Joe missing euro shows , Roderick scheduled for FIP tonight

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Joe missing euro shows , Roderick scheduled for FIP tonight

Postby Benno » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:25 am

:-(

what the fuck is going on..

from joes lj..

Attentions fans in the UK and Germany.
I will not be appearing this weekend for PWG.
Upon arriving to LAX I was informed that our flight to Chicago was delayed and that unless we made it onto a flight at 10:45 standby that we would most likly miss our connection to Manchester and our connection to Dusseldorf. Well I did have a potential seat on the standby flight that was quickly gone when the last ticketed passenger arrived before the gate closed.
The option offered to us by American included a series of unconfirmed standby flights and even a train trip which I opted out of and decided to stay home rather then be stranded playing catch up across Europe. Also since PWG's "office" had already flown to Germany early in the morning re-booking was next to impossible.

My apologies to the fans but from all reports most other PWG talent will be able to make it to the show safe and sound. As a addendum my former "non appearance" at PWG in LA was simply a result of PWG never confirming the booking with my booking agent and it not appearing on my monthly schedule.

S. Joe

Hopefully these difficulties will be remedied in the future.

from the roh board this morning..roddy appaeared last night for fip, so i doubt gabe would still be advertising him for tonight if roddy was coming to europe..

IP returns to action tonight in Crystal River, FL with the following already announced:

-Roderick Strong vs. Matt Sydal in a special challenge match.

words cannot express how much this sucks.
Benno

Postby Wreckless » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:27 am

i blame gabe... :D
Wreckless

Postby Benno » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:45 am

anybody got a spare 650 quid to fly joe out to london today :(
Benno

Postby davies375 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:14 am

This event is now turning into a joke. Im travelling from Liverpool to see the show....all booked and is it really worth it now? Also how stupid are we to pay 30 quid for this rubbish? They'd better put on some good replacement talent or its not worth it.

We should start a "WE GOT SCREWED" chant!
davies375

Postby davies375 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:17 am

May I add that its probably not even worth a tenner now without the stars!
davies375

Postby Wreckless » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:18 am

no..if you like pwg you will love this show, if not why the hell are you going to a pwg show, just wait for 1pw or something if all your going for is big indy names, i paid my
Wreckless

Postby RM Punk » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:20 am

The Roderick Strong news is kinda odd. Isn't this the kinda thing he'd tell a promoter - if he's booked the same day in another country... surely it's not that hard to remeber :?
RM Punk

Postby davies375 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:23 am

You'd pay 30 quid for that without any of the big stars?? Ur mad!

I wish I had spent the money on 1PW, at least none of the big stars decide to drop out a few days before.

Im just waiting for AJ to not show and then this trips is a complete waste of time.

About Strong.....Im sure PWG musta known......most companies phone the stars a week before to check and its obvious they havent bothered as then they would have known and had time to replace him.
davies375

Postby Wreckless » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:24 am

well news is joe couldnt be fucked to come to europe and strong forgot his passport...that or gabe stole it from him :lol:
Wreckless

Postby Wreckless » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:27 am

davies375 wrote:You'd pay 30 quid for that without any of the big stars?? Ur mad!

no i just enjoy good wrestling with out people telling me who the "big stars" are, to me bosh, lost an others are big stars and i'd pay to see them over the likes of joe and styles any days, just cause there not on tv or ppv every week doesnt mean there not better or worse, it's personal taste so im getting more than my moneys worth and get to help my fav promotion grow
Wreckless

Postby jamianity » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:46 am

Wreckless wrote:
davies375 wrote:You'd pay 30 quid for that without any of the big stars?? Ur mad!

no i just enjoy good wrestling with out people telling me who the "big stars" are, to me bosh, lost an others are big stars and i'd pay to see them over the likes of joe and styles any days, just cause there not on tv or ppv every week doesnt mean there not better or worse, it's personal taste so im getting more than my moneys worth and get to help my fav promotion grow

Exactly, I would have been willing to pay
jamianity

Postby Wreckless » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:51 am

i think there is a clear divide of people going to the event the true pwg fans, and the people going for the big names hopefully when it's all said and done people would of stopped bitching and have a new respect for the pwg workers and the nut they busted putting on a show for you thousands of miles away from socal

If Tornado had been on the card I would have been willing to sell my mother to pay for a ticket.

i'd sell my whole family just to see the pimp slap in person :D
Wreckless

Postby Slappy » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:42 am

At the moment, I'm hoping Gabe inhales Roderick Strong by accident.

I'm sure it will still be a good show, I'm going there to see PWG, the other names were a bonus. Hopefully they can reshuffle the card without disturbing Super Dragon/Davey vs Arrogance.
Slappy

Postby Wreckless » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:55 am

i sense a title change in that tag match just cause it goes in favour of both storylines of bosh against joey an the build up to dragon vs richards somewhere in the future....but will dragon snap in this tag match :D
Wreckless

Postby SoCalAndy » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:47 pm

davies375 wrote:This event is now turning into a joke. Im travelling from Liverpool to see the show....all booked and is it really worth it now? Also how stupid are we to pay 30 quid for this rubbish? They'd better put on some good replacement talent or its not worth it.

How about this, how about you go to the show, watch what PWG has to offer, and see if it's worth the money? Why not wait till you see what happens before you come on the boards and call this a joke? Go ahead and chant about how you got screwed, while you're doing that, keep in mind that you're shitting all over guys who worked their asses off to give you the chance to see this show only to end up getting fucked over by Samoa Joe. I hope you go to the show, and I hope PWG has an awesome show just so they can shut you up.
SoCalAndy

Postby Aaron » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:53 pm

Losing Joe is a big blow, sure. He's gone from my favourite US indy guy to bottom of the pile. I'm pissed he's made this decision and shit on a few hundred Joe fans like this.

I'm also a bit annoyed about some people's reaction. I knew that PWG would draw a lot of fans who have never seen PWG. That's a good thing but to say that they are now not bringing ant stars apart from AJ pisses me off no end.

Go to the show and enjoy what they have to offer. Just because this isn't an East Coast company doesn't mean they have no talent. Just because guys aren't in ROH and TNA doesn't make them lesser workers. PWG currently boast the best tag teams in North America in Arrogance and AXP and they will both be there!

I would have paid
Aaron

Postby VolcanoStyle » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:50 am

Wreckless, you're officially my favourite poster. It's nice to see people who actually support the product rather than taking it for granted.
VolcanoStyle

Postby Dirk » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:52 am

Aaron wrote:I would have paid
Dirk

Postby Aaron » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:59 pm

davies375 wrote:This event is now turning into a joke. Im travelling from Liverpool to see the show....all booked and is it really worth it now? Also how stupid are we to pay 30 quid for this rubbish? They'd better put on some good replacement talent or its not worth it.

What do you think now then?
Aaron

Postby Wreckless » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:05 pm

haha..i bet
Wreckless

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum