So About The Next SoCal Show

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

So About The Next SoCal Show

Postby It's A Bomb » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:38 am

Is there anything announced? I know that PWG is busy with the Euro shows, but I'd like to hear what's in store for the SoCal fans in March. I'm still on the fence on whether I want to go or not, but a lineup could change my mind.
It's A Bomb

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:39 am

Why even be on the fence about whether you want to go or not just go. No matter what PWG always delivers a great show and keeps the fans happy. I'm sure once they get back from Europe they'll have a line-up on the site
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby onlxn » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:52 am

Nothing's been announced, but ROH isn't running, FIP isn't running, and I believe IWA-MS isn't even running, so they should have a lot of talent at their disposal if they want it. I imagine that, if all possible, 3/4 will feature the twice-delayed SD/Davey vs. AJ/Daniels tag title match...
onlxn

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:16 pm

onlxn wrote:Nothing's been announced, but ROH isn't running, FIP isn't running, and I believe IWA-MS isn't even running, so they should have a lot of talent at their disposal if they want it. I imagine that, if all possible, 3/4 will feature the twice-delayed SD/Davey vs. AJ/Daniels tag title match...

Not really. 1PW in England is running on the 4th taking away the likes of AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels and Samoa Joe.

I see that Jack Evans is booked though. So let's hope Super Dragon/Davey Richards Vs. Jack Evans/Roderick Strong happens at this show (which should be MUCH better than the AJ/Daniels match and pretty much any other tag match they could book)

Better question, is who gets a shot at Joey on the 4th? Bosh AGAIN?Steen?

I know alot of people would disagree with this... but I'd like to see Frankie Kazarian get the shot. Being the only 2 time champ he's a credible challenger and is currently on a pretty good win streak in PWG. SO I'd like to see it.
TigerDriver98

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:16 pm

Well we won't be having the Davey/Dragon vs AJ/Daniels match. AJ is gonna be in the UK that weekend so he's off the card. With ROH not running I won't be suprized if Jack Evans or even American Dragon were on the card. Hell, i'd love to see Jack bring Strong out with them and have those two fight Dragon/Davey
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby SoCalAndy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:37 pm

Screw Joe, AJ, and Daniels. I want Claudio to be on the show.
SoCalAndy

Postby onlxn » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:57 pm

Ohhhhh, 1PW. Figured there was something I was forgetting...

Yeah, I'm with the previous posters. Get Claudio back out here and run Dragon/Davey vs. Strong/Evans... that makes a show, right there.

And though I wouldn't be super-stoked for the match, I like the idea of Joey/Frankie. If you're gonna have Frankie in the upper-card beating people, you might as well squeeze a main event or two out of it. Seems like a good additional defense for Joey before Bosh takes it.

Bosh needs to take it next time he challenges. This isn't Mid-Atlantic. It's not Magnum TA challenging Flair over and over in different cities in front of different fans. The PWG faithful have seen Bosh go for the title and come up short five times in five months -- admittedly they haven't all been clean losses, but your top face should usually win despite heel cheating, not lose to heel cheating. I think they've already hurt the heat of his eventual title win with all these failures -- they really can't afford to do it again.
onlxn

Postby Lord Akiyama » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:43 pm

onlxn wrote:The PWG faithful have seen Bosh go for the title and come up short five times in five months -- admittedly they haven't all been clean losses, but your top face should usually win despite heel cheating, not lose to heel cheating.

He didn't lose all the matches. He beat Joey Ryan by countout at Teen Outreach Summit.
Lord Akiyama

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:08 pm

onlxn wrote:And though I wouldn't be super-stoked for the match, I like the idea of Joey/Frankie. If you're gonna have Frankie in the upper-card beating people, you might as well squeeze a main event or two out of it. Seems like a good additional defense for Joey before Bosh takes it.

I can see Frankie in the main event and maybe even winning the belt once again. But it won't be Bosh who gets the strap I have a feeling it'll be Sabin in the coming months since he's yet to get a title shot and is working most of the year.
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby MrPWG » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:03 pm

I love your sig Lord Akiyama
MrPWG

Postby Lord Akiyama » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:40 pm

MrPWG wrote:I love your sig Lord Akiyama

I have this idea of putting a shirt together for it. :lol:
Lord Akiyama

Postby CheMateo » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:03 pm

Assuming and hoping that Super Dragon and Davey Richards come back to the states still champions let's have that match against Evans and Strong. Plus more Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli for good measure! If we can't do Evans and Strong on the 4th then save it for the 18th and lets finally have a proper match between Dragon & Richards against Los Luchas.
CheMateo

Postby bford24 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:26 am

onlxn wrote:Nothing's been announced, but ROH isn't running, FIP isn't running, and I believe IWA-MS isn't even running, so they should have a lot of talent at their disposal if they want it. I imagine that, if all possible, 3/4 will feature the twice-delayed SD/Davey vs. AJ/Daniels tag title match...

Man I wish that was going to happen the SD/Davey vs AJ/Daniels match but I believe I read that Daniels is having some knee surgery and that he won't be back till the next TNA Pay Per View on March 12. I highly doubt he will risk anything before that.
bford24

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:57 pm

I talked a little with Daniels before the last show and he wasn't sure if he was gonna need surgery or just take some time off and let his knee heel. I haven't heard that he's had surgery but he was hoping he wouldn't need it. But judging from him at Against All Odds, he looked to be in good shape and worked the Impact tapings two days later so i'd say he'll be wrestling on the 4th unless something changes.
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby CheMateo » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:10 pm

If I am not mistaken Jack Evans is booked for the March 4th show. So here is to hoping that Strong is with him and they can go up against Dragon & Richards. We can get to Super Dragon & Davey Richards against Styles & Daniels when we get to it. I'd rather see Dragon & Richards go against Los Luchas one more time in a full match.
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:28 pm

CheMateo wrote:If I am not mistaken Jack Evans is booked for the March 4th show. So here is to hoping that Strong is with him and they can go up against Dragon & Richards. We can get to Super Dragon & Davey Richards against Styles & Daniels when we get to it. I'd rather see Dragon & Richards go against Los Luchas one more time in a full match.

Yeah, according to Jack Evans' site, he's on the March 4th show (as is ALEX SHELLEY~)

I'd REALLY REALLY like to see Strong/Evans Vs. SD/Davey. That would be an incredible match up. I just hope Strong didn't burn a bridge with the EURO No Shows. Strong's a favorite of mine, so I hopefully he really had a legit excuse and didn't just blow off major PWG shows for FIP. I guess we'll find out in time... but yeah that tag match would be killer.

But if that doesn't happen, I'd like to see Scorpio Sky and Human Tornado get a shot based on their win last SoCal show. I don't know if I'd be up for another Los Luchas shot so soon.
TigerDriver98

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum