Upcoming Movies

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Postby WannaB » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:36 am

In regards to the aforementioned rotting jack-o-lantern at WHYSOSERIOUS.com, the jack-o-lantern has been rotting on one side (obvious referrence to Two-Face) and it is expected that something will happen to it on Halloween (in referrence to "The Long Halloween" graphic novel).

So we'll have to see if something happens tomorrow. Possibly a new teaser trailer, or the promotional one-sheet poster, or perhaps a first look at Two-Face. Though I would prefer that they save that last one, and reveal it in the movie itself as all reports suggest the first glance of Two-Face will be the final scene (or close to it) of TDK.
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:57 pm

WannaB wrote:If you called the number you would hear a man being held hostage, who is being forced to read bad jokes, and arguably revealing cryptic clues about the viral marketing.
Just out of silly curiosity do you recall any of the bad jokes or know if the sound bytes have been posted anywhere?
CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:21 pm

No, sorry. The jokes were bad because the punchlines just didn't make sense, so that's one of the reasons why they didn't stick in my memory. As for it being posted somewhere as a soundbyte... no clue.
WannaB

Postby WannaB » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:16 pm

Okay, I have to share this. The viral marketing for TDK is getting pretty intriguing.

The jack-o-lantern at whysoserious.com that was slowly rotting on one side of it's face and had a candle that was slowly burning down (a countdown to Halloween), is now gone. In it's place is a workspace with a collection of diced up photo bits. Each of these bits when clicked on will give instructions for a specific city (a major U.S. city). There is at least a dozen plus cities that have these insturctions, some cities have several. I only noticed one for Los Angeles unless I missed one. In any event there is also a note that reads...

"Hey Clowns!

Ready to do what you're told?

First, don't start before daylight. With a police force this corrupt, it's not safe to be out at night, and anyway, you won't be able to see the things you want to find.

Follow all of my directions to the letter and send photos of what you find.

I'll make it worth your while, I promise - for what that's worth..."

And the instructions for Los Angeles read...

"Start at the old trolley station on E 12th and San Julien. Head northeast, past the Golden Star and the disco song.

When you hit the first intersection, cross to the far side, then turn to walk away from the honeypot. Con-

tinue until you stand between two 8's at the Private Property sign. Look across the street to your cardinal prize."

Now the note had the words "to the letter" underlined, and a lot of the instructions left for the cities gave referrence to letters, symbols, etc...

At first I was thinking these instructions were directions to see TDK billboards, but that seems to me like a big let down, and after reading all the instructions I think it's something else. This is very similar to what was done at comic-con with the dollar bills graffitied to make George Washington look like the Joker, and also providing directions on where to go to see a new clue... which turned out to be that 1-800 number that was sky-written above the San Diego convention center. The message on that number is what led a lot of people to certain websites I believe, like I Believe In Harvey Dent, I Believe In Harvey Dent Too, and Why So Serious.com which is the site now giving these clues.

Based on the note I think the intention is that photos be taken from these vantage points that people are being directed to. I also believe that somewhere in these directed eyelines there will be an actual address or a clue as to where us "Clowns" are supposed to send these photos. From the sound of it, anyone who actually sends in photos will get a reward... possibly a first look at the new trailer, or the theatrical one-sheet poster, or more viral marketing clues, etc...

Whatever the extent of this whole thing is - I really wanna know.
WannaB

Postby WannaB » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:26 am

This is cool. The message is almost complete. Only a few more letters from the scavanger hunt are needed.
WannaB

Postby Slappy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:09 am

THE ONLY SENSIBLE WAY TO LIVE IN THIS WORLD IS WITHOUT RULES
Slappy

Postby WannaB » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:01 pm

I wonder what the people who took the photos got from the website. Maybe free tickets to the premiere.
WannaB

Postby WannaB » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:14 pm

Info on what films will make it in time before the upcoming strike. I am grateful to hear that the Prince Of Persia adaptation will be done after the strike, as I do not want to see Jerry Bruckheimer rush it through development - more so than he normally does. Thank goodness Disney is handling this franchise however, as they're looking to make this the new epic franchise to succeed Pirates.

From Dark Horizons:

With the potential writer's strike less than a day away, studios have prepared more than four dozen projects that are ready to go no matter how long the strike goes on.

Variety has penned a great article explaining which titles are ready to be filming before March. Some high profile titles (eg. "Nottingham," "Transformers 2," "Prince of Persia," "Shantaram") don't seem to have made the cut and will have to wait until any potential strike is concluded. Amongst those that made the pre-strike cut, here's the short list:

Paramount Pictures (incl. Dreamworks): Star Trek, GI Joe, Morning Glory, Shutter Island, The Lovely Bones, Hotel for Dogs, Eagle Eye, The Soloist, A Thousand Words, Wednesday

20th Century Fox (incl. Regency, Fox Atomic): Wolverine, The Day the Earth Stood Still, They Came From Upstairs, Max Payne, Trouble Man, Bride Wars, Marley and Me, Monte Carlo, Brad Cutter Ruined My Life Again, Ticket to Ride, Jennifer's Body

Universal Pictures: The Boat That Rocked, State of Play, Land of the Lost, Repossession Mambo, Death Race, The Wolf Man, Duplicity, The Fast and the Furious 4 and Paul Greengrass' untitled Green Zone project

Sony Pictures: Bond 22, Angels and Demons, The Taking of Pelham 123, Seven Pounds, Year One, Edwin A. Salt

Warner Bros. Pictures: Justice League, Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, Yes Man, Hangover, Observe and Report, The Incredible Mr. Limpet, The Jetsons

Walt Disney Pictures: Shopaholic, Bedtime Stories, Witch Mountain, High School Musical 3, Hannah Montana, The Proposal, Christmas Carol

New Line Cinema: Four Christmases, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, Seventeen, My Sister's Keeper

Other (Focus, Weinstein, etc): Bruno, This Side of the Truth, The Box, Shorts, A Serious Man, Vanished, Curveball, Zach and Miri, Shanghai, Nine, Comeback
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:45 pm

WannaB wrote: The Day the Earth Stood Still, Death Race, The Taking of Pelham 123, The Incredible Mr. Limpet,
Wow, I didn't know there were plans to re-do those films. Mr. Limpet?! That's Don Knott's role. I can't imagine anyone else in the role of Mr. Limpet. Who are they getting to take over the reigns for Matthau in Pelham? I checked imdb but they won't let me view the info since I'm not a pro-member.

If the WGA does indeed strike do you think the strike will last long? I hope not since I really wanted to see Joe Carnahan's next picture start production. Killing Pablo, about the hunt for Pablo Escobar. He was supposed to start White Jazz but Clooney dropped out and they put that on hold and instead were going to start production for Pablo.

I've been trying to get any info I can on the strike. But it seems like the AMPTP doesn't want to budge on the royalty issue and that WGA is going to strike. First strike in nearly thirty years. I hope it can be avoided or at least not last as long as that supermarket strike a few years ago.
CheMateo

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:54 am

I'm sorry but I don' know if Killing Pablo will get made or be delayed. But I certainly hope that it does go into production soon. I've been recently checking up on it.

As you may know Joe Carnahan has worked on this project longer and put more effort into it compared to NARC. Carnahan has said that his ideal choice to play Escobar is Javier Bardem. Which I whole heartedly agree with. They've been in talks for the longest time. Recently Bardem agreed and finally signed on to play Escobar, along with Christian Bale signing on to play Major Steve Jacoby. So the official news that those two names are attached made me very ecstatic.

But now since White Jazz got put on hold Carnahan has decided to go forward with Killing Pablo so that he can beat the Oliver Stone produced Antoine Fuqua directed Escobar film that was scheduled to go into production soon. If KP starts production in the spring Bardem will stay on board but if they start earlier than that to beat the Fuqua project Bardem will have to drop out due to scheduling conflict. Which would be a shame. He already had to drop out of Del Toro's Guevara biopic already since Soderbergh had to go and make another (why?!) Ocean's movie. I don't want to see him drop out of another project that I've been wanting to see him do for years.
Dr.Gonzo

Postby CheMateo » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:05 pm

I didn't know that Stone/Fuqua were going to do a Escobar project as well. It'd be a shame if Bardem does drop out of Killing Pablo.

I want to see No Country for Old Men.

WannaB, what's going on with the DK Viral Campaign? Somebody mentioned to me that it's not over. Something is supposed to happen in December.
CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:47 pm

Well I do know that the first trailer (which is very similar to what was shown at Wizard Con in Chicago a few months ago) will be attached to I Am Legend which is released in December.

As for the moment it's a bit quiet. Though something new always seems to be kicked up every month or so. There have been about a half dozen plus websites that have popped up since Comic Con for the viral marketing campaign, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few more.
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:45 pm

Hey WannaB have you seen the new HaHa times? Did you notice that the Chinese ad is the only one not defaced. Think it means anything? Love the fact that Batman save money on his car insurance.

CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:39 pm

Yeah, I saw. Actual copies of the Gotham Times was the reward for the people who took part in that photo/scavanger hunt thing that was going on a few weeks ago. But they later made it available to view online, as well as the HaHa Times. Not sure what the significance of the unmarked section is about though.

They started up several new sites this past week...

http://www.thegothamtimes.com/http://www.thehahahatimes.com/
http://www.wearetheanswer.org/
http://www.gothamcityrail.com/
http://www.rememberinggina.org/
http://www.gothampolice.com/
http://www.gothamcab.com/

There's also a personality test issued by the Joker at...

http://www.whysoserious.com/personalityprofile/

And there's also a safe that can be cracked at...

http://www.whysoserious.com/mausoleum/

PLUS!!! The whole "see you in December thing..." might have something to do with the new photo of the Joker that is to be released here...

http://www.empireonline.com/heiscoming/

However, at the rate that the cards are turning it's likely that the new image will be revealed before December, so there may still be more to the December thing. I'm thinking that it's just a referrence to the trailer that is attached to I Am Legend. Also, this new pic has already been leaked due to it's presence in some upcoming magazines, and I have to say that the Joker looks awesome.
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:24 pm

RememberingGina was a nice touch, since I read about her passing away in the Gotham Times. I took the personality test at whysoserious. But got a disappointing Laugh Riot. Did you take it? I wonder what would happen if you get A Scream.
CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:04 pm

Yeah I took it, but got somewhere about 2/3 of the way up. I'm assuming a matching personality might reveal some more teaser stuff, though I haven't heard of any such thing.

I'd really like to know what's in that safe however.
WannaB

Postby WannaB » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:06 pm

WannaB

Postby WannaB » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:39 pm

Figured it out. Set your PC's clock to 7:38 AM to unlock the safe.

You'll find a message from the Joker indicating a future puzzle in a few days AND... a police evidence bag, along with it's contents. Keys, money, a pocket knife, a breath mint, a GUSD ID card. Little clues hidden all over. Numbers & info.

I have to say that I'm really enjoying this viral marketing.
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:45 pm

According to imdb.com Christian Bale has signed on to play John Connor in the next Terminator movie, Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins. John Connor was previously played by Edward Furlong (in T2) and Nick Stahl (in T3). Thankfully the Guvenator won't be back.
CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:13 pm

I was watching TV and finally came across a TV spot for Rambo. I have to admit to getting a little excited, even though after watching the spot again it struck me as corny. The song bodies hit the floor always makes me think of SS with Austin/Angle main eventing or the ECW ONS PPVs. I guess the bit of excitement is due to the nostalgia factor and the fact that I did enjoy First Blood with Stallone and Brian Dennehy. Too bad they couldn't get Otm Shank a role in this one as a nod to Dennehy.

Now I'm proud of my Italian heritage but I hate that whole guido subculture and hope they don't come out of the wood work again for Rambo. My cousin in NY was lamenting to me about them after Rocky premiered. Thankfully Eddie Murphy ripped into them along time ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fp67geuhJM

Here is the good stuff. Dark Knight trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI7XWOxriHY

I get the feeling that Ledger is going to blow Nicholson's performance as the Joker away and now become synonymous with the role. Can't wait.
WannaB any other fun viral campaigns going on or have they ended?
CheMateo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion