrote:

mmkay, you do that... i like to go to wrestling shows where they actually wrestle... you wanna see wrestlers in tuxedos giving each other trophies and pats on the back, go watch wwf(e), ill stick with a show that actually features some matches

News flash...most companies usually do some kind of recognition for their employees. There's nothing wrong with taking one night out the year and showing some extra appreciation for what these guys do; especially now that they wrestle twice a month.
SuperSteen

Postby astro_zombie » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:06 am

let me be clear on this: i dont mind showing appreciation for wrestlers, im all for more appreciation for wrestlers, but dont devote an entire show to it... thats just stupid.
astro_zombie

Postby It's A Bomb » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:40 am

I fail to see the point in paying to see a wrestling event that features no wrestling.
It's A Bomb

Postby Mac Machine » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:11 am

I love you guys! Keep up the good work Steen guy. People like you keep wrestling alive!
Mac Machine

Postby MrPWG » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:30 pm

It's A Bomb wrote:I fail to see the point in paying to see a wrestling event that features no wrestling.

The point is to pay our respect to the hard working Wrestlers of PWG. It could even be a 2 Night thing. Night One the Awards, Night 2 The Matches. Normally for 2 Nights they Charge $20 for 1 Night and $30 for both. I say up the Charge for the 2-Night Ticket to $50 and the ONLY WAY to go to the Award Show is to buy the 2-Night Ticket. Otherwise, buy the one night for the matches.
MrPWG

Postby Mac Machine » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:51 pm

I want to see Dragon at the awards. In a suit with the casual mask, so when he wins he goes up there like he's gunna talk, but just pushes over the podium and starts killing people.
Mac Machine

Postby Ass Punch » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:18 am

dragon rocks!
Ass Punch

Postby astro_zombie » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:57 am

MrPWG wrote:
It's A Bomb wrote:I fail to see the point in paying to see a wrestling event that features no wrestling.

The point is to pay our respect to the hard working Wrestlers of PWG. It could even be a 2 Night thing. Night One the Awards, Night 2 The Matches. Normally for 2 Nights they Charge $20 for 1 Night and $30 for both. I say up the Charge for the 2-Night Ticket to $50 and the ONLY WAY to go to the Award Show is to buy the 2-Night Ticket. Otherwise, buy the one night for the matches.

wow. thats the worst idea ive ever heard.
astro_zombie

Postby Raven Crow » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:19 am

MrPWG wrote:

Is this PWG or WWE? I thiught PWG was all about the wrestling not the bullshit.
Raven Crow

Postby Teh Amazing Guru » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:07 am

Raven Crow wrote:
MrPWG wrote:

That's ROH.

I think an awards show would be fun. You could see some really funny shit.
Teh Amazing Guru

Postby Raven Crow » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:43 am

Teh Amazing Guru wrote:
Raven Crow wrote:
MrPWG wrote:

From the sound of it thoughit doesn't sound like it will draw.

That's ROH.

Raven Crow

Postby Raven Crow » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:44 am

Teh Amazing Guru wrote:
Raven Crow wrote:
MrPWG wrote:

From the sound of ot though it probably wo't draw.

From the sound of it thoughit doesn't sound like it will draw.

That's ROH.

Raven Crow

Postby Raven Crow » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:45 am

Due to everyon's reaction, I don't think it will draw.
Raven Crow

Postby It's A Bomb » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:34 pm

MrPWG wrote:

That's possibly the worst idea ever mentioned on this board, even worse than any show title name that has been suggested before. The fact that you would make people pay even more money just to hear people talk is terrible. It's a good thing you're not a promoter, because if you used this idea you'd lose a shitload of money. I'm all for paying respect to the wrestlers, and the best way I do it is by buying the DVDs, buying tickets, shirts, and whatever else they have to offer in whatever way I can. There is no need for having an event that features no wrestling.
It's A Bomb

Postby astro_zombie » Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:39 pm

It's A Bomb wrote:
MrPWG wrote:

That's possibly the worst idea ever mentioned on this board, even worse than any show title name that has been suggested before. The fact that you would make people pay even more money just to hear people talk is terrible. It's a good thing you're not a promoter, because if you used this idea you'd lose a shitload of money. I'm all for paying respect to the wrestlers, and the best way I do it is by buying the DVDs, buying tickets, shirts, and whatever else they have to offer in whatever way I can. There is no need for having an event that features no wrestling.

itsabomb = smartest person in this thread

you get 50 gold stars
astro_zombie

Postby Aaron » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:49 am

Teh Amazing Guru wrote:
Raven Crow wrote:
MrPWG wrote:

That's ROH.

:lol:

re: Awards show, IPW had one but it was an afternoon show/fan convention type thing on the day of an evening show. We got some crappy matches, fan covention type things and the awards presentation for
Aaron

Postby caesaresp » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:20 pm

Ass Punch wrote:dragon rocks!

Dragon is OVER-RATED....

Yes I said it.....
caesaresp

Postby Chivo » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:32 pm

Thank you for your wonderful comments, and thank you for contributing so much to this thread. Your views are always explained really well and your opinions are always backed up by valid facts.

This thread needs to get back on topic, and sadly I think I'm going to have to do get it on topic again. :(

Match Of The Year: Arrogance vs. AXP Mask vs. Titles Match
I loved Dragon/Steen, but I don't want to be cliche so I'll go with this. Fun match, and Sky's unmasking was pretty sweet.

Wrestler Of The Year: Super Dragon
I'm going to contradict myself right here for a minute, and say Super Dragon. He's one of the best wrestlers in the US indy scene that isn't in ROH and his matches are always fun. Plus he always punks out morons at shows, which makes him awesome.

Tag Team Of The Year: Arrogance

Mostly because of their awesome offense, their awesome matches, and Bosh's awesome racism.

Show Of The Year: Battle Of Los Angeles Night 2
Cliche, but well deserved.
Chivo

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum